Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Migliore: Ferrari 599 GTB

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Don@Migliore
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Migliore: Ferrari 599 GTB

This is an except of Apollo Auto Detailing's thread. The full thread can be seen here:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-det...ax-review.html

Here is his review of Migliore Primo:

Originally Posted by Apollo Auto Detailing
On to the Migliore Primo review. Here's what I think of the wax:

I tried this wax out on my car a about a week ago when it was still pretty cold outside. It took quite a long time to cure (I did a swipe test roughly every 5 minutes), but in the end, curing time was about 25 minutes +/-. The first time I removed it was relatively easy and just for testing purposes, I did half of my hood with Migliore Primo and the other half with Swissvax Concorso. It wasn't as easy to remove as the SW, but then again, not as greasy. After removing it, I swiped the MF across both halves of the hood and I could feel a huge difference between the 2 waxes. The SW had a nice, slick feel to it but the Migliore... well I could actually feel that there was wax on the car and I like that. After swiping my MF across the hood enjoying the feel of Migliore, I broke out the garden hose and started spraying to test the sheeting. I got hypnotized by the beads and wound up spraying my car for a good 5 minutes, enjoying that too . Every time I sprayed it the Migliore side was almost completely dry, while the SW side left little patches of beads all over it. I sprayed it from several different angles just to be fair and the results were the same every time. Very nice sheeting action, very nice.

Now that the weather's finally warm here, I decided to give it another test run. Applying it this time was much easier than before and I'll attribute that to the temperature. This is a very solid wax; almost like rubbing an applicator on a soft candle... kind of like Colly 885, but this wax smells MUCH nicer . It's got a very pleasant, natural orange scent to it... nice touch. It went easy, though not as easy as most. It's got more of a "silky" feel to it, rather than "greasy". After letting it cure for about 25-30 minutes (the manufacturer says remove after 10 min.), I did the swipe test, but it was still a bit tacky. I then started to remove it with a MF and in some places it was grabby, but in others came off quite easily, but not as easily as most boutique waxes. I stopped removing it after a few swipes because it really didn't feel like it was cured yet. I don't know if you've ever seen a 599 GTB in person or not, but it's a WIDE automoble. I'm 6' tall and when leaning over it at about a 45 degree angle, my fingers barely touch the middle. When I applied the wax to the hood, I literally swiped the applicator (and really, just a quick swipe across the wax) 3 times to wax the hood, and it seems that I applied WAY too much! Then, I grabbed the Maki, put on a finishing pad, misted the car lightly with water and began to spread the wax more evenly. 10 minutes later it was easier to remove, but again, not the easiest wax I've ever removed (I'll point the finger at the weather for the easier removal the first time). It was still a bit grabby, but that's not really a bad thing.

Despite being a bit difficult to remove (I will be giving this wax another go shortly), IMO this is an excellent wax. Again, it's a wax that you can literally feel on the paint; kind of like wearing a Breitling... you KNOW it's there. If I get the chance to spit-shine a car again, this will be my wax of choice because it's just got that spit-shine wax feel to it. I can't comment on durability, but by the way this wax feels on the car, I'm going to guess it'll outlast most of the nubas I have.

If you're one of those people that expects your wax to go on like butter and come off like nothing was there, this is not the wax for you. I figured I'd make that disclaimer because I've seen it happen too many times where people go out and buy waxes based on something they've heard, then they get the wax home, don't read the instructions, can't apply or remove it easily, then they hate the wax and talk crap about it. This wax will require a little more effort to apply and remove, but that little extra effort is well worth it. Also, it's one of those "polish after removal to bring out the shine" waxes. It leaves a bit of residue on the paint (well, at least on this dark chocolate color), so it should be buffed afterward. I know the shine and look of a wax all boils down to the polish, but this wax gave an awesome finish and I really believe it added a lot more wetness to the paint.

Migliore Primo is most certainly different than any wax I've used so far, and I've used a lot of them... Here's a picture of her lubed up:
...and some pictures:

Partially waxed:

Application:

After:

Last edited by Don@Migliore; 04-06-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Well that's an awesome looking paint job and a real good review. You sent me the Original Blend a month or two back and I just had the car completely detailed last week. My good friend does a little detailing on the side and it took him three or four days to whip Her car into shape. I had him use the Original Blend you sent me and his only complaint was how hard it was to take off. Your instructions say, "Migliore waxes will not haze. Let Migliore stand for up to five minutes before removal..." That's what we did, why did the reviewer wait so long? Should we have waited?

I'll post up some pictures of the detail job when I get a chance.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Wow great review. Migliore FTW!

Oh and for the record, I waited roughly 20 minutes for the wax to cure onto the paint when I applied it to my car. It was about 68 degrees outside and was taking longer then anticipated to dry.

But yeah, it came out beautiful!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:34 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
nice ferrari.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Don@Migliore
Former Sponsor

Thanks all!

Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties
Well that's an awesome looking paint job and a real good review. You sent me the Original Blend a month or two back and I just had the car completely detailed last week. My good friend does a little detailing on the side and it took him three or four days to whip Her car into shape. I had him use the Original Blend you sent me and his only complaint was how hard it was to take off. Your instructions say, "Migliore waxes will not haze. Let Migliore stand for up to five minutes before removal..." That's what we did, why did the reviewer wait so long? Should we have waited?

I'll post up some pictures of the detail job when I get a chance.

The curing time really depends on how thick you apply. I have to stress our waxes should be applied VERY thin. Even Jesse at Apollo noted he applied too much. When applied thin, it should only take 5-10 minutes to cure. Migliore does not leave a white haze like other waxes.

Now, take it, the Original Blend and Primo are very different. Primo generally comes off very easy, as he noted during his initial testing.

I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures!
Old 04-06-2009, 05:58 PM
w0ady

pretty sweet work on a sweet car!
Old 04-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
This link is for you Don.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/car-car...-pictures.html
Old 04-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Don@Migliore