Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

What tire dressing and metal polish are you using?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 06:23 PM
IvoryG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What tire dressing and metal polish are you using?

Anybody know of a tire dressing that doesn't sling on your paint? Right now I'm using Meguiar's endurance tire gel. I usually let it sit over night and then wipe the tires down with a paper towel the next day and it still slings all over my car. Also can you guys recommend a metal polish for my fast intentions tips?

Old 03-25-2009, 06:35 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by IvoryG
Anybody know of a tire dressing that doesn't sling on your paint? Right now I'm using Meguiar's endurance tire gel. I usually let it sit over night and then wipe the tires down with a paper towel the next day and it still slings all over my car. Also can you guys recommend a metal polish for my fast intentions tips?

Neither Poorboy's World Bold N Bright or Blackfire Tire Gel slings at all. Both are great, the Blackfire is a little more glossy IMO.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:46 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Infomercial below:

I had been using Zaino's for a while, but application was a pain. it's pure liquid!

Since then, at the advice of BB and BJ, I've switched to Blackfire Gel.

It doesn't sling and goes on easy!

And it's safe for the tires. It's not silicone-based like those other tire gels /makes disgusted face/
Old 03-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Blackfire Longlasting Tire Gel from DI!
Old 03-25-2009, 07:08 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
I recommend using foam sprays, everything else is runny.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:46 PM
Loi

I agree on the products listed above, but you want something you can find at your local autozone or walmart, try Meguiar's Hot Shine spray. It's a aerosol can that goes on very thin and light with a good amount of shine and doesn't sling one bit.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
PB's Bold N Bright is my tire dressing of choice, no sling whatsoever.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:25 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm having the exact same problem with the exact same product. I'm going with the recommendations made on here and am about to order the Blackfire gel since I like the more glossy look. I can always go to PBW Bold-n-Bright if I need. Thanks for the suggestions folks!!
Old 03-25-2009, 11:40 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
I'm having the exact same problem with the exact same product. I'm going with the recommendations made on here and am about to order the Blackfire gel since I like the more glossy look. I can always go to PBW Bold-n-Bright if I need. Thanks for the suggestions folks!!
The B n B isn't expensive. Spend an extra $9 and get it too, put it on one side and the Blackfire on the other and do a comparison on shine and longevity. It is your duty to the G community!
Old 03-26-2009, 12:24 AM
KnoxvilleG37

Originally Posted by Black Betty
The B n B isn't expensive. Spend an extra $9 and get it too, put it on one side and the Blackfire on the other and do a comparison on shine and longevity. It is your duty to the G community!
Done. Ordered both tonight and will write up a review once I get the product and can do a detail and apply it. Great idea!

I'm also going to be doing a review/DIY on that LANGKA "blob eliminator" for use with OEM touch-up paint (but I ordered my touch-up paint from www.automotivetouchup.com since they guarantee a color match) to repair paint chips which seem to plague all of us. I put a small chip in the paint on my driver's side rear running board with the nozzle on the water hose last weekend. I about screamed when I saw what I had done....sheer stupidity and soft-a$$ paint.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:14 PM
KnoxvilleG37

So today I received my order from Detailed Image and will be doing my comparison of Poorboys World Bold-n-Bright and Blackfire Long Lasting Tire Gel this weekend. Hopefully I'll finally find a product I like.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:49 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Right now I'm trying Black Magic Titanium Matte Tire Finish and Optimum Metal Polish. I really like the Black Magic.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:52 PM
IvoryG

Just to update quickly. I got the blackfire tire gel and it is perfect. Not real glossy. Put it on last night. Drove about 40-50 miles today and at some high speeds. Get home no sling. It was very easy to apply. Next the PS21 metal polish worked great on my fast intentions tips. Took less then 5 minutes on both and they came out great. Just a couple shots from last night.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:31 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I like the blackfire gel
Old 03-31-2009, 08:42 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Just to update quickly. I got the blackfire tire gel and it is perfect. Not real glossy. Put it on last night. Drove about 40-50 miles today and at some high speeds. Get home no sling. It was very easy to apply. Next the PS21 metal polish worked great on my fast intentions tips. Took less then 5 minutes on both and they came out great. Just a couple shots from last night.

Lookin' good. I like the wheels. Did you use this for the tips?

or this?

Quick Reply: What tire dressing and metal polish are you using?