Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Citrus Wash

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 05:01 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Citrus Wash

alright so I have recently placed an order from detailed image and I have read numerous amounts of people using citrus washes. So in my order I got the chem. guys citrus wash & clear and also their citrus wash & gloss. Reading about them, they are almost the same, however they recomend using the citrus wash & gloss for cars that have already been detailed so that you dont lose the polished layers and etc.

All in all I found the descriptions to be vague so I was just wondering if you guys can clear it up as to what should be used when. Basically my car needs to be decreased BIG time, this is to get all the winter nastiness out, there is like rubber, tar and etc stuck on the front quarter panels and in the back. I wasnt sure what product to use so I got both of them.

oh and I also got the foam-master
Old 03-23-2009, 05:32 AM
TOGWT

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
[...however they recomend using the citrus wash & gloss for cars that have already been detailed so that you dont lose the polished layers and etc...]

di-limonene is a citrus based solvent, so it will clean polishing oils / wax / sealant from a paint surface
Old 03-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Use the Wash & Clear in a stronger concentration in your foam gun to strip everything off your finish. I'd use about 6 oz. in the foam gun set on "E". After that, use the Wash & Gloss to maintain it. 2 to 3 oz. in the gun on E also will not strip off your wax or sealant.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Use the Wash & Clear in a stronger concentration in your foam gun to strip everything off your finish. I'd use about 6 oz. in the foam gun set on "E". After that, use the Wash & Gloss to maintain it. 2 to 3 oz. in the gun on E also will not strip off your wax or sealant.
awesome! thanks homeslice!
Old 04-29-2009, 02:43 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

guys another quick question, it may be a stupid one but whatever..If I use like 2-3oz wash in the foam gun, am I suppose to dilute it before starting or just pour it in, reconnect and fire away? Or am I suppose to add water with it and then mix it before continuing?
Old 04-29-2009, 10:18 AM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Just an FYI....the Citrus Wash & Gloss can also be used in high concentration to strip prior sealant/wax/etc from your finish. So basically you can use either to strip protection, but I think I read that Wash & Clear is MUCH better for the foam gun. I used the Wash & Gloss this past weekend to strip protection (which did a great job) and did a full detail (wash, clay bar, re-wash, sealant, wax, wheel sealant, etc etc). You're good going with either product.

FYI....Black Betty, you were RIGHT ON about the Poorboys World Bold-n-Bright. Those tires are a deep black with just enough shine. I'm gonna try the Blackfire Gel on my next wash this weekend and see which one I like better.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:21 PM
n_jay888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
Just an FYI....the Citrus Wash & Gloss can also be used in high concentration to strip prior sealant/wax/etc from your finish. So basically you can use either to strip protection, but I think I read that Wash & Clear is MUCH better for the foam gun. I used the Wash & Gloss this past weekend to strip protection (which did a great job) and did a full detail (wash, clay bar, re-wash, sealant, wax, wheel sealant, etc etc). You're good going with either product.

FYI....Black Betty, you were RIGHT ON about the Poorboys World Bold-n-Bright. Those tires are a deep black with just enough shine. I'm gonna try the Blackfire Gel on my next wash this weekend and see which one I like better.
Knox i tried both the Poorboys World Bold-n-Bright and Blackfire Tire Gel. I might say that im really impressed with the Blackfire. Durability is there and it stays for a while. You will not be disappointed for sure.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:55 PM
lmulion03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agreed - I really like Blackfire. Never tried Poorboys.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by Goonz
guys another quick question, it may be a stupid one but whatever..If I use like 2-3oz wash in the foam gun, am I suppose to dilute it before starting or just pour it in, reconnect and fire away? Or am I suppose to add water with it and then mix it before continuing?
Add the 2 to 2.5 oz of Wash & Gloss to the reservoir and fill it up the rest of the way with water. It doesn't matter if you do it before putting it in the gun reservoir or after. Just mix the shampoo into 1/2 gallon of water and use it on "E". If you put in the shampoo first, pour the water in slowly so you don't foam it up a lot and have your suds overflowing before you can fill it up. Be sure to shake it to completely mix before you begin.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

I've never had any sling with Bold N Bright and it gives a "not too shiny" finish. The Blackfire Tire Gel is much shinier but I did get sling once when I applied 2 heavy coats back to back and drove about 30 minutes later. Maybe I should have either applied less or let it sit overnight before driving.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:06 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Add the 2 to 2.5 oz of Wash & Gloss to the reservoir and fill it up the rest of the way with water. It doesn't matter if you do it before putting it in the gun reservoir or after. Just mix the shampoo into 1/2 gallon of water and use it on "E". If you put in the shampoo first, pour the water in slowly so you don't foam it up a lot and have your suds overflowing before you can fill it up. Be sure to shake it to completely mix before you begin.
awesome! much appreciated!
Old 05-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

I bought a gallon each of CG Maxi Suds and a gallon of Citrus Wash and Gloss. I like foam. I mix about 2.5 oz of the Suds and about 1 oz. of the Gloss on E and it's really sudsy. Works great and doesn't strip my wax.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Seer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought a gallon each of CG Maxi Suds and a gallon of Citrus Wash and Gloss. I like foam. I mix about 2.5 oz of the Suds and about 1 oz. of the Gloss on E and it's really sudsy. Works great and doesn't strip my wax.

WOW... we do the same thing lol