Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Clearn Bra / Ventureshield color fading problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 03:19 AM
antoniolea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clearn Bra / Ventureshield color fading problem

Has anyone actually used the ventureshield or any other brand (if so what brand) for years and took them off later? Have you found any issues such as color fading, etc? I am about to get one and I have not heard from any long term users that has actually peeled off after years of use..
Old 03-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Herkypilot

Originally Posted by antoniolea
Has anyone actually used the ventureshield or any other brand (if so what brand) for years and took them off later? Have you found any issues such as color fading, etc? I am about to get one and I have not heard from any long term users that has actually peeled off after years of use..

I've used the 3M clear bra on a 2004 RX-8 and had no problems. I've never taken one off though - didn't have a reason to. I recently purchased my G37 and had the clear bra installed with less then 100 miles on the odo - which is the best time to do it before the front end gets even one rock ding. Professionally installed on my RX-8 and this car were both around $550 each. I wouldn't have attempted to install my self as I wouldn't have expected it to come out nearly as good.

Herkypilot
Old 03-05-2009, 09:59 PM
HTP AutoWorks

Just pulled ClearMask AR off of my moms car after it has been on there for years. Perfectly clear and no yellowing. The only reason I took it off was to install a full hood and full fenders.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:17 AM
antoniolea

Herkypilot, did you also use the 3M on g37 as well? or are you using a different brand now?
Old 03-06-2009, 03:56 PM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I've had 3M material on my 07 sedan since 12/06. It has never been removed ... and no problems yet.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Herkypilot

Originally Posted by antoniolea
Herkypilot, did you also use the 3M on g37 as well? or are you using a different brand now?

Sorry about taking so long to reply - Computer problems!

Yes, it's 3M on the G37. I've had good experience with it. Some have mentioned before about an "Orange peel" look to the paint after application, but to tell you the truth, I'm not thoroughly impressed with the overall paint job on these cars. I was looking over my trunk and it has the orange peel look from the factory. It's not real glassy smooth so I IMHO the 3M doesn't detract from the paint appearance at all.

Herkypilot
Old 04-06-2009, 02:04 AM
tygr

i have 3m on my front bumper and hte only thing i notice is it attracts dust faster so when it's dusty you can see it. all i do is wipe off the dust with the plastic polish, along with the bugs and bird poop, it's great.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:34 AM
ak47
Banned

ventra shield on my coupe front bumper looks great no fadding and not yellow. also come with a clear coat finish on it. others dont hae that.. i keep hearing 3m turns yellow be carefull
Old 07-29-2009, 03:06 AM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
peeling will only happen if the clear bra is not installed properly. Also, 3m now owns ventureshield
Old 07-29-2009, 10:41 PM
HTP AutoWorks

Originally Posted by Lou@Amplified
peeling will only happen if the clear bra is not installed properly. Also, 3m now owns ventureshield
3M has owned VentureShield for a while now. Their films are still two completely different films. 3M refuses to change their film to a better product. And I guess if you cant beat the competition... buy them out.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:02 AM
mello03

I had my G done yesterday from an Xpel dealer who has done over 1500 cars. He told me that he has had less than 5 come back with issues. I asked him specifically about Ventureshield and he said that he has heard that it is a good product and looks fantastic on dark colored cars because it is clear and you can't see the lines, but has the potential to scratch more easily than the other 3M. I don't know if all of that is true but the way he explained it to me made sense. He has been doing this for about 8-10 years so I figure he knows a thing or two. I am sure both are fine and Ventureshield has a lifetime warranty, right?
Old 07-30-2009, 10:33 AM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had 3M on 540i for 3+ years, have 3M on VW GTI for 2+ year and VS for 1+ year on G. No problems with either 3M or VS so far. Biggest factor is the quality of the install based on my personal experience.

Originally Posted by mello03
I had my G done yesterday from an Xpel dealer who has done over 1500 cars. He told me that he has had less than 5 come back with issues. I asked him specifically about Ventureshield and he said that he has heard that it is a good product and looks fantastic on dark colored cars because it is clear and you can't see the lines, but has the potential to scratch more easily than the other 3M. I don't know if all of that is true but the way he explained it to me made sense. He has been doing this for about 8-10 years so I figure he knows a thing or two. I am sure both are fine and Ventureshield has a lifetime warranty, right?