Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Horror at the Infiniti carwash

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I'm one of "those customers" at my dealership now. I had it happen to me and I raised such hell that I made them put a notation in the computer "DO NOT WASH MR. HARRIS' CAR UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO FIGHT HIM!". Each time I go in I remember to tell them that if my car gets washed, somebody's going to take an azz whuppin'. It's never been washed since then.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:41 PM
w0ady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry to hear.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I'm one of "those customers" at my dealership now. I had it happen to me and I raised such hell that I made them put a notation in the computer "DO NOT WASH MR. HARRIS' CAR UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO FIGHT HIM!". Each time I go in I remember to tell them that if my car gets washed, somebody's going to take an azz whuppin'. It's never been washed since then.
Lolz!
Old 01-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Keep the preferences of the race you prefer to wash your cars to yourselves, please.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:33 PM
vINCe_Inc

Originally Posted by Blackjack
I never let the dealer wash my car or anyone but me... Not bashing dealers or anyone else but you are going to be more particular about your car than someone else. For example... If you drop your wash mit on the ground by accident, you'll probably get a new one. I doubt the dealer is gonna do that. They will probably just wash it out in the bucket. Unfortunately that's all it takes is a piece of grit to cause a clearcoat nightmare.
you really just get a new one ? i mean cant you rinse the mitt to death and then re-use it ?
Old 02-17-2009, 01:32 PM
gmblack3

I had to repolish a new black carerra S at a porsche dealer in Atlanta. While I was waiting for the client to show up, I watched the car wash guy take the good old green brush on a stick out of a dirty mop bucket to a brand new red convertible porsche. I asked the guys that polish the cars and they said the manager says to do it this way.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:46 PM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hell I'd rather let the dealer wash mine for free then get my lazy azz out in the sun and do it! Swirl marks are nothing a good polish can't cure (hardly the "nightmare" they're made out to be)....
Old 02-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
Hell I'd rather let the dealer wash mine for free then get my lazy azz out in the sun and do it! Swirl marks are nothing a good polish can't cure (hardly the "nightmare" they're made out to be)....
Please post pics of the finish on your BO, I'd love to see what it looks like.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:20 PM
SirFer

I'm gonna give props to my dealer here, they don't wash cars unless you specifically ask them to. Unfortunately mine was shipped in from another dealer and came as a swirl monster back in July. It disgusts me, but I took it to school shortly after that which means it's been sitting out in the elements all year and is covered in snow salt and road grime and nastiness. Looking at her makes me want to cry, but I'm definitely getting a top of the line detail done once I'm back home and can get back in a garage... But at least some of the places you guys are talking about wash them by hand at the dealer. My Hummer dealer called me one time and told me my H2 would be done in about an hour. I had a friend give me a ride back to the dealer, on the way there I saw my car in a car wash down the road from the dealer! And not even a touchless one, one of the ones with the spinning brushes of swirldeath and the driver-free track that seems to eat wheels and tires... I wasn't happy, I definitely made sure it didn't happen again after that.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:21 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

Something needs a "hose down"

Old 02-17-2009, 03:55 PM
Ryuken09

I too am a victim. I zaino'd my car after, but the next time I strip all the polish off, I think I'll get it professionally buffed. There are plenty of swirls and minor scratches on my baby...
Old 02-20-2009, 02:26 PM
PhilH930

I had my car serviced yesterday (3rd service since owning) and let them wash my car. When driving away, I remembered one thing, I forgot to tell them to NOT wash the inside. I had fears of greasy Armorall everywhere in my car and it smelling like a Chinese plastics factory.

I called twice during the day, and even dropped them an email making sure they only washed the exterior.

Thankfully, they pulled through, and I have to give them credit. They did a great job washing the car. The wheels are almost to my standard, the chrome needs only one wipe with a lint free cloth, but the windows are stunning. I've never seen my windows this clean.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:26 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
If you came out to me and serviced I'd swap your plates onto another coupe just to pretend i was washing your car as you were coming to visit! just to be a ball buster!
Old 02-23-2009, 01:55 PM
gsw

Dealerships are notorious for bad details. Our cars changes hands from so many people there that you can tell one person one thing, and it'll never pass on to the next.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:24 PM
alanz
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am victim of my dealer too. Got my car back from dealer for an exhaust install and found there are swirl marks every where on my brand new 2012 black g37xs. I am pissed. I was told they used brushes to clean the car, WTF?

Do let anybody wash car, touchless wash only!!!

Quick Reply: Horror at the Infiniti carwash