Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Clear bra/windows tint offer - Please comment

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 11:06 AM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well said HTP!
Old 12-31-2008, 11:52 AM
andromeda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HTP AutoWorks
As soon as you repaint that bumper you will loose a lot of money in that car. Anytime a car is repainted it will depreciate because no one wants a car that has had damage to it... and they will never feel comfortable with you telling them "it was just for rock chips" because there are to many shady practices going on these days.

If anything the bumper is the main piece to protect on a car. 80% of the damage will happen to the bumper and the front edge of the hood/fenders. I would feel pretty stupid if the hood and fenders were protected and yet the bumper was all chipped up because it wasnt. It doesnt make sense really if you think about it. Like you said you paid 45k for that car. So why are you worried about $50 now. Get the full clear bra on the front... he is offering you a great price and you will not have to worry about rock chips any more.

Thanks Guys! I see your point. But it's more that $50...If I do option 2 I could get it for $275 I think..So it's really say $300 versus $650!!

Heat you don't have a bra at all?? How come?

Thanks guys! Really appreciate your inputs.
A
Old 12-31-2008, 12:03 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

You want the G looking as good as possible while YOU drive it, right? Why worry about painting the bumper just to sell it to someone else?

Seriously, I have heard this "I'll just paint the bumper when it starts to look bad" so many times it's annoying 'cause I know no one does it
They sell the car as is or take a bigger hit by painting it as HTP says and the people worry what else is wrong with the vehicle. You get nothing extra when you sell with a re-spray.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:17 PM
andromeda

Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
You want the G looking as good as possible while YOU drive it, right? Why worry about painting the bumper just to sell it to someone else?

Seriously, I have heard this "I'll just paint the bumper when it starts to look bad" so many times it's annoying 'cause I know no one does it
They sell the car as is or take a bigger hit by painting it as HTP says and the people worry what else is wrong with the vehicle. You get nothing extra when you sell with a re-spray.
Thanks Man! I will push the $650 to $600 and get him another customer..See if he is ok with it...
Old 12-31-2008, 12:38 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

^My bet is he says OK
Old 12-31-2008, 01:56 PM
Heat

Originally Posted by andromeda
Thanks Guys! I see your point. But it's more that $50...If I do option 2 I could get it for $275 I think..So it's really say $300 versus $650!!

A
I was one of the first to own the G37 and when I got it, neither the dealer or anyone local had a clear bra kit for it. And now it is too late because I already have a lot of knicks.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:22 PM
VIP G

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
easy choice, you don't need the whole hood, just get 2,3,4 for $650. So-so price on the tints. I got mine done for $120 with 30% front two, 20% rear and quarters. Next step is getting the windshield 50% or 35%

Weird thing is my car came with clear film on it. The front bumper is covered as well as certain parts down the sides
Old 12-31-2008, 02:23 PM
w0ady

if you're going to do it, do the special offer 2/3/4. like i said before, i had 1 before and it was great but not doing it this time around.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:54 PM
slip66

I got this guys number from this website. Pics of the install at the bottom.

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-membe...m-wrx-sti.html

Quoted me 700$ for the same 2/3/4 you got offered, using Xpel material. I will be getting it soon, if I were you and you have a good feel on that installer I would take the deal.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:01 PM
HTP AutoWorks

A
Read my post a little more carefully. It does not make sense to do the hood/fenders/mirrors and not do the bumper. The bumper takes most of the damage. So yes it is a $50 difference you are worried about. The most important piece you should get would be the bumper...

Most installers including myself will do a multi car discount. So if you get another car for him to install you can probably get him down a little. But again if $50 is a deal breaker for you then you should not be driving a new G37... it was way out of your price range and you shuold have gotten something more affordable.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:28 PM
andromeda

Read my post a little more carefully. It does not make sense to do the hood/fenders/mirrors and not do the bumper. The bumper takes most of the damage. So yes it is a $50 difference you are worried about. The most important piece you should get would be the bumper...

Most installers including myself will do a multi car discount. So if you get another car for him to install you can probably get him down a little. But again if $50 is a deal breaker for you then you should not be driving a new G37... it was way out of your price range and you shuold have gotten something more affordable.

Makes sense..
Thanks ALL!
God Bless!
A
Old 12-31-2008, 05:29 PM
Keng

I would do half hood with the bumper too
Old 01-04-2009, 09:12 PM
andromeda

Got the 2, 3 and 4 for $600..I think is a good deal, will see how it looks.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:17 PM
andromeda

Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
^My bet is he says OK
You were right, he is doing it for $600 w/o any other customer. But I told him I'd do the tint at his place. My question is when you do the windows tint, doesn't that lower the ability to see outside, especially during the night?

Thanks,
A
Old 01-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Heat

You were right, he is doing it for $600 w/o any other customer. But I told him I'd do the tint at his place. My question is when you do the windows tint, doesn't that lower the ability to see outside, especially during the night?

Thanks,
A
$200 is still high for tint unless you are getting something special.

The ability to see through windows is greatly dependent on the percentage of tint that you get. First, you should decide if you are willing to have illegal tint or not. I took the liberty of verifying the Ohio tint laws for you. You may have 50% on the front side windows and any percent on the back side windows and rear window. It also says that you can have 70% on the windshield though I would not recommend tint on your windshield. Second, you should decide what type/brand of tint that you want. One of the most common and trusted tints are Llumar. They have a lifetime warranty for the time that you own the vehicle.

Just remember that the lower the percentage, the darker the tint. If you are worried about visibility than I would not go darker than 15%. I have 15% all around and have no problems whatsoever. However, my husband has 5% on his back windshield and it is VERY difficult to see out.

Tint is great in keeping your interior from getting sun damaged among other obvious reasons.

Quick Reply: Clear bra/windows tint offer - Please comment