Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Water spot on black car

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 04:42 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I don't know, I wiped mine right off. I wouldn't leave it on any longer than absolutely necessary.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:33 PM
siperwrx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To get the water spots off, just use a finishing polish and then seal with Klasse, Rejex or any other sealant. The best way to avoid getting the water spots is to use ONR (Optimum No-Rinse). You don't need to spray down the whole car, simply clean and dry one panel at a time (with microfiber, of course). Look it up in the Autopia forums for more info.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
You can also get a filter system for your water hose that will spray softwater/filtered and you can literally let dry and walk away with no spots. (as long as its not windy)

Something like the MR Clean filtration that leaves no spots. Im looking into purchasing this.

My Freind has a sfotwater set-up for all of his water on the house and he just washes his Vette and lets it dry in the sun with no spots <- BASTARD!
Old 12-31-2008, 01:01 PM
siperwrx

Even with a filtration system, you need to have a very well waxed/sealed car so the water can just stream off. Even filtered water has some flaws (sediment that can build up in the the hose/trigger) that can etch into your paint. You're better off spending the extra 10 mins to ensure your G looks perfect.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:05 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
^ I have D.I. water at my house... Just rinse and walk away... No water spots AT ALL.... Not sure if that's the same as soft water though....
Old 01-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by siperwrx
Even with a filtration system, you need to have a very well waxed/sealed car so the water can just stream off. Even filtered water has some flaws (sediment that can build up in the the hose/trigger) that can etch into your paint. You're better off spending the extra 10 mins to ensure your G looks perfect.

AGREED!

I wax my ride once a month.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:01 PM
VONYC

i have BO . no garage . miami = SUN and that happens to me when it rains... but look

it doesnt matter what soap you use or wax... wtf ??

just when you wash the car soap it all and leave the soap until you done.. yes it will dry but when sopa drys nothing happens because as soon as the water hits it comes off..

trust me i do it every single time ..

DRYING ??? microfiber ???

use an absorber .. absorbs all water and leaves no streaks !!

buy that.. and your good ... you will see you wont have anymore water spots or streaks..
Old 01-02-2009, 02:08 PM
siperwrx

I don't really understand the first half of your post but do NOT use an Absorber. Do some research and you'll see the potential dangers of using one. Particles can still get trapped in an absorber and scratch your paint in the drying process. The Absorber falls in the same category that a California Car Duster falls under... "completely safe to rub across your paint with no potential consequences". Simply wrong.

Originally Posted by x'sG37_MIA
i have BO . no garage . miami = SUN and that happens to me when it rains... but look

it doesnt matter what soap you use or wax... wtf ??

just when you wash the car soap it all and leave the soap until you done.. yes it will dry but when sopa drys nothing happens because as soon as the water hits it comes off..

trust me i do it every single time ..

DRYING ??? microfiber ???

use an absorber .. absorbs all water and leaves no streaks !!

buy that.. and your good ... you will see you wont have anymore water spots or streaks..

Last edited by siperwrx; 01-02-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:32 PM
VONYC

when I finish with my absorber I do wash it down after -.-
And it not like I'm drying a dirty car ??? The car is already clean
Old 01-02-2009, 02:39 PM
siperwrx

Right, but washing your car doesn't ensure that all contaminents have been lifted off your paint. That's why they created claybar...because regular washing simply can't get all of the harmful, stubborn things stuck to your paint such as bugs, road tar, etc. The Absorber, when run across a freshly washed car, can pickup contaminents that have merely been loosened by the wash itself. After you pick up some of those contaminents and continue to dry your car, you run the risk of leaving scratches or micro-marring your paint's finish.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The same would go for drying with anything else. Microfiber, leather and 100% cotton towel will all do the same thing. What do you suggest? fabricate a high powered air dry system in your garage.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Stanced370Z

Originally Posted by siperwrx
Right, but washing your car doesn't ensure that all contaminents have been lifted off your paint. That's why they created claybar...because regular washing simply can't get all of the harmful, stubborn things stuck to your paint such as bugs, road tar, etc. The Absorber, when run across a freshly washed car, can pickup contaminents that have merely been loosened by the wash itself. After you pick up some of those contaminents and continue to dry your car, you run the risk of leaving scratches or micro-marring your paint's finish.
The only way to safely dry ur car is to use a leaf blower. Anything that involves rubbing ur paint to dry it doesn't ensure that you're not going to scratch it up.

Personally I use the absorber just because i don't like waffle weave microfibers, and my finish looks
Old 01-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah unless you use your leaf blower to also vacuum the leaves. HMMMM. lets blow dirt onto our car.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:25 PM
siperwrx

Originally Posted by Heat
The same would go for drying with anything else. Microfiber, leather and 100% cotton towel will all do the same thing. What do you suggest? fabricate a high powered air dry system in your garage.
Not necessarily true. When I dry my car with plush microfiber, I switch to clean side frequently, I do very short drying strokes and I switch to a fresh towel after every panel. On top of that, I claybar fairly often and wax my car every two weeks. I have no swirls, scratches. I used an Absorber on my old car and I got swirls and scratches fairly regularly.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:28 AM
ERM

To remove use distilled vinegar. Put it on a towel or sponge and put it over the spots . Do one section at a time and let it sit for about 30 secs to a minute. Make sure you rinse after and then wash the car. Vinegar will remove your wax so you'll have to rewax your car after the vinegar. Before the wax add a sealant and it then you should be good from water and bird droppings, etc.

Last edited by ERM; 01-17-2009 at 02:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Water spot on black car