Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Kick A$$ Shine (Duragloss 105)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 09:35 AM
machinist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kick A$$ Shine (Duragloss 105)

Hey guys, I was doing some reading around on google and although a few ppl on here seem impressed with Menzerna FMJ for the shine, I've heard far better things with duragloss 105.

I just bought some 128 oz of ONR from everyone's suggestion. Do you guys think I should apply Duragloss 105 after the ONR has been applied & dried?

I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Old 12-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I've heard of it, but never used it myself. From the feedback I've received from those that use it, they don't consider it much better than a typical Turtle Wax or Meguiars wax from Walmart.

Again... Just passing along what I've heard. I have not used Duragloss.

Your best shine comes from a natural carnuba wax on top of a sealant though.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:06 AM
machinist

Ahhh...good news my friend...the ingredients inside the duragloss 105 (it's the newer & revised version of duragloss 111) actually contains carnuba wax in it, which makes it that much better. I simple google search on the stuff and seeing ppl's posted pictures made me realize just how good this stuff is. I'm gonna check out the local store around town to see if they have it.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I honestly wouldnt use any type of wax or sealant that I could buy from a chain store like AutoZone or Walmart. Just my opinion.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:23 AM
machinist

That's an interesting point. Just curious why is that?
Old 12-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Heat

Most of them are just mass produced crappy products. And I don't like to experiment with crappy products just to find the good ones. I would rather research them first, then buy the quality ones. Spend less money overall that way.

I had a friend that bought a G35 after owning a really nice mustang and after hearing about how excited I was that my G37 was preordered. He couldnt afford a G37 so he bought a used G35. He then turned around and put Turtle Wax on it. I just about cursed him out. Turtle wax is just as good as going through a automatic car wash with the brushes.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:38 AM
machinist

Yeah, good point! I'm a bit of a geek myself when it comes to researching stuff before I buy it. Best friend is google. That's why I went ahead and bought the ONR, cause there was enough youtube videos and demo's that proved it a good product, not to mention feedback from ppl around the net. I can't wait to get it in the mail.

What's your fav cleaner for the interior dashboards & leather seats?
Old 12-29-2008, 10:42 AM
Don@Migliore
Former Sponsor

Check out http://www.migliorewax.com/exteriorwaxes.html for quality carnaubas

We can ship to Canada pretty cheap. If you do a Google search for Migliore Wax there are a ton of reviews and photos.

Last edited by Don@Migliore; 12-29-2008 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:07 AM
Heat

Originally Posted by machinist
Yeah, good point! I'm a bit of a geek myself when it comes to researching stuff before I buy it. Best friend is google. That's why I went ahead and bought the ONR, cause there was enough youtube videos and demo's that proved it a good product, not to mention feedback from ppl around the net. I can't wait to get it in the mail.

What's your fav cleaner for the interior dashboards & leather seats?
Leather seats - Lexol - supurb product! I have had a long history with it besides car care.

Interior dash - Meguiars Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant. First time user and it works great to provide that "like new" shine without the "oily" look. I have done other people's car with it and they love it too. It really keeps that dust off you dashboard too. Some people like that Aerospace Protectant, but I dont like that oily look so I am skeptical to try it.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:47 AM
machinist

Thanks Heat. I'll be sure to look into Lexol for the leather. It's ok to use this stuff a few times a week, right? Or is that a complete overkill? (prob is)

I'm gonna take off soon to the local stores to get some cleaning cloths as well.

For best use with ONR, is it best to get a sheepskin cloth or a regular MF cloth?
Old 12-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Heat

Thanks Heat. I'll be sure to look into Lexol for the leather. It's ok to use this stuff a few times a week, right? Or is that a complete overkill? (prob is)

I'm gonna take off soon to the local stores to get some cleaning cloths as well.

For best use with ONR, is it best to get a sheepskin cloth or a regular MF cloth?
No need to use Lexol more than once a month. It is really thick. I recently used it on my parents 98 dodge truck that looked like the leather had never been conditioned in its life and this lexol really got in there and softened it up. It took more than usual because the dry leather just soaked it all up. But when I finished, it really made a difference. My mom was begging me to give her some since I had a big bottle of it. You can't buy it at a local auto store but you can get it at a saddle shop or western store or buy it offline at http://www.detailedimage.com/Leather-C27/. Myg37 members get a discount.

Blackjack or MaxtotheG will have to answer your other question.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:05 PM
machinist

Sounds good to me. I already placed my order with DI last night so I just e-mailed them a few seconds ago to see if I'm able to add that item to the existing order, unless it has already shipped. My car is only 10 days old (It's an 09 G37x coupe) so it's not like the leather is wearing out already. I just wanna baby it like the rest of everyone here on the forums. Thx for the feedback.

Just 1 last thing...should I get sheepskin cloth or regular MF to be best used with ONR?
Old 12-29-2008, 12:06 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I always stick with MF....
Old 12-29-2008, 12:07 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

For ONR, Either is fine... I prefer a microfiber.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:07 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Heat, i noticed you said myg37 members get a discount at detailed image. how do we go about getting that? cause i just ordered some stuff from there no more than 20 min. ago.

Quick Reply: Kick A$$ Shine (Duragloss 105)