Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Winter Detailing Can Be a PAIN... Here's Your Solution.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
Ok, I ordered some. I like to stay ahead on the BO and so far so good. Thanks, BJ
You'll like it for sure!
Old 12-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Forgot to mention.. This can also be used as a claybar lube and in my opinion does a better job that other CB lubes on the market.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:41 PM
G35_TX
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I highly recommend this stuff. The guy in the video name is Anthony. He developed the stuff here in San Antonio, and he is one of the well known detailers on autopia.org.

I need to get some more myself. Very good stuff and I would definitely recommend the two bucket way.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:44 PM
G35_TX
Premier Member

Here is his forums.

http://optimumforums.org/index.php?
Old 12-10-2008, 01:54 PM
G35_TX
Premier Member

http://optimumforums.org/index.php?showtopic=892&hl= more info on the ONR product itself.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by G35_TX
I highly recommend this stuff. The guy in the video name is Anthony. He developed the stuff here in San Antonio, and he is one of the well known detailers on autopia.org.

I need to get some more myself. Very good stuff and I would definitely recommend the two bucket way.
http://optimumforums.org/index.php?showtopic=892&hl= more info on the ONR product itself.
Thanks for the feedback on the product and additional information.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:29 PM
SpecC

in the winter, a bucket of WARM water with ONR is the perfect way to do it in my opinion
Old 12-10-2008, 03:55 PM
BiskitG37

I'm a little nervous to use it. Here in FL, I'm worried about sand or salt spray on the car (I drive over a long bridge going to work each day). So you really think it won't add swirls in this situation?
Old 12-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Seer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ONR works very well. so does chemical guys ONE, its the same thing, except it adds waxing to the mix too.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BiskitG37
I'm a little nervous to use it. Here in FL, I'm worried about sand or salt spray on the car (I drive over a long bridge going to work each day). So you really think it won't add swirls in this situation?
Being OCD about my car, I definitely understand the concern. Likely more than everyone. We obviously need to take certain situations into consideration. It may not be right for everyone but perfect for others.

I'll leave it by sharing my recent experience... I live in a new neighborhood and area with a ton of new construction (okay maybe not the last few months, but the past year the construction has been crazy). My car get incredibly dusty from all the dirt and dust flying in the air. This isn't your typical dust either. It's more of a grit from the dry clay dust that is being stirred up in the air likely similar to sand. I took the risk one day and didn't have any problems. So I continue to use it. Keep in mind, the cleanliness of my car helps sell my part time business.

I'm not trying to sell anyone on the product. You aren't buying from me. Just trying to share a good product that helped me in these crappy winter months when it's tough to keep a car clean.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackjack
Being OCD about my car, I definitely understand the concern. Likely more than everyone. We obviously need to take certain situations into consideration. It may not be right for everyone but perfect for others.

I'll leave it by sharing my recent experience... I live in a new neighborhood and area with a ton of new construction (okay maybe not the last few months, but the past year the construction has been crazy). My car get incredibly dusty from all the dirt and dust flying in the air. This isn't your typical dust either. It's more of a grit from the dry clay dust that is being stirred up in the air likely similar to sand. I took the risk one day and didn't have any problems. So I continue to use it. Keep in mind, the cleanliness of my car helps sell my part time business.

I'm not trying to sell anyone on the product. You aren't buying from me. Just trying to share a good product that helped me in these crappy winter months when it's tough to keep a car clean.
Seeing your BO and how you post about being **** about it's condition and the fact that you detail professionally now is what I took into consideration when evaluating this recommendation. As well as others whose opinions and experince I respect. If it screws my car up, I can always take a road trip to Atlanta and find you and demand a free detail.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:35 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
im thinking of trying that out this year
Old 12-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Loi

it works great in extreme heat? So does this prevent water spots?
Old 12-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Seeing your BO and how you post about being **** about it's condition and the fact that you detail professionally now is what I took into consideration when evaluating this recommendation. As well as others whose opinions and experince I respect. If it screws my car up, I can always take a road trip to Atlanta and find you and demand a free detail.
Haha.. Thanks BB! Appreciate it.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Loi
it works great in extreme heat? So does this prevent water spots?
Heat is fine. But not direct sunlight.

Quick Reply: Winter Detailing Can Be a PAIN... Here's Your Solution.