Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Help Which Carnauba wax should I use?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Don@Migliore
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan1
I just watched the video on that, TERRIBLE. You're asking for swirls and lots of marring by using that product.
I agree, it looks like the guy is using a wash cloth?
Old 12-24-2008, 04:25 PM
ice350

I just watched the video on that, TERRIBLE. You're asking for swirls and lots of marring by using that product.
Nothing could be further from the truth. This is a waterless car cleaner that absorbs dirt right into the cloth. It leaves a beautiful finish.
I recommended it to a friend with a black car. He had swirls and little scratches all over it. I told him to use it a couple months and the swirls would disappear. I wasn't sure about the scratches. In only a month, his car looks like it just came off the showrrom floor. Same for everyone I've recommended it to. You spray it on the car and wipe off with a microfiber cloth. Take a second microfiber cloth to buff. You can do the whole car in 15-20 minutes.
I highly recommend this stuff.

Last edited by ice350; 12-24-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ice350
Nothing could be further from the truth. This is a waterless car cleaner that absorbs dirt right into the cloth. It leaves a beautiful finish.
I recommended it to a friend with a black car. He had swirls and little scratches all over it. I told him to use it a couple months and the swirls would disappear. I wasn't sure about the scratches. In only a month, his car looks like it just came off the showrrom floor. Same for everyone I've recommended it to. You spray it on the car and wipe off with a microfiber cloth. Take a second microfiber cloth to buff. You can do the whole car in 15-20 minutes.
I'm sorry but you statements here are hilarious. You say your friend had swirls all over and he used it for a couple of months and they dissappeared. LOL... . Swirls don't dissappear unless you are using an abrasive polish to polish them out. If any product does reduce the visibility of a swirls, it must contain fillers which is only temporary.

I'm a professional detailer and would never use this. I use ONR (optimimum no rinse) but this still requires water.

On behalf detailers worldwide, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE USE THIS.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:08 PM
ice350

Originally Posted by Blackjack
I'm sorry but you statements here are hilarious. You say your friend had swirls all over and he used it for a couple of months and they dissappeared. LOL... . Swirls don't dissappear unless you are using an abrasive polish to polish them out. If any product does reduce the visibility of a swirls, it must contain fillers which is only temporary.

I'm a professional detailer and would never use this. I use ONR (optimimum no rinse) but this still requires water.

On behalf detailers worldwide, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE USE THIS.
You should speak for yourself, not on the behalf of anyone. Most people wouldn't open their mouths about something they know knothing about. You're playing yourself. I understand....something like this could hurt your business. Let me tell you I am more picky about my cars than anyone I know and I tell you this stuff is good.
Here are pics of my cars.

Old 12-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

^^ Lol. It's products like this that help my business!!! Cars looks good but do me a favor and take a closeup of the paint on the black car under a flourescent light and post it up.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:30 PM
ice350

^^ Lol. It's products like this that help my business!!! Cars looks good but do me a favor and take a closeup of the paint on the black car under a flourescent light and post it up.
I don't have a pic like that and I'm not going out of my way to get one just for you. You'll have to do what you were asking others to do....take my word for it. The difference is I have tried it and you haven't.
I hope people in your area see this cause I would never do business with someone who would make claims or put down other products without personal experience. I don't say this because I have anything against you. Honestly, I don't. I just don't trust anyone who says negatives about other products without first hand knowledge.
I don't wash cars for a living but I have been cleaning my own cars all my life. My friends cars too. My parents forced me to learn how to care for cars when I was a kid. That's 40 years of experience but I wait for personal experience before I give opinions about products.
You would be wise to do the same.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

I don't have a pic like that and I'm not going out of my way to get one just for you. You'll have to do what you were asking others to do....take my word for it. The difference is I have tried it and you haven't.
I hope people in your area see this cause I would never do business with someone who would make claims or put down other products without personal experience. I don't say this because I have anything against you. Honestly, I don't. I just don't trust anyone who says negatives about other products without first hand knowledge.
I don't wash cars for a living but I have been cleaning my own cars all my life. My friends cars too. My parents forced me to learn how to care for cars when I was a kid. That's 40 years of experience but I wait for personal experience before I give opinions about products.
You would be wise to do the same.
Fair enough. Where do you live? I'd love to try it out on your car or arrange for a detailer in your area to stop by and review the product. I have a network of detailers across the US that would be interested in using it and putting together a professional review.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:48 PM
ice350

Fair enough. Where do you live? I'd love to try it out on your car or arrange for a detailer in your area to stop by and review the product. I have a network of detailers across the US that would be interested in using it and putting together a professional review.
I live in Fort Lauderdale.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:28 PM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Blackfire Midnight Sun

don't think i'd go with anything else

Old 12-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Dan1

Ill tell you exactly whats happening. You spray that crap on, then wipe it off grinding all the dirt into the paint marring the hell out of it and swirling the finish. The extreme amount of fillers in the product hide the damage you just induced into the paint.

The pictures in your post prove absolutely nothing. For all we know both cars are covered in swirls. If you truly believe it removes swirls and scratches, then do an alcohol wipe down after applying it and post pictures with the paint in direct sunlight, or with halogens shining directly on the paint.

As for swirls just disappearing after a couple months of use, you've got to be joking. Plus that just proves my point that the product is full of fillers.

Last edited by Dan1; 12-24-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
ice350, do you sell or market this product you're recommending?
Old 12-24-2008, 08:07 PM
ice350

Ill tell you exactly whats happening. You spray that crap on, then wipe it off grinding all the dirt into the paint marring the hell out of it and swirling the finish. The extreme amount of fillers in the product hide the damage you just induced into the paint.

The pictures in your post prove absolutely nothing. For all we know both cars are covered in swirls. If you truly believe it removes swirls and scratches, then do an alcohol wipe down after applying it and post pictures with the paint in direct sunlight, or with halogens shining directly on the paint.

As for swirls just disappearing after a couple months of use, you've got to be joking. Plus that just proves my point that the product is full of fillers.
This is starting to get silly. Another jerk saying what is happening with a product he never tried.
You're wrong!
This product makes the dirt absorb right into the cloth. It's like a dirt magnet or dirt sucker. It's really amazing to watch. The cloth ends up being filthy. I've never seen anything like it. The dirt is not being rubbed into the paint. I said before that I have many years experience cleaning cars. Since I'm older than most I can say my experience is more than most. I would never use a product that rubbed dirt into the paint.
Why all the hate for this product? Are you a detailer too. That would explain it. If you're not, what's your deal?
Either try it out or shut up about it.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:11 PM
ice350

Originally Posted by Black Betty
ice350, do you sell or market this product you're recommending?
I am not a dealer. I use it and can get it for anyone who wants it but I could care less if someone wants to try it.
I just don't like anyone ragging on something they know nothing about. No matter what it is.
I'm done with this conversation.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Don@Migliore
Former Sponsor

-Ice

There are certain things that are physically impossible, that's why everyone is gunning for you. For example, one cannot remove swirls with a wash and wax. To be quite frank, it's near impossible to remove swirls by hand. It requires a machine polishing either by PC, UDM, Flex, or Rotary.

Regardless if we have tried the product of not, there are certain things that just cannot be done. It's as if you said you can fly, everyone knows it's not true.

Last edited by Don@Migliore; 12-24-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Dan1

I just know scams when I see them.

Quick Reply: Help Which Carnauba wax should I use?