Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Help Which Carnauba wax should I use?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 10:33 AM
BenDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black Betty---those are some awesome shots of a great detail-----those shots really make the paint look flawless----thanks for the pics. You have it going on for sure.
Seer, if not Dawn, then would you go to a wash, claybar, then polish to remove the wax prior to applying Sealant, or would there be another approach you would suggest to effectively and safely prepare the surface?
Old 12-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by BenDriver
Black Betty---those are some awesome shots of a great detail-----those shots really make the paint look flawless----thanks for the pics. You have it going on for sure.
Seer, if not Dawn, then would you go to a wash, claybar, then polish to remove the wax prior to applying Sealant, or would there be another approach you would suggest to effectively and safely prepare the surface?
Thanks. There are lots of little nicks and even a few scratches still visible because I drive my G daily - a lot. 34K in the first year. Notice there aren't good shots from the front?

Wash/Clay/Polish will strip all your previous wax/sealant. Some people hate using Dawn because it does dry out trim. I personally haven't had the issues some do because I don't do it often. There are milder alternatives like Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Clear that are much better because they are designed to do it safely.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Seer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BenDriver
after a good wash, wipe it down with isopropyl alcohol/water mixed 50/50 then claybar it.

That'll remove anything

Or just wash the Car with Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Clear, mixed 2.5oz of soap per 1gal of water.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Don@Migliore
Former Sponsor

BenDriver - Claying will remove most anything you have in terms of protection. Claybarring should be a included in your full detail so you don't have to worry too much about your wash.

Like Seer and Blackjack said, don't wash with Dawn. That's 1980s technology , there are a bunch of new tech washes to aid in removing any previous protection.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:56 PM
ObsidianGT

Originally Posted by Heat
I want it to look super shiney like the BO's on here.
Natty's Blue Paste Wax after a Concours Finish detail:

I dunno... but I don't think any other color can get the BO's depth, gloss and shine. It's something that only the BO can bring to the table, which I believe is why we BO owners put up with BO paint. Trust me, I also wish we could have our cake and eat it too.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Heat

I remember that car. I was trying to look it up in the albums when I started this thread. Honestly, your shine is the SHI*! It looks like it should be in a magazine. You must have spent all weekend on that one for sure.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:18 AM
dwdaewu

you should look into swissvax divine wax if money is no object for you. You will DEFINITELY get the look you've been searching for.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:21 AM
jay.diem

I've tried natty's , pinnacle souveran, and PS21S

natty's is nice for dark color ... but it is much harder to work with...I think you do get an extra week or two in longevity though

overally PS21S is still my favorite, when looking at price, ease of use, and gloss
Old 12-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Heat

Originally Posted by dwdaewu
you should look into swissvax divine wax if money is no object for you. You will DEFINITELY get the look you've been searching for.

I guess when I said money was no object, I forgot to mention that I AM NOT SPENDING $2500 ON WAX! Not unless I have a Gallardo or Bugatti sitting in the 6 car garage of my 20k sqft mansion.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:51 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Heat
I guess when I said money was no object, I forgot to mention that I AM NOT SPENDING $2500 ON WAX! Not unless I have a Gallardo or Bugatti sitting in the 6 car garage of my 20k sqft mansion.
I used both Pinnacle Sovouran & Dodo Juice Supernatural this weekend on two different G37s and loved the results with both. I think Supernatural is best suited for the Metallic colors and Pinnacle for the Reds and Blacks.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:16 AM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jay.diem
I've tried natty's , pinnacle souveran, and PS21S

natty's is nice for dark color ... but it is much harder to work with...I think you do get an extra week or two in longevity though

overally PS21S is still my favorite, when looking at price, ease of use, and gloss
First off, its P21S. Not PS21S.

Secondly, a good while back many have stated S100 and P21S are the same. The difference was that S100 was "formulated for motorcycles", but was revealed to be the same thing. They just price hiked a $15 difference for the P21S. I'm not sure if this still holds true or if they reformulated the P21S. You may want to look into it and save you some money. I personally have a can of S100 which I use as a topper to NXT 2.0...I'm pleased with the results.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Heat

Thanks for all your help guys. I decided to get the Pinnacle Souveran from Detailed Image. Since I already spend a crap ton load of money on Zaino's, I didnt think I needed to spend an extra $100 on Supernatural as it prob wouldnt make that big of a difference on a metallic car.

Of course, I havent used it yet, because technically, I havent gotten it yet. It is coming for Christmas, and my husband did a bad job at hiding it from me. He He. I cant wait to use it though. I will definitely post pics as I will prob be washing my car on Christmas or the day after.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:43 PM
Dan1

I think you will be very happy with Souveran. Its extremely easy to use and works great. It just doesnt last very long, but that shouldnt be an issue for you.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:25 AM
ice350

Try this www.ultraluster.com
You can wash and wax the car without water. Even caked on dirt comes right off leaving a showroom shine and depth. PM me and I'll tell you how to get it. It's winter, perfect product because you don't have to stick your hands in cold water.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:45 AM
Dan1

Originally Posted by ice350
Try this www.ultraluster.com
You can wash and wax the car without water. Even caked on dirt comes right off leaving a showroom shine and depth. PM me and I'll tell you how to get it. It's winter, perfect product because you don't have to stick your hands in cold water.
I just watched the video on that, TERRIBLE. You're asking for swirls and lots of marring by using that product.

Quick Reply: Help Which Carnauba wax should I use?