Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Black G37 + Dried Bird Poo + Paper towel & water :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 08:56 PM
kkokko
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vancouver, BC Canada
Old 11-24-2008, 03:06 AM
kkokko
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Blackjack
Np... You'd know it if it were through the clearcoat. You'd really feel it with a light run over with your fingernail.

I tried feeling it with my nails, but can't really.. although my nails are really short so I'm not sure.. going to call up some detailers to see what they quote me..

It's so clean and the paint looks wet but.. the scratches on the hood where the bird pooop is sooo obvious
Old 11-24-2008, 04:34 AM
kkokko
Registered Member

I was just reading this thread: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=63859

on detailing, and it talks about clearcoat thickness etc.. should I wait before getting it detailed to fix those scratches? I don't want my hoods clearcoat to be thinned out and later down the road, when I get more scratches.. i'll have to respray +_+ would it be better to just wait until i get more swirls scratches before taking it in? right now it's like 5cm diameter rds on the hood

looks something like this picture.. maybe not as deep, but i can't feel it with my skin

Last edited by kkokko; 11-24-2008 at 04:36 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:02 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
^^ If it's anything like that, you'll need Porter Cable and likely Menzerna SIP and Menzerna PO106ff.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Here is the best photo of what my bird poo etching looked like before I removed it. It had been washed at least 4 times. I even tried using a couple of different polishes and cleaners by hand with no result. I polished it out using the process I posted above. Polishing your car won't harm the clear coat, If I remember correctly Garnet Canuck who does this for a living said polishing only removes about 3 or 4 microns at most, a new car probably has about 150 microns of clear coat (someone correct me if I'm wrong) so you have no worries about "over polishing".

Old 11-24-2008, 11:33 AM
kkokko
Registered Member

wow, are those scratches near the poop from wiping it off? or just swirls?

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Here is the best photo of what my bird poo etching looked like before I removed it. It had been washed at least 4 times. I even tried using a couple of different polishes and cleaners by hand with no result. I polished it out using the process I posted above. Polishing your car won't harm the clear coat, If I remember correctly Garnet Canuck who does this for a living said polishing only removes about 3 or 4 microns at most, a new car probably has about 150 microns of clear coat (someone correct me if I'm wrong) so you have no worries about "over polishing".

Old 11-24-2008, 11:46 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by kkokko
wow, are those scratches near the poop from wiping it off? or just swirls?
No, they are from not knowing how to wash and dry my car properly before I had the know how and the proper equipment. It looks 10X worse on BO than other colors with the halogens on them. The whole car was like that. All better now.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/b4-n-afta/183634-black-betty-goes-to-the-salon.html
Old 11-27-2008, 12:51 AM
kkokko
Registered Member

So I bought some Meg Ulti Quick Detailer, and Meg Scratchx and a terry cloth applicator.

I started off by spraying the QD on the affected area then wiped it with MF cloth. I then went on an applied the ScratchX on the affected area using 5 applications rubbing with passion. After that I wiped it off with a MF cloth. The corners where there were a build up of scratchx was difficult to wipe off so i sprayed the whole hood with QD and gave it a wipe. I then put on the Klasse AIW in the affected area, i used a new applicator forgetting to make it damp first. Once I spread it around the area, i wiped it off with the MF cloth but some would not come out. Now I notice the area is more matte black hazy compared to the rest of the hood where I applied the scratchx and Klasse AIO

Last edited by kkokko; 11-27-2008 at 12:53 AM.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:34 AM
kkokko
Registered Member

Ok, I went through it again and this time damping the applicator with water and it buffed out pretty evenly =) problem solved!

Originally Posted by kkokko
So I bought some Meg Ulti Quick Detailer, and Meg Scratchx and a terry cloth applicator.

I started off by spraying the QD on the affected area then wiped it with MF cloth. I then went on an applied the ScratchX on the affected area using 5 applications rubbing with passion. After that I wiped it off with a MF cloth. The corners where there were a build up of scratchx was difficult to wipe off so i sprayed the whole hood with QD and gave it a wipe. I then put on the Klasse AIW in the affected area, i used a new applicator forgetting to make it damp first. Once I spread it around the area, i wiped it off with the MF cloth but some would not come out. Now I notice the area is more matte black hazy compared to the rest of the hood where I applied the scratchx and Klasse AIO