Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Front window chip

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 01:27 PM
VONYC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front window chip

hey guys im sure im not the only one with a front windshield chip from a rock or w.e it is ...

just happened today i was on the highway and these ****ing truckers with the back open letting rocks fly everywhere one hit my window pretty hard and chipped it ..

anyone know where or how i can fix it ? besides making a claim with the insurance..
Old 09-22-2008, 04:06 PM
aznutx

any windshield repair place. but mind you it wont totally disappear, it'll be this little dot that will annoy you to heck and back. i have one and i cant help but focus on it every so often just cus i know it's there. but gl
Old 09-22-2008, 05:57 PM
VONYC

lol damn man... i bet its so annoying but i rather have it filled in and like fixed so it doesnt get worse...

will the little dot that you see be the same as the one thats there now ? cuz mines tiny .. but still annoying and the thing thats annoying me is that when the car is all clean and nice when you look at the window instead of seeing it super nice and clean your going to see a ****ing DOT !!! =(
Old 09-22-2008, 05:59 PM
VONYC

i think what im going to do is have my friend drive fast as hell down the block and ill wait for him and like beam a big *** rock at the window and just have a claim and get a brand new window ? lol
Old 09-22-2008, 05:59 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
do you have pictures? it seems like it isn't that bad... i wouldn't mind it if it's THAT small... because really in the long run, you'll have rock chips etc on your front bumper.... it's inevitable to get these little things on you car... i realized this after a few weeks of driving... although you're as careful as hell, something is bound to happen... and yeah you'll be mad but you'll get over it... if not then it'd be super costly to keep your car in 100% perfect condition...
Old 09-22-2008, 06:01 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Insurance companies will normally take care of window chips for free as it avoids the need for them to replace a windshield if it cracks. I'd check with them.

I was driving my dads truck last year and got a good size chip that would have likely spread. Call up the insurance company and they had someone out to my house the following day.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:50 PM
VONYC

yeah ill ask the insurance to see what they can do .. my dad doesnt want to do a claim cuz then the insurance goes up lol ...

but w.e ill see what they can do ... but then again i wouldnt want my entire window replaced cuz i know the sealing will never ever be the same... but getting the chip filled youll see the mark still.. the guy i called today said it will go away like 50% or maybe even 70% but youll always have a mark =(

its tiny .. like look at the whole on your cologne bottle .. its like that big..
Old 09-22-2008, 11:00 PM
aznutx

Originally Posted by x'sG37_MIA
its tiny .. like look at the whole on your cologne bottle .. its like that big..
if it's that small, then i dont think u can make itsmaller u could try like clear nail polish to fill it in urself haha.

just throw a bowling ball at it, and claim vandalism, insurance fraud? oh yay
Old 09-22-2008, 11:53 PM
VONYC

lmao imma go to the bowling ally here in miami and walk out with a bowling ball !!! lmfao !!!

tell them ill brb ... need to take care of some business...

but na, someone told me to put clear silicon on it .. ll i dont think thats going to work lol .. oh another thing is... the chip like inside of it theres still like white stuff... does that white stuff come off cuz if it does then it wont bother me as much..
Old 09-22-2008, 11:55 PM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh man this happened to me the 3rd day i had the car, didnt really see it til i got the windshield tinted, now it catches the light and its so friggin annoying.
Its right infront of my eyes too right above the wipers. Oh well.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:18 AM
VONYC

damn i guess this happens to a lot of us... well this G is my daily driver so i would guess it was going to happen sooner or later... bro this one is on the passenger side, like in the middle lol...

its so annoying cuz now when i clean the car i used to see my windshield all nice and clean and stuff ... now i have to look at it with a white chip on it ..its goning to be so annoying ...
Old 09-23-2008, 12:20 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by x'sG37_MIA
yeah ill ask the insurance to see what they can do .. my dad doesnt want to do a claim cuz then the insurance goes up lol ...

but w.e ill see what they can do ... but then again i wouldnt want my entire window replaced cuz i know the sealing will never ever be the same... but getting the chip filled youll see the mark still.. the guy i called today said it will go away like 50% or maybe even 70% but youll always have a mark =(

Insurance won't go up. This isn't a claim. This is simply a service they provide to policy holders to prevent you (and THEM) from having to replace the whole windshield.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:34 AM
VONYC

oh.. well idk bro cuz i keep telling that to my dad n hes like no i will have to put a claim and all this crap and then pay a deductible and then when the actual windshield decides to crack one day we already used our chance to fix it and i think hes making up a bunch of ****..

but i called a place today they are only charging me 100 bucks to fill it in ... idk the guy said that there will always be a mark there .. it can be 50-80% gone but there will always be a mark..

w.e idc to tell you the truth im sure there will be more in the years to come with the car being a daily driver
Old 09-23-2008, 12:57 AM
EZDozzit
No Soliciting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
X listen up. Same thing happened to me on my old 350Z. The chip turned into a star and then it grew. Called the insurance company and they sent somebody out to replace it. Your deductible does not apply in this case. The insurance company has to replace the windshield without charging you for it. Also, your insurance premium won't go up.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:03 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

X... If you dont believe us either call your insurance company or you can PM Graham. He's an insurance guy and can tell you more than you want to know about it.

Quick Reply: Front window chip