Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Introducing Migliore: Primo /// Concouse Style Wax

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Seer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Don@Migliore
Seer,

It seems as if you have a gripe against the product, or myself? I've noticed this both here and on G35Driver. The wax does contain 50% carnauba content per jar, I don't understand how you can speculate it doesn't based on hearsay. It's not a mystery Primo is a very hard blend of wax, due to it's carnauba content. Please don't compare something you've read over the internet, or what other people say, to the fact that we actually manufacture and create wax blends.

I don't mean to come off rude, but you seem to be trying to devalue our product without any experience using it.
No, I'm trying to learn about your product, if you read some of my other posts, you'd see I've come to use some very high end products, and am always looking to acquire more. The reason why I asked about your 50% measurement, because it has been debunked by numerous amounts of wax makers, and senior chemists about the carnauba content rule. Also you would know the wax does not get its look from carnauba content, it gets its look from the various oils and silicones that are in the compound. Carnauba only relates to its "glow/warmth" and it's durability.

Example:

P21S makes a wax with 100% Carnauba content, in reality, that is true in a sense, it does not contain any other waxes by Carnauba. In a total compound though, Carnauba is only 20% of its total compound weight in liquid volume.

Zymol has many blends of waxes, that claim 60+% Carnauba content. Which is in fact true, but they also have beeswax, and candellila waxes within their compound making up the other ~40% of available wax content. But total wax content contribution has been rated between 20-30%.

I can keep going on, but most wax manufacturers will tell you, once you begin to crevice into the 30's, you will begin to get an extremely unusable, unworkable product, and if you are lucky to be able to scoop some out and use it, it will cause some horrible paint marring.

My comments on various websites are 100% validated, that its truely impossible to tell the differences between a good wax, and a bad one, through pictures on the internet, you need to see it in person. Nowhere did I say, your pictures looked bad.

Now from a consumer perspective, I think you need to be less defensive.
From a chemical perspective, saying a wax is 50% carnauba by weight is like saying it's possible for an individual to bend a steel beam with their bare hands.

Last edited by Seer; 10-09-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Don@Migliore
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Seer
No, I'm trying to learn about your product, if you read some of my other posts, you'd see I've come to use some very high end products, and am always looking to acquire more. The reason why I asked about your 50% measurement, because it has been debunked by numerous amounts of wax makers, and senior chemists about the carnauba content rule. Also you would know the wax does not get its look from carnauba content, it gets its look from the various oils and silicones that are in the compound. Carnauba only relates to its "glow/warmth" and it's durability.

Example:

P21S makes a wax with 100% Carnauba content, in reality, that is true in a sense, it does not contain any other waxes by Carnauba. In a total compound though, Carnauba is only 20% of its total compound weight in liquid volume.

Zymol has many blends of waxes, that claim 60+% Carnauba content. Which is in fact true, but they also have beeswax, and candellila waxes within their compound making up the other ~40% of available wax content. But total wax content contribution has been rated between 20-30%.

I can keep going on, but most wax manufacturers will tell you, once you begin to crevice into the 30's, you will begin to get an extremely unusable, unworkable product, and if you are lucky to be able to scoop some out and use it, it will cause some horrible paint marring.

My comments on various websites are 100% validated, that its truely impossible to tell the differences between a good wax, and a bad one, through pictures on the internet, you need to see it in person. Nowhere did I say, your pictures looked bad.

Now from a consumer perspective, I think you need to be less defensive.
From a chemical perspective, saying a wax is 50% carnauba by weight is like saying it's possible for an individual to bend a steel beam with their bare hands.
I don't really know what to tell you, Seer. It's clear you're set to believe what others have told you. You can keep stating what others have told you, and I can tell you from first hand experience. I guess you could call me a wax maker or chemist debunking their theory that you cannot implement 50% of pure carnauba. Why? Because I have. Believe me, I understand how companies measure their wax levels and concentrations, I am in the business!
Old 10-09-2008, 12:08 PM
Seer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Don@Migliore
I don't really know what to tell you, Seer. It's clear you're set to believe what others have told you. You can keep stating what others have told you, and I can tell you from first hand experience. I guess you could call me a wax maker or chemist debunking their theory that you cannot implement 50% of pure carnauba. Why? Because I have. Believe me, I understand how companies measure their wax levels and concentrations, I am in the business!
K, good luck. I'm sure your product works great.

edit: thanks for sponsoring the forum too

Last edited by Seer; 10-09-2008 at 12:13 PM.