Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

G37 paint problems?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 06:48 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by x'sG37_MIA
Ok ... so how do you take care of your paint ? cuz its either two things... Im doing something wrong or its just cuz i live in miami and not having a garage affects it.

So if you know what it is let me know so i can do something about it...

My points on my post was just to say that if u dont take care of your car then they will come back cuz someone posted earlier what can i do to take off swirls .. and i just let them know...

but i want to know your method of preventing swirls on an everyday car...

Read my reply #22. That is how. If you need full details pm/email me.
I also live in Miami and you can keep your cars paint in excellent condition if you take care of it.

I've got alot of expereince with Paint and detailing it. Use to work at The Collection in Miami as well as some Body Shops for Detailing. If its not below the surface of the Clear Coat = I can fix it period! Even below I've got some tricks for it.

So if your not spending the proper time, using the proper gear with good knowledge of how it works your just adding tothe problem.

The paint isnt that bad guys. The clear coat isnt that great I admit. But its good to go if you take care of it PERIOD!

I wont lie, I like to wax my cars once a month.

Last edited by Xcalibur; 09-17-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:25 PM
joeposter
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Xcaliper
The paint isnt that bad guys. The clear coat isnt that great I admit. But its good to go if you take care of it PERIOD!
The paint sucks...especially for a $42,000 car. I've got a lot of scratches from ice that doesn't happen to my other cars.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:46 AM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by x'sG37_MIA
Ok ... so how do you take care of your paint ? cuz its either two things... Im doing something wrong or its just cuz i live in miami and not having a garage affects it.

My points on my post was just to say that if u dont take care of your car then they will come back cuz someone posted earlier what can i do to take off swirls .. and i just let them know...

Read the threads stickied in this section as they have all of information you need to properly take care of your paint.

My G is almost two years old and it's winter driven through salt, sand, ice, etc and my paint is still in as good of shape as when I first purchased it (with the exception of a couple of rock chips on my front bumper). My paint is still in pristine shape because I know how to properly take care of it.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:53 AM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
And to all of the members here saying that Infiniti paint sucks..........

Here is a customer detail that I did back in July. It was a 328xi that was only TWO weeks old, yes only two weeks old! Take a look at the condition of paint already. So does this mean that the paint on a Bimmer sucks? No, not at all. It means that the owner was clueless as to how to properly wash and dry his car. You can cause paint imperfections on paint of ANY brand of car if it's not looked after properly.

Name:  DSC_0603.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  60.6 KB
Old 09-18-2008, 09:18 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joeposter
The paint sucks...especially for a $42,000 car. I've got a lot of scratches from ice that doesn't happen to my other cars.
You don't get better paint the higher up the cost latter you go with mass-produced cars. Yer bitchin' just to bitch. Get the self-healing clear and then bitch when it doesn't heal fast enough.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:49 AM
xtremeroller

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I have a red 08 G37 48000 miles that is garage kept, washed weekly, and waxed every 3 to 4 months. My problem is that the clear coat on both mirrors, a pillars, and the roof is seperating from the base coat. Anyone else had this problem?
Old 12-31-2013, 06:00 PM
Biggwappz

Originally Posted by Nighthawk26
I think they are just saying some colours so scratches and swirles.

White was my favorite colour, thats why I chose it. Just a plus that it doesn't show scratches as much I suppose.

I don't have the car yet so I have no experience, I'm just reading about the "problems" all over the place. I'll see for myself I suppose when I get the car.
All car get scratches on the clear coat.
Originally Posted by yakuzapop
Hello, I am new here......I just got purchased G37 6MT this morning.

I have a question!!!!!!! I read some posts that was complaining about soft paint or paint problem. whats problem with paint????? anyone can explain for me?
Some paints get sprayed on too thin so when the cars are out on the road with no sealant of OPtiCoat the sun will burn it off much quicker. maybe the paint got made wrong and its not as thick as it should be.
Originally Posted by Gday
wash your car, dry it, park it under the sun and look at all the swirls you just put into it...

Originally Posted by TerribleONE453
it chips scratches swirls extremely easy..
you probably drive behind rock trailers or Suv with no mud flaps. as far a scratches maybe the car wash you take it too use cotton towels, Cotton scratches
Originally Posted by Gday
Find a way to protect ur front bumper from rock chip and scratches. Some use the clear bra.. I on the other hand, have a lot of rock chips on my front bumper. Car barely has 4k.
clear bras are worth the investment.
Originally Posted by Roseyhebert
I also have the white but I can see the swirls in my paint. I just had body work done and they used a different clear coat and it is hard as nails. They had to repaint my hood for color blending and the new clear coat ROCKS! Wish I could get the whole car done.
Maybe cheap clear coat, or over spray. A good detail can make your car look and feel new.
Originally Posted by VONYC
our paint is just cheap as hell...

the best part is that my effin finger nail scratches my own paint...

buff the car and it will get fixed a little ... then it will come back if you dont take care of it..

your going to get swirls no matter what... even if you use 2 buckets to clean your car...
Chevy has cheap paint, the paint on Infinities are always right. the maxima and altima had cheap paint. It was Nissans 96-00 honda mistake.
Originally Posted by VONYC

those two things right there are the problem, Apply some Opti Coat when purchasing a vehicle right off the lot or get it proffessionaly detailed and then opti-coat or something similar
Originally Posted by xtremeroller
I have a red 08 G37 48000 miles that is garage kept, washed weekly, and waxed every 3 to 4 months. My problem is that the clear coat on both mirrors, a pillars, and the roof is seperating from the base coat. Anyone else had this problem?
its that they did not apply enough clear coat or bad mixture at the assembly line. anyway get it repainted then apply sealant or something stronger. Hope this helps.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:11 PM
turbo747

I've had 3x Infinitis since 2005. I think the paint on my '09 G37S was the most prone to rock chips. This was the only Infiniti to have the Scratch Shield paint. I had no issues with swirl marks from washing, just more chips on the leading edges than I am used to.