Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

getting rid of the stupid !@#$&ing dealer logo on the back of my car

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 08:48 AM
girlwithaG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
getting rid of the stupid !@#$&ing dealer logo on the back of my car

just got my car less than two weeks ago, but i TOLD the dealer to leave off that stupid sticker and they still put it on. i told my dad it was bothering me, so he takes it upon himself to go out to my car this morning and try and pry it off

i have a black car so now i have noticeable scratches and marks around that stupid !#%^ing logo and it's still on there, he didn't even get it off! i was thinking you probably have to heat it somehow and it will loosen its grip, but anyone have any ideas? and not only that, once i do manage to get it off, what should i use to get rid of those surface scratches? i never realized the paint on this car is so sensitive. my black Z4 seemed as if it could withstand a lot more.

please help!
Old 08-28-2008, 08:56 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
some polish/compound with an abbrasive should take it off. try picking up some Meguiars ScratchX from your local autostore. I'd normally recommend a Menzerna polish, however, if you are only looking to correct that one spot, ScratchX should do the trick.

Congrats on the G and Welcome!
Old 08-28-2008, 08:59 AM
wireboltman

Originally Posted by girlwithaG
just got my car less than two weeks ago, but i TOLD the dealer to leave off that stupid sticker and they still put it on. i told my dad it was bothering me, so he takes it upon himself to go out to my car this morning and try and pry it off

i have a black car so now i have noticeable scratches and marks around that stupid !#%^ing logo and it's still on there, he didn't even get it off! i was thinking you probably have to heat it somehow and it will loosen its grip, but anyone have any ideas? and not only that, once i do manage to get it off, what should i use to get rid of those surface scratches? i never realized the paint on this car is so sensitive. my black Z4 seemed as if it could withstand a lot more.

please help!
Yes. Heat works-
Slow to medium heating with a hairdryer and it'll come right off.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:00 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Goo Gone then Scratch X.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:10 AM
girlwithaG

thanks. i'll have my boyfriend look at this weekend and we'll try to do something about it. maybe i should have re-thought getting a black car but of course i thought it looked the best out of the ones on the lot and made up my mind real quick.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Nah black is the shizzit. Good choice in color just need to be careful.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:19 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

thanks. i'll have my boyfriend look at this weekend and we'll try to do something about it. maybe i should have re-thought getting a black car but of course i thought it looked the best out of the ones on the lot and made up my mind real quick.
Check out the detailing forum in more details. Good wash habits are imperative for a black car. Of course, let us know if you have any specific questions. We have quite a few professionals out here that love sharing their knowledge.

Check out Detailed Image for great deals on detailing products.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:20 AM
girlwithaG

i know, i love black, it looks so hot, but i'm worried since i'll probaly be moving within a year. i currently live in new jersey and while winters can be brutal on cars, it is garage kept at least. i'll be moving to arizona...not counting on my new condo complex having a garage. but maybe i'll try and find one that has one, but it's not going to be a main selling point if i end up liking another complex better.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:24 AM
girlwithaG

Originally Posted by Blackjack
Check out the detailing forum in more details. Good wash habits are imperative for a black car. Of course, let us know if you have any specific questions. We have quite a few professionals out here that love sharing their knowledge.

Check out Detailed Image for great deals on detailing products.
thanks, my car was a demo driven by the GM of my dealer, and i'm positive she took it through an mechanical auto wash. i'm annoyed about it, and the dealer looks like they did a $hitty job detailing. honestly i doubt they even detailed, they probably only washed it. swirl marks (maybe only i notice them) scratches on my gearshift, on my door, watermarks on the inside of my clear panel covering my dash...i'm rather pissed.

any good detailers in south jersey? thinking of spending the money to bring my car up to par, even though maybe it's not even really *that* bad...

Last edited by girlwithaG; 08-28-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

thanks, my car was a demo driven by the GM of my dealer, and i'm positive she took it through an mechanical auto wash. i'm annoyed about it, and the dealer looks like they did a $hitty job detailing. honestly i doubt they even detailed, they probably only washed it. swirl marks (maybe only i notice them) scratches on my gearshift, on my door, watermarks on the inside of my clear panel covering my dash...i'm rather pissed.

any good detailers in south jersey? thinking of spending the money to bring my car up to par, even though maybe it's not even really *that* bad...
I personally don't know any since I'm in Atlanta, but check out the following. There are normally reputable detailers on Detail Unversity. Check out this link for NJ specifically: http://www.detailuniversity.com/find...on=NJ&state=NJ