Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Clear plexiglass/acrylic (whatever it is) covering the dash...+ a few more ??s

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 10:20 AM
girlwithaG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clear plexiglass/acrylic (whatever it is) covering the dash...+ a few more ??s

Excuse my improper terminology, I am new at this and just got my G last night.

As I was driving it home from the dealership these waterspots/stains on the clear panel covering the gas gauge, odometer, etc were driving me absolutely insane. I tried to fix it but OF COURSE it has to be inside...making it extremely difficult to be able to simply wipe it away. Anyone have a solution to this? How hard would it be to get access to the inside of this thing? I wouldn't care so much but the waterspots are right smack dab in the middle of the glass and more than noticeable, even during the day.

Any help is appreciated.

Dealer did a $hitty job waxing. There's white streaks all over my rubber from the wax. Also, most people will probably tell me there's no solution to this, but my car was a demo so it's showing some wear and I want to get it back up to par. The aluminum strip in the gearshift, if this is real aluminum, scratches should buff right out, right? Or have I been misinformed? Also scratches on my door handle that are driving me nuts. Any way to fix these little imperfections?

TIA.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:31 AM
IP37

bodyshop scratched my shift **** up, i fixed that with a scotch brite pad and some sandpaper
Old 08-19-2008, 10:33 AM
girlwithaG

Originally Posted by IP37
bodyshop scratched my shift **** up, i fixed that with a scotch brite pad and some sandpaper
sweet, thank you. one down
Old 08-19-2008, 10:58 AM
IP37

Originally Posted by girlwithaG
sweet, thank you. one down
door handle should be the same way, but you'd probably have a hard time matching the finish. i'd brush the whole piece and give it a brushed aluminum look

or buy new ones. they shouldn't be much. or wait and see if the 09 g37 comes with the washi door handle pieces and order those
Old 08-19-2008, 11:10 AM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by girlwithaG
Excuse my improper terminology, I am new at this and just got my G last night.

As I was driving it home from the dealership these waterspots/stains on the clear panel covering the gas gauge, odometer, etc were driving me absolutely insane. I tried to fix it but OF COURSE it has to be inside...making it extremely difficult to be able to simply wipe it away. Anyone have a solution to this? How hard would it be to get access to the inside of this thing? I wouldn't care so much but the waterspots are right smack dab in the middle of the glass and more than noticeable, even during the day.

Any help is appreciated.

Dealer did a $hitty job waxing. There's white streaks all over my rubber from the wax. Also, most people will probably tell me there's no solution to this, but my car was a demo so it's showing some wear and I want to get it back up to par. The aluminum strip in the gearshift, if this is real aluminum, scratches should buff right out, right? Or have I been misinformed? Also scratches on my door handle that are driving me nuts. Any way to fix these little imperfections?

TIA.
Getting access to behind the instrument panel cover is usually not easy. I'd consider that a warrenty issue and have the dealer do it for free.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:15 AM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bring it back to the dealership and tell them to fix it?