Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Bird Poop

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 10:26 AM
jab23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bird Poop

So, I washed my lovely red G37 Tuesday morning and it was looking pretty good. Played golf that afternoon and came back to a car that had been shat on by a bird/terodactyl that had clearly been up until 3am drinking Budweiser product and eating Taco Bell. I have never seen so much crap in my life! Huge poop on the rear bumper, trunk, rear window, roof, and windshield. Anyway, went through a touchless wash and most of it came off.

Unfortunately, there was still some on the roof so I gently used some Windex and a cloth to get it off. I had just waxed the car last week, so I figured it would come right off. It did, but left stains. I tried a scratch remover and cleaner wax to get the stains out and they won't come out. Any suggestions? The poop was only on the car for 3 hours.

Cliffs: Bird poop on roof for 3 hours or less stains red G37. Can't get stain out with swirl remover and wax. What do I do?
Old 07-31-2008, 10:34 AM
heff

ouch brah! i left my car outside for a weekend and it got shat on all over my OB and i just washed er off and presto chango it was all good, Id recomend if u got the money go to a detailer or at least go talk to one! GL
Old 07-31-2008, 10:47 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Try a claybar followed a good polish and wax... however, bird **** can be disastrous. Acids in the **** can etch the clearcoat quickly especially if in the sun.

Post some pics of what you mean by "stains" as well.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:57 AM
jab23

Will try to get some pics. Not sure if they will show up in a picture. Going away for the weekend after work today and away for business on Monday, so I won't have a chance to try anything until next weekend!
Old 07-31-2008, 11:17 AM
SlateBlue G

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
3m compound always does the trick for me
Old 07-31-2008, 11:26 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Those darn Teradactyls are everywhere!!! lol! I was crackin up when I read that... That's what I call birds too when my car gets shat on... lol... Ya try a clay bar, then polish it and wax it... Hopefully that works for you... It usually does for me so it should for you... Only difference is that I don't use Windex to remove it initially... Get a bottle of Adam's Detail Spray to remove it... It works great and smells good too... http://www.adamspolishes.com/c-11-detail-spray.aspx
Old 07-31-2008, 11:29 AM
jab23

Yeah, I was nervous about the windex, but I 'didn't want to leave the remnants there. Unfortunately, just didn't have time to hand wash it again.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:30 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
For some reason our paint is very suceptible to damage by bird poo. I had a very small spot of it on my OB for aobut 3 or 4 hours in the baking Texas sun. Mind you I had put on 2 coats of sealant and 1 coat of wax. In that amount of time it had burned into the paint and i wasn't able to get it completely off short of spot polishing it with cutting polish and having to reseal/wax the spot. Bird crap is disastrous to our paint. Use cutting polish/finishing polish then seal the hell out of it for maximum protection forthe next time it happens.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:31 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

You should probably just get a bottle of detail spray and keep it in your trunk then... I do... Because you never know when those dam birds willl attack!!! hahaha
Old 07-31-2008, 11:37 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by gamedog
You should probably just get a bottle of detail spray and keep it in your trunk then... I do... Because you never know when those dam birds willl attack!!! hahaha
I carry around enough small bottles of various product to do a full detain in my trunk! the problem is that if you don't get it immediatley you're screwed. I had some etch the paint and the car had only been parked for 45 minutes before I came back and got it off with quick detailer.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:12 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I carry around enough small bottles of various product to do a full detain in my trunk! the problem is that if you don't get it immediatley you're screwed. I had some etch the paint and the car had only been parked for 45 minutes before I came back and got it off with quick detailer.
Ya I know, tell me about it... My Girlfriend thinks I'm crazy because I have Detail Spray, Wax, Sealant, and about a dozen MF towels in my trunk!!
Old 08-01-2008, 08:06 AM
jmark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Always carry quick detailer & a MF towel just in case!
Old 08-01-2008, 08:35 AM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackjack
Try a claybar followed a good polish and wax... however, bird **** can be disastrous. Acids in the **** can etch the clearcoat quickly especially if in the sun.

Post some pics of what you mean by "stains" as well.

+1.

My routine for bird bombs is typically

1. My QD (PB's S&W)
2. Clay
3. Polish

It's extremely rare that I have to resort to using a polish. 95% of the time, my QD will remove it completely.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:48 AM
SpecC

fun fact

bird poo evolved to be corrosive cause they used it as a weapon =/
Old 08-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by SpecC
fun fact

bird poo evolved to be corrosive cause they used it as a weapon =/
Well the pird poo around here is so acidic they could use it in chemical warfare. It is seriously damaging to the paint even if it comes off right away. Bug guts are pretty corrosive too.

Quick Reply: Bird Poop