Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Armor All problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 11:29 AM
lakers8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Armor All problem

I just bought my Ivory Pearl G a couple days ago, they detialed it and everything for me before i took it, but i have one problem. I noticed yesterday on both wheel wheels in the front and a little on the doors that there are yellow stains. I think it might be from the armor all they put on, and it doesnt even come off. I know i can take it off using other products, and the guy at the dealer said theyd take it out, but i was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, because i dont want my paint getting stained because of tire shine use.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:32 AM
GiGGaplease

just bring it back to the dealership and let them fix it. if it wont come off, tell them to get you a new rim. their fault for staining it.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
just bring it back to the dealership and let them fix it. if it wont come off, tell them to get you a new rim. their fault for staining it.
+1... Give them an opportunity to correct.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:34 AM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lakers8
I just bought my Ivory Pearl G a couple days ago, they detialed it and everything for me before i took it, but i have one problem. I noticed yesterday on both wheel wheels in the front and a little on the doors that there are yellow stains. I think it might be from the armor all they put on, and it doesnt even come off. I know i can take it off using other products, and the guy at the dealer said theyd take it out, but i was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, because i dont want my paint getting stained because of tire shine use.
most likely, the stains on the paint are from the tire shine they are using. obviously, you could pollish it to get it out, but as Gigga said, just bring it back to the dealership and ask them to take it out for you.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:49 PM
madmikeg37
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yellowish tint from armor all

Originally Posted by lakers8
I hate to tell you this, I have an IP also & unfortunatly it is the armorall/tire crap.

In the owners maual it says not to use any of these products as it will turn the painted parts yellowish.

I have had this problem there is no soultion for it.

When they do your wheels have them wipe of any excess.

There is nothing to get it off(I have a friend who runs body shop & he told me the same thing)

Our paint on the ivory peral is 3 stage & very sensative to chemicals in tire shine.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
And don't ever use Armor All, it causes far more problems than it solves. Check some of the other threads for info on products that work much better than Armor All.

I concur with everyone else, have the dealer make it right as they did the damage.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:45 PM
YeahRightFoo

I had the same problem when I first got my car. It was from the tire product that the dealership used. The yellow stains eventually came off, but it took a while. You won't be able to take it off in just one day. I just washed my car regularly once a week, and it came off in a couple of weeks. The UV light from the sun also helps break it down.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Concours Finish

Sounds like the tire gel slinged off while you drove because they put too much on it and didn't wipe it down. I would try alcohol wipedown, claybar, stoners tarminator, goo gone, or polishing.....

Last edited by Concours Finish; 07-01-2008 at 07:58 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:17 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I bought Eagle One rim cleaner and it works just fine. I use Armor All leather and all purpose wipes for the interior, no problems there either. I'll avoid the AA tire cleaners now...thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:29 PM
lakers8

well i went in today, they couldnt get it off. They said it would have to go to the infiniti body shop, if they cant fix it, with my permission they will repaint it. I dont want them to repaint it because i dont think theyll match it. If i had known this i wouldve just bought the red one or black and not have worried about this.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:36 PM
IP37

armor all ftl
Old 07-02-2008, 02:56 AM
Concours Finish

wow that really sux. I've never heard of this issue before. Do you have any pics by the way? I'd like to see what it looks like.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:11 AM
Sunny81

Armor all is garbage. Who wants a greasy film all over their dash, console, and seats.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:54 AM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
for tires, try using the maguires hot shot spray and when you apply it, dont over apply it and wipe off the old grease with a rag....i never have staining issues..wella s of right now..lol...
Old 07-02-2008, 10:01 AM
mrgoonie

I use a gel for tire shine.. works great with no slinging and stays on great.. also .. use detailed image for interior detailing... their aerospace protectant spray is the best! I hate slimy greasy armor all...

Quick Reply: Armor All problem