Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Pinnacle XMT Intermediate Swirl Remover Intro Kit??

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 09:35 PM
MoDat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pinnacle XMT Intermediate Swirl Remover Intro Kit??

Anyone have experience with this? http://www.pinnaclewax.com/pixmtinswreb.html

I have some intermediate swirl marks on my car and I dont feel like buying a PC. Anyone have experience using this kit by hand. If not..any other suggestions on how to remove swirls by hand?

thanks
Old 06-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Don@Migliore
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be completely honest, you're not going to remove many swirls without atleast an orbital. The way I look at it, you're spending a few hundred dollars for a product that will last (and be useful) for years.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MoDat
Anyone have experience with this? http://www.pinnaclewax.com/pixmtinswreb.html

I have some intermediate swirl marks on my car and I dont feel like buying a PC. Anyone have experience using this kit by hand. If not..any other suggestions on how to remove swirls by hand?

thanks
Yup... I have it and have used it before. The XMT line is optimized to be used with a machine though... XMT = Xtreme Machine Technology. Overall it's a pretty good kit. I wasn't so happy with #3 Intermediate Swirl Remover. Too much micro-marring IMO. But that's okay because then you use #2 Ultra Fine Swirl Remover and this helps get those away. After that you have the Finishing Carnuba Glaze which does an excellent job.

I think you can get just a good of a job out of using the Poorboy's Line though with the SSR Swirl Removers, the EX-P Sealant, and a Natty's Wax.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:14 AM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i've heard pinnacle is pretty good...i can vouch for poorboy's as i have used their products...but u're not gona remove any swirls buffing by hand

get urself an orbital
Old 06-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Falcon124

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I bought that kit with the PC heavy duty orbiter from http://www.autogeek.net. I needed to remove some scratches on my hood that I got during my first attempt to have 3M paint protection film put on my G. As the installer squeegeed the material on the hood, he allowed his tool to run right off the material and on onto the painted surface gouging the paint. Fortunately I hung around to watch the install and stopped the guy before he could do more damage. Anyway the products that come in the XMT Intermediate Swirl kit worked as advertised and I was able to safely remove the scrathes in the hood. As Don@Migliore has mentioned though, any product will be much more effective if used with an orbital like the PC. Oh and by the way, I did finally get the 3M paint protection film installed on my car by someone else with more experience in detailing high end cars. The installation came out looking really nice on my Black G37S.