Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Anyone from the Houston area? Need your help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 12:45 AM
lingtsui

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone from the Houston area? Need your help!

Hi. I am new to this forum...as a matter-of-fact I am new to owning a car. Right now I am planning on getting my red G buffed, waxed, conditioned etc. However I don't know how to do it and even if I did I would need to find a tent to do it under. So I am wondering if anyone knows of a good reputable detailing place in Houston. Many of the chain shops here have mixed reviews and I am the super protective/ paranoid type so I really do not want to drop my car off to anyone... I have read too many horror stories about what people do to your car at those detail shops. Any advice, suggestions, recommendations? Thanks!
Old 04-19-2008, 03:18 AM
smoothieboy
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my advice for you is to do it yourself, knowing that you can make your car look good and won't be damaged by others....look at these thread to help learn how to detail
https://www.myg37.com/forums/car-care-and-detailing/141057-detailing-and-caring-for-your-ride.html
or go here for some more info
http://www.detailedimage.com/guides.php
Old 04-19-2008, 08:15 AM
DrJones

Ok so no one start yelling or anything!

I have not taken the '37 to them yet BUT I have taken my last G and the car before that to Bubbles on Westheimer at the Galleria and had the Zymol (sp?) treatment. Its like $159.

I have never experienced any problems whatsoever and the car always looked fantastic aferwards. I would take the cars twice a year to get this done and again, I never had any issues at all.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:34 PM
lingtsui

Thank you smoothieboy and DrJones for your replies. I did think about doing it myself because I don't like other people touching my car... but I tried it before and the wax dries up too fast and too many other issues. If only I had my own garage where I can spend all day detailing the car.
DrJones ... I was told that there are a fine nice places alone Westheimer that detail the "exotic" cars.... I might just go there to see.
Thanks!
Old 04-19-2008, 11:09 PM
G35_Diva

Lingtsui: You can trust DRJ. He's really, really protective too. (more than me hehe) In fact, his wonderful little G37 does on even drive on the freeways. hehe That's how pickie he is.

Hey Dr J: I got my keyhole cover yesterday. I'm gonna try and put it on tomorrow. Wish me luck!! hehe
Old 04-20-2008, 02:28 AM
smoothieboy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by DrJones
Ok so no one start yelling or anything!

I have not taken the '37 to them yet BUT I have taken my last G and the car before that to Bubbles on Westheimer at the Galleria and had the Zymol (sp?) treatment. Its like $159.

I have never experienced any problems whatsoever and the car always looked fantastic aferwards. I would take the cars twice a year to get this done and again, I never had any issues at all.
i think i know that place you're talking about.....next to the exotic car rental place and tint shop?
you sure that's safe to go there where they use the towels over and over and over ?? my cousin brings his 35 somewhere in houston...i'll find out for you guys.

diva, welcome to the no keyhole club
Old 04-20-2008, 10:28 AM
ProstylezG37

Yeah Mr. Bubbles is good on westheimer...cross street should be between fountain view and chimney rock..check them out sometime!

where can i get that keyhole cover? and how much?
Old 04-20-2008, 10:29 AM
ProstylezG37

and where do ya be hiding? i dont ever see G37's around town when i come home to visit
Old 04-20-2008, 08:56 PM
G35_Diva

Smoothie: I knoooow... I'm so excited, I did my first mod all by myself. I was scared to death. I had blue tape everywhere. haha
The interior bulbs are next. They should be here next week.[/COLOR]

Prostyle: Here is the link and details courtesy of DR Jones: ;-)

https://www.myg37.com/forums/showthr...=175283&page=5

Page 5
Post #69

Its an 877 phone number. Ask for Cody.

The door key cover should be $24

It was great meeting you! Take care and until next time.

-Daniel
Old 04-20-2008, 11:09 PM
ProstylezG37

Originally Posted by G35_Diva
Smoothie: I knoooow... I'm so excited, I did my first mod all by myself. I was scared to death. I had blue tape everywhere. haha

Prostyle: Here is the link and details courtesy of DR Jones: ;-)

https://www.myg37.com/forums/showthr...=175283&page=5

Page 5
Post #69

Its an 877 phone number. Ask for Cody.

The door key cover should be $24

It was great meeting you! Take care and until next time.

-Daniel
Thanks DIVA
Old 04-20-2008, 11:40 PM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
+1 on doing it urself...i invested in over $300 worth of detailing stuff...used the guide in the thread posted above

altho i have taken my car to a handwash place the days i've been lazy to get the car washed only, but ill go back over the car with a towel and quick detail before i wax it myself

handwash place i go to is on hwy 6 near clay rd
Old 04-20-2008, 11:42 PM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_Diva
look at u

which bulbs did u decide to go with?? let me kno if u need any help
Old 04-21-2008, 03:21 AM
smoothieboy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ProstylezG37
and where do ya be hiding? i dont ever see G37's around town when i come home to visit
i live in college station, which is 1hr 1/2 away from houston. i'm surprise i see so many around my area (saw 2 OB the other day at h.e.b ) i know there is 2 or 3 close to where i live. *sighs* i'm not the only one anymore

[QUOTE=G35_Diva;2316225]Smoothie: I knoooow... I'm so excited, I did my first mod all by myself. I was scared to death. I had blue tape everywhere. haha

diva: sent you a pm
Old 04-22-2008, 04:00 AM
lingtsui

Smoothieboy:
Yeah I know what you mean. I felt so special when I got my red G37S back in October ... they did not have it n Houston and had to bring it in from Cali. But I just saw another one last month...also a female driver only difference is she has the chrome lip and I got the spoiler. Figure that this was gonna happen when more and more people get the car... but all that matters is I love my baby G!

G35_Div:
I got mine done a few months ago and it was exciting and scary at the same time... never thought I would "Mod" my car ...always afraid something might go wrong but I am glad I did it because I love the cleaner look.

Thanks everyone for your responses... I am glad to see so many of you in the Houston area. Maybe I have seen you on the road

DRJ I think I might give that place a try. I have also heard from somewhere that there is a place called the "Car Masseuse" on Dairy Ashford that is suppose to be pretty good. Anyone heard of that one?

Last edited by lingtsui; 04-22-2008 at 04:02 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:46 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by lingtsui
DRJ I think I might give that place a try. I have also heard from somewhere that there is a place called the "Car Masseuse" on Dairy Ashford that is suppose to be pretty good. Anyone heard of that one?
I have had a recommendation to go there also but haven't yet. I live a very long way from there, but would go in a heartbeat if they do a great job. If you do take your car there, give us a review please. Welcome to the forum and you should come to our next Houston G meet (whenever it is).

Quick Reply: Anyone from the Houston area? Need your help!