Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Clear Bra

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 02:16 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, that's a good price. California seems more expensive for clear bras...no idea why...

Average price I've heard is in the mid 5's...
Old 04-10-2008, 03:04 AM
Meltdownblitz
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Taktix1
that is a rediculously good price that also includes tints!! I paid 650 for my clearbra alone and I thought it was pretty good pricing. Got 1/3 hood, full front bumper, headlights, side mirrors, and both rocker panels/side skirts.

I agree, I got the same thing but the guy also did the edges of my doors so incase I open it up into something on accident it doesn't chip the end of my door.

Out here in Las Vegas it costed me 700 to do the clearbra, I thought that was cheap. It is the cheapest probably out here doing good work. Maybe the price is a little higher out here because its a desert and theres tons of rocks everywhere. I called around and everyone here is trying to charge 700-900 for the same thing, whole hood and whole rocker panels, etc. (pretty much the whole quarter front of your car) is going for I think 1300-1600 out here. Way expensive but I guess its worth it being a paint job will cost close as much.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:12 AM
jdmalltheway

I got mine done from premier - www.premiermobilegroup.com - excellent work and service. They even gave me a ride to a mall so I could hang out for several hrs.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Boxxman

Well I got my car done today and I have to say it looks great. I got 20% in the rear window and 45% on the sides + the clear bra. The place I went cuts the film custom to the car (not a pre-cut kit) and I can hardly tell its there. There is a small bubble that I am told is a moisture bubble and should disappear with a few warm days here as it drys. If not they said they'd fit it. Lifetime warranty on the tint and 7 years on the clear bra. $600 out the door.

I'll post pics this weekend once I have a chance to wash my car.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Boxxman
Well I got my car done today and I have to say it looks great. I got 20% in the rear window and 45% on the sides + the clear bra. The place I went cuts the film custom to the car (not a pre-cut kit) and I can hardly tell its there. There is a small bubble that I am told is a moisture bubble and should disappear with a few warm days here as it drys. If not they said they'd fit it. Lifetime warranty on the tint and 7 years on the clear bra. $600 out the door.

I'll post pics this weekend once I have a chance to wash my car.
Yup. Moisture bubbles are typical for a few days. Don't be surpised if start to notice a few more. They will go away. DON'T POKE THEM. No touchy touchy!
Old 04-14-2008, 09:29 PM
Boxxman

Originally Posted by Blackjack
Yup. Moisture bubbles are typical for a few days. Don't be surpised if start to notice a few more. They will go away. DON'T POKE THEM. No touchy touchy!
Thanks for that info, it gives me a sigh of relief (for now).

Has anyone got the clear bra to cover the whole hood? Since my guy cut it custom I wish I would have had him do the whole hood to avoid the line (which is still barely noticable) and get full hood protection.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:05 AM
Acheron

Anyone happen to know a good installer in the Bay Area CA? I'm in the San Jose area and just got my G37S...but I couldn't find any installers online.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:46 AM
smoothieboy
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for that info, it gives me a sigh of relief (for now).

Has anyone got the clear bra to cover the whole hood? Since my guy cut it custom I wish I would have had him do the whole hood to avoid the line (which is still barely noticable) and get full hood protection.
i asked the guy that did my clear bra and he said it cost $1000 just for the film
Old 04-16-2008, 11:37 AM
Boxxman

That may be because they are using film pre-cut kits. This guy cuts his own and he does all the work himself (with is partner) so their overhead seems pretty low, basically just garage/building rent.

I'll have pics up by this weekend to show you all and you can see if its the quality you are looking for.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:41 AM
smoothieboy
Registered Member

i know the guy and his shop have a huge roll and they just use the computer to print out whatever car you got, plus they do it for the exotic dealerships and others

but, if you can get it for cheap.. i say do it my friend
Old 04-27-2008, 01:51 AM
ObsidianGT

That may be because they are using film pre-cut kits. This guy cuts his own and he does all the work himself (with is partner) so their overhead seems pretty low, basically just garage/building rent.

I'll have pics up by this weekend to show you all and you can see if its the quality you are looking for.
I can't wait to see. I have the Black/Graphite, too.

I just got my G last week so I'm in no major hurry, but I'd like to get it done ASAP.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:31 PM
G35_Diva

OB GT: The sooner the better. You're gonna be pissed if you have to put the clear bra over a rock chips or blemishes. ;-)
Old 04-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Boxxman

Finally here are my pics of the clear bra and tint. I had it done a few weeks ago but it was too dirty to take pictures of.

Tint is 20% on the rear, 45% on the sides (including the driver/passenger side).

The clear bra is there, its just hard to see unless the sun hits it at the right angle (see last picture). That's the idea though, it's invisible!

Old 05-01-2008, 12:53 AM
Acheron

Very nice....it's pretty much invisible. I couldn't tell there was one on there except the last one like you mentioned. Did you wax over it yet? If so, was it any different than waxing over normal sections?

I'm getting a clear bra installed this friday on my Blue Slate G37S...I'll try to post up pics too if anyone is interested in seeing how it looks on that color.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:53 AM
Boxxman

Originally Posted by Acheron
Very nice....it's pretty much invisible. I couldn't tell there was one on there except the last one like you mentioned. Did you wax over it yet? If so, was it any different than waxing over normal sections?

I'm getting a clear bra installed this friday on my Blue Slate G37S...I'll try to post up pics too if anyone is interested in seeing how it looks on that color.
The only washing I've done has been the touchless washes myself. Since my car is less than a month old I haven't wax it yet. They did tell me to wax it though when I do the rest of the car.

Quick Reply: Clear Bra