Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

How do you wash your black G??

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 04:05 PM
xref

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yup, black is VERY HARD to maintain. but it's the sexiest color for the g. at first, i had my mind set on the ivory pearl, but when i saw the black one, oh man, it was love at first sight.

i did a full car polish like a month ago to get rid of all the swirl marks. if you want to avoid swirls, you have to learn how to wash the car. regular waxing helps too.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:56 AM
Former USMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Degenerazn
I swear, everytime I wash my G, I see more and more swirls and light scratches. I seriously can't believe how soft this paint is. I set a DVD case on the roof for a minute, took it off and it was scratched. How do you guys wash yours? And what specific materials do you use? Is a high powered hose required to wash off the dirt beforehand? Will wax only cover up the scratches? Will it help prevent it?
Greetings,

This technique may help; especially with black cars. Spray off as much dirt, dust and grime as possible. Spray from front to rear; the same direction the air travels over your car. Second, wash (we will assume you are using a clean mit and good auto soap) from front to rear, again, similar to the wind. Third, rinse in the same direction. Fourth, spray a little "spray wax" on the wet car. Fifth, dry with soft clean cotton or microfiber towels. Be aware that some cotton towels have polyester (sic) threads that may scratch your paint. And finally, fine hand polish and wax will help to restore the oringinal luster.

I prefer to apply the polish and wax by hand and remove the same way...and, small sections at a time.

Everyone knows, black colored cars are the most challenging.

I like Griot Gargage's products.i.e., wax, polish, wheel cleaner, towels, etc.

Semper Fi
Old 03-27-2008, 01:46 PM
$teveNG37
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fck all that lol jk but i just tried this go to a 1 dollar car wash place with a touchless car wash next to it go to the 1 dollar car wash place presoak your car then with the high pressure hose lightly from a distance remove the soap to get the little dirt pieces off your car then take your car to the touchless car wash bring a california jelly after taking most of the water off your car get the leaf blower out of your trunk and dry the s.o.b then get microfiber cloths and do the door sils and all that bs. wax and be happy you didnt spnd all that time hand washing and thinking that there might be dirt on the car still and that your rubbing it in the paint with your 45 dollar sheep skin mitt or whatever.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:00 PM
JCruz035

I use the meguiar Ultimate Detailer in between waxes. It's about 10 bucks a bottle. Very good investment. I just don't know what to use on the leather. I don't want anything with a strong odor or left over residue. I just need something that keeps it looking new. any suggestions?
Old 05-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JCruz035
I use the meguiar Ultimate Detailer in between waxes. It's about 10 bucks a bottle. Very good investment. I just don't know what to use on the leather. I don't want anything with a strong odor or left over residue. I just need something that keeps it looking new. any suggestions?
I would recommend one of 2 things for your leather:

1) Zaino Leather in a Bottle

or

2) Lexol Leather Cleaner & Lexol Leather Conditioner

I personally use Lexol products and have had excellent results. Normally you can get it as PepBoys or sometimes I've seen it other auto care shops like Advance Auto Parts.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:14 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Check out www.detailuniversity.com
Old 05-20-2008, 09:10 PM
ddominator1

I got that xenion clearcoat treatment ($630) at dealership bf purchase. supposed to hide swirles better and app never have to wax again.. . washed it 2 days later and left streaks on hood. wont come out aftere rubbing till my elbows hurt. and Ihave to take it back tomorrow for re-touch. Have an of you you heard of that or did i get scammed?? true..black clearcoat is really soft!
Old 05-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Degenerazn

Originally Posted by ddominator1
I got that xenion clearcoat treatment ($630) at dealership bf purchase. supposed to hide swirles better and app never have to wax again.. . washed it 2 days later and left streaks on hood. wont come out aftere rubbing till my elbows hurt. and Ihave to take it back tomorrow for re-touch. Have an of you you heard of that or did i get scammed?? true..black clearcoat is really soft!
Anything you get thru the dealership, you get scammed. Truth
Old 05-21-2008, 06:27 AM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^+1. Unfortunately ddominator1, you wasted your money with the package at that dealership.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:26 AM
ddominator1

thought so... live and learn i guess!
Old 05-21-2008, 12:12 PM
G35Tuning

Originally Posted by ddominator1
That really sux...I hate that dealerships rip people off like that...
Old 05-21-2008, 12:30 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
That sux bro... I use De-Ionized water to wash my car... Spray it down, soap it up, Rinse it off... Leaves absolutely ZERO water spots...
Old 05-21-2008, 12:31 PM
ddominator1

Cool

Yeah.. car MSRP w. nav came out to little over 43k. By the time you pay taxes, tag, title, extend warr, and BS xelion treatment i'm financing close to 50K. Hooked up with 3.9% financing whiched helped though... Have to talk with my dealer about scammin me..
Old 05-21-2008, 12:47 PM
ddominator1

will try that...thanx
Old 05-21-2008, 01:03 PM
xeddyboi420x

i got mine 41K OTD w/ Prem and Nav...

Quick Reply: How do you wash your black G??