Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Can't wash my G! Mandatory water restrictions

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 06:32 PM
carman63

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chocoholic
There's a coin-op wash in Sterling that's closest to me. But using your own buckets or other equipment isn't allowed. It's open 24/7, but I found out there's no one closely monitoring what people do after 7:30 pm until 7:30 am. So I think I can go at night and I'll be left in peace. If the place is open 24/7, I presume the bays and area has to be well lit. Bummer to have to do it at night. I hope to go tomorrow, so we'll see.

I bought my car at Chantilly as well. I'm leery of having them was it, though. I picked up the car in pouring rain so I couldn't see that it had some swirl scratches in the clearcoat from the dealer wash. Not a ton, but noticeable mainly on the hood. I got rid of them after claying, polishing & detailing my car myself, but I don't want them washing it again.

Does anyone know if those completely brushless auto washes are ok on the car? Absolutely nothing ever touches the car. I've been hesitant even about those but don't know if there's reason to be. Thoughts??
I don't know what the 'bucket' policy is at the nearby coin-op wash. I take a bucket, hand wash, and go about my business.

Sorry to hear about your experience at Chantilly. I'll have to be careful taking it there then.

The totally touchless ones might be okay, as long as you have no road grime or other built-up dirt on. My experience is, unless it's dust or light dirt, you'll need to use a mitt or something on the car.

If the weather holds, I'll be claying/waxing tomorrow.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:56 PM
chocoholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Successfully washed car on Sunday using the coin op water only and bringing my own buckets, soap, etc. I must be nuts, but I got there by 6:20 am Sunday in order to get it all done before the bucket-booting manager arrived at 7:30 am. I was also extremely careful not to spay the car directly or even closeup with the high pressure water. It was all a bit of a pain in the ***, but at least it worked. Next up, I'm ordering some ONR as my other option.