Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Ask a Professional Detailer... Brought to you by Detailed Image

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 10:24 PM
37latezzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cool will def look into it
Old 02-08-2011, 10:35 AM
maxximase
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by maxximase
Does anyone here have experience using Brown Royal wheel cleaner?

It's reported to be as close to a no-scrub wheel cleaner as you can get. There are several convincing videos on youtube as well.
Update:

I bought some of this and have used it a few times now. There's no question that if I had a pressure washer, this would be a no-scrub cleaner.

Just using my regular hose with as much pressure as I can get from the nozzle removes about 90% of the dirt from the wheels (spray this on and let it sit about 30 seconds) -- even when covered in brake dust. I just go over the wheel with a sponge and soapy water to remove what little is left -- certainly no scrubbing necessary.

I used to use Simple Green, which got the job done, but required scrubbing to remove brake dust.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:11 PM
XanalogX

What do you recommend to clean the dash?
Old 02-16-2011, 08:54 AM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts
If you want something that just cleans (no protection) the 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover is my product of choice. It's a very gentle yet highly effective cleaner I can use all over the interior. I use it on vinyl, plastic, rubber and fabrics. Just mist it on a microfiber towel (i.e. DI Microfiber All Purpose Towel) and wipe the desired areas including the: dashboard, doors, console, arm rests, trim, carpets, mats, etc. This product leaves no residue behind. It is easily my go to product to have around for the interior. I also use it to spot treat stains on clothing or carpets around my home.

If you want an interior cleaner that can clean and leave protection behind try the Einszett 1Z Cockpit Premium. This product will clean and leave behind a coating of UV protection that is completely matte. There is NO greasy or oily film left behind. Use it on the dashboard, doors, console, arm rests, trim pieces, etc.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Greg @ DI
Old 02-16-2011, 08:59 AM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Hey Greg.. I tried PMing you before but its not working...?? Anyways, I was placing an order of the Chemical Guys Citrus Wash that's on sale as well as the P21S Degreaser because my car is UBER dirty after the winter. I wanted to know what's best to apply the soap with, a sheepskin mitt or microfiber towels? I was going to directly put the shampoo on the mitt/towel and just apply it on the car. Let me know asap man .. thanks
Old 02-16-2011, 09:30 AM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Originally Posted by JohnnysG
Hey Greg.. I tried PMing you before but its not working...?? Anyways, I was placing an order of the Chemical Guys Citrus Wash that's on sale as well as the P21S Degreaser because my car is UBER dirty after the winter. I wanted to know what's best to apply the soap with, a sheepskin mitt or microfiber towels? I was going to directly put the shampoo on the mitt/towel and just apply it on the car. Let me know asap man .. thanks
Edit: Not sure how it happened but for some reason it only allowed friends to contact me. I changed the setting so you should be all set. Also for fastest response you can always send me an e-mail (address is in my sig).

Just to confirm the Chemical Guys Citrus Wash is not on sale it's the Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss that is on sale this month, just want to make sure you get the one you wanted. Both are excellent and are similar products but only one is on sale right now.

I generally don't use microfiber towels for washing I would prefer either the DI Accessories Sheepskin Wash Mitt or the Lake Country Blue Grout Sponge. Both of them are paint safe and highly effective. As for the application method I think you would still want to pour the shampoo in a bucket with water and mix them together. Just applying shampoo to a mitt and wiping would not be ideal, but I may have misunderstood your process. Check out our detailing guide for washing and drying instructions, or check out our Ask a Pro Blog section where we have two brand new winter washing articles. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited by Detailed Image; 02-16-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Poe408

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what is your recommendation for maintaining your car's leather? is there a conditioner your recommend? or sun protection?
Old 02-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Jamler

Originally Posted by Poe408
what is your recommendation for maintaining your car's leather? is there a conditioner your recommend? or sun protection?
I used this last Summer and still have better than half a bottle left.
Poorboy's World Natural Look - 16 oz | Detailed Image
Leaves leather soft but not shiny. I liberally apply, it goes on nicely
and really treats the leather well. Leaves a nice aroma for a few days.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

The Leatherique Prestine Clean and Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil is my favorite combination. They can deep clean the leather while helping to preserve it for years to come. Best of all the Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil is on sale this month so it's a great time to stock up.

If you prefer a one step process or something more affordable the Poorboy's World Natural Look is a great choice as well. Save 10% off with the coupon code 10offg37. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Poe408

what is the difference between applying a wax or sealant by hand vs. machine? when would you recommend hand application and when would you recommend using a machine to do it? is there a certain device you would recommend for applying sealant or wax?
Old 02-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

what is the difference between applying a wax or sealant by hand vs. machine? when would you recommend hand application and when would you recommend using a machine to do it? is there a certain device you would recommend for applying sealant or wax?
If you apply a wax or sealant with no cleaning properties there is no big differences. However if you use an All In One (AIO) product a buffer is more helpful because there is some polish and sealant or polish and wax in them. I highly recommend a buffer with AIO type products but it's not necessary. Back to traditional sealant and waxes the differences I notice is a buffer can help spread the product very thin and even compared to hand applications and in less time. However hand applications can often get in to those tough to reach areas. Neither is perfect and again there is not a huge difference. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Greg
Old 02-25-2011, 06:46 PM
Poe408

thanks for all the advice, greg. just placed an order for some leatherique, clay bars, and some accessories.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:18 PM
kchu221
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
im thinking about getting the leatherique prestine clean and the rejuvenator oil but since my car is a daily driver, i need the car usually the whole day, so is leaving my car for 24 hours for the rejuvenator oil to seek in really necessary?? or is there any faster way i can do that?? thank you!
Old 02-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

thanks for all the advice, greg. just placed an order for some leatherique, clay bars, and some accessories.
THANK YOU!

Originally Posted by kchu221
im thinking about getting the leatherique prestine clean and the rejuvenator oil but since my car is a daily driver, i need the car usually the whole day, so is leaving my car for 24 hours for the rejuvenator oil to seek in really necessary?? or is there any faster way i can do that?? thank you!
The 24hr process of baking it in works great, however you don't have to use this method. The formula still works great if you let it sit for at least 15 minutes or even a couple of hours would work. If you can apply it right when you get home from work and remove it the next day or later that evening I think you'll love the results. Again don't delay the Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil is on sale through 2/28 plus we have $2.99 s/h and 10% off (excludes sale items) on purchases made before 2/28 that are over $50, with coupon code MarFlat.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:19 PM
blakej

Hey Greg,

I've got a new 2011 G37 and I'm wondering what the best maintenance/preventive care is for the leather seats. I saw your post about leatherique rejuvinator and pristine clean - but are either of these good for keeping new seats maintained? I'm trying to keep the seats from forming creases as much as possible.

Also, what about maintaining the vinyl? Years ago on my previous car I used armor all, but that seemed to leave it oily and made it hold dust. Is there a better recommendation for the G? Is it needed/beneficial at all?

Last, the G owners manual says not to use any tire dressing because it could react with the tire manufacturer's coating - but if one is used, make sure it isn't oil based. Any recommendations on a good one to shine them up without adverse reactions?

-Blake

Quick Reply: Ask a Professional Detailer... Brought to you by Detailed Image