Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Ask a Professional Detailer... Brought to you by Detailed Image

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by shiroda
George,

Thanks for the input - I just ordered some additional pads and other miscellaneous goodies. Assuming we don't get snow, I'll start this weekend and let you know how things go.
Thanks for the support

Looking forward to hearing about your results.

George
Old 04-23-2009, 02:34 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by shiroda
The seat in your picture looks EXACTLY like my car. Let me know how the Rejuvenator Oil works. I soaked mine with some Luxol conditioner and it only improved it a little.
I did what George said and put a damp cloth over the area and put it in the sun. About 50% of the cracks disappeard. Only the larger ones are still there.

I ordred a bunch of products from DI, I will let you know how the rejuvinator oil turns out.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
I did what George said and put a damp cloth over the area and put it in the sun. About 50% of the cracks disappeard. Only the larger ones are still there.

I ordred a bunch of products from DI, I will let you know how the rejuvinator oil turns out.
Glad to hear the cloth trick worked for you. You can keep doing that along with conditioning your leather and can restore it pretty good. Unfortunately some of the cracks may be too deep to repair though.

Greatly appreciate your support

Enjoy your weekend!

George
Old 04-24-2009, 02:41 PM
pfizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it good get my car waxed more then once a month?
Old 04-27-2009, 07:59 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Well today I tried out the Rejuvenator Oil. I just rubbed in in, let it sit for about 5 minutes, then cleaned the leather. Very simple process. It made the majority of them smaller cracks vanish and reduced the visibility of the larger ones slightly. Overall just made the leather look blacker and didn't leave some ugly shine. Pretty impressed overall.

Before
Name:  IMG_0093.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  190.9 KB

10 Minutes later
Name:  IMG_0096.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  68.2 KB
Old 04-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Wow not bad.

My seats look your "Afters" do right now minus the cracks. All I have are wrinkles. Maybe after some of this stuff it will make the wrinkles less noticable.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:43 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Well today I tried out the Rejuvenator Oil. I just rubbed in in, let it sit for about 5 minutes, then cleaned the leather. Very simple process. It made the majority of them smaller cracks vanish and reduced the visibility of the larger ones slightly. Overall just made the leather look blacker and didn't leave some ugly shine. Pretty impressed overall.
Follow this to try to take your results even further. Place a damp cloth over your bolster and let it sit in the sun. This can help tighten the leather and reduce some of the cracks even more. Then reapply the Rejuvenator Oil and let it sit for up to 24 hours in direct sunlight if possible. The combination of time and heat will make your results even better than the quick 10 minutes.

Worth a shot, I think you can reduce the marks even more.

Let me know if you give it a shot. Thanks for sharing your results!

George
Old 04-29-2009, 10:04 PM
g37mt6

Hi George, I just wash my mf towel with tide and it has color bleach in it. (just found out that you can only use Tide free) I did used the towel with the quick detailer spray and i noticed that the paint becomes really dry so i quickly washed my car again and used prewax to clean it out. My question is can the residue from the bleach damage the clear coat on the car?
Old 05-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Originally Posted by g37mt6
Hi George, I just wash my mf towel with tide and it has color bleach in it. (just found out that you can only use Tide free) I did used the towel with the quick detailer spray and i noticed that the paint becomes really dry so i quickly washed my car again and used prewax to clean it out. My question is can the residue from the bleach damage the clear coat on the car?
You should be fine, especially if you took care of the situation as fast as you did. I don't know if it'd have any long term effects on the clear coat if you didn't care for it or continued to use that type of detergent on your towels. If I had to guess, the damages would be pretty slim because I'm sure it'd be more known as a detailing No-No to use products with bleach in it.

To clean out the towels, you can use some distilled white vinegar during the rinse phase of your wash. You can also boil your towels to really release any coating on the fibers and restore your towels as well.

George
Old 05-03-2009, 02:23 AM
g37mt6

Thank you sir!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
My friend came over the other day to help clean up my cars for an upcoming car show. He had this DP stuff that he could mix in different concentrations. We used it to wipe down the cars which were freshly detailed but covered in dust and a little dirt. The stuff was better than any quick detailer I have. Do you have anything like that?
Old 05-03-2009, 05:46 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties
My friend came over the other day to help clean up my cars for an upcoming car show. He had this DP stuff that he could mix in different concentrations. We used it to wipe down the cars which were freshly detailed but covered in dust and a little dirt. The stuff was better than any quick detailer I have. Do you have anything like that?
I just bought some Chemical Guys Speed Wipe two weeks ago. Very easy to apply and remove, doesn't streak, smells great and enhances the depth and gloss. It also has some anti-static properties which helps minimize dust build up.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:42 PM
brynomon

Originally Posted by Detailed Image
Glad to hear the cloth trick worked for you. You can keep doing that along with conditioning your leather and can restore it pretty good. Unfortunately some of the cracks may be too deep to repair though.

Greatly appreciate your support

Enjoy your weekend!

George
George, I'm experiencing the same cracking as others here. Is there anything I can do other than conditioning the leather tons to avoid this?
Old 05-04-2009, 02:01 PM
KLB

George. I wanted to thank you for your help. My lazy old self put the Optimum All-in-One and Wax to use this past weekend and all I can say is WOW! It looked better than the day I picked it up.

I'm sure I will be back for more stuff later. The wife is already asking about her truck, and I find I need a lot more MF towels.

Thanks again for the help.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Originally Posted by g37mt6
Thank you sir!!!
Anytime, let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties
There are lots of good QD's out there. As WhosUrBuddiee mentioned Chemical Guys Speed Wipe is a great option. Very easy to use, doesn't streak and leaves behind a slick glossy surface. The QD I've been playing with and have been extremely happy with is the Optimum Instant Detailer (OID). The 32oz and 128oz sizes are concentrated so you can dilute to your desired level, like the DP. I don't think you'd be disappointed with either of those. If you liked the DP one, no harm in getting something you know you like either.

I just bought some Chemical Guys Speed Wipe two weeks ago. Very easy to apply and remove, doesn't streak, smells great and enhances the depth and gloss. It also has some anti-static properties which helps minimize dust build up.
Thanks for the recommendation

Originally Posted by brynomon
George, I'm experiencing the same cracking as others here. Is there anything I can do other than conditioning the leather tons to avoid this?
Regular maintenance and always making sure there is some UV protection on your leather is the best way to prevent the cracking. Also, being cautious on how you enter the vehicle and not sitting directly onto the bolsters helps a lot. If you want a simple 1 step product, consider Poorboy's Leather Stuff.

Originally Posted by KLB
George. I wanted to thank you for your help. My lazy old self put the Optimum All-in-One and Wax to use this past weekend and all I can say is WOW! It looked better than the day I picked it up.

I'm sure I will be back for more stuff later. The wife is already asking about her truck, and I find I need a lot more MF towels.

Thanks again for the help.
Glad to hear the products performed to your expectations. If there's anything else I can help with, let me know.

Thank again for your support.

George

Quick Reply: Ask a Professional Detailer... Brought to you by Detailed Image