Canada Serving Canada.

For cold air Intake: what's better dry or oiled filters?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 02:23 PM
perez519

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
dont get short ram, waste of money i think. Stillen gen3 is the best way, I made 323whp just from Gen3/FI R-test pipe/Stillen STD pulley. Thats from dynapak with Uprev tune.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:42 PM
Dirty ol Dog

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I am looking at the CAI's too. I am leaning towards oil. I will for sure get the longest tubes available though. I have spent all kinds of time and money in the last 35 years on air filters and intakes. I'm not totally sold on any one particular vendor, and I am close to knocking out a set by myself. They are not rocket science, sure Kenny and Norm use computers and **** like that today and what they claim is most likely true. But they started making filters at home, to keep dust and dirt outta their mud monsters. I just think it's like all the rest of advertising, the first one to mention it claims it. Like "cold filtered beer" all beer is cold filtered, but brand X claimed first or the newest one I saw the other day " hand rolled dough" for a pizza company correct me if I'm wrong but isn't all pizza dough rolled by hand? there is no machine at the local pizza joint that rolls out the dough....lol Cookie's been doin it by hand for years.

I think if you plan to race your car in a dusty dirty gravel road, then by all means, oil it up. If you just want a better sound and don't G.A.S. about 10 or 15 hp go with the shorties. You wont lose any performance, but you don't gain any either you just get the sound. Like flipping the breather cover on that old 350 chevy. If you go and spend the bux for the Gen3 or the like you'll get a bit of performance and a bit of sound and a better filter oiled or dry. I will do the dry filter, but that's my choice because I have no plans to race around in the dirt. As for the 50,000 mile cleaning, who the hell could wait that long? We all come to these forums because we are just short of compulsive's when it come to our cars. I would bet my allowance money most peeps out there in forum land don't even wait 10,000 miles to clean that filter. It gets a look every time the oil is changed. And if you're cheap like me the dirty old lawn mower gets 5000k full synthetic oil every 5000k too. lol

Last edited by Dirty ol Dog; 08-27-2014 at 12:08 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:07 AM
Dirty ol Dog

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I usually use a hair dryer to dry my oil filter. Takes 10 minutes oy so.
I would get the oiled one it . When you oil it just dab it with the oil container every 20mm and let it spread out.
cheers