Canada Serving Canada.

This is what a service tech does after an oil change

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 11:54 PM
KennyG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is what a service tech does after an oil change

Before hand the key back to me, without my authorization.

Dealership: Alta Infiniti

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kL5PLWdZnZ0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

-----------------
UPDATE:

The service manager called me, first he claimed this was a regular test drive, and he doesn't see much of an issue. I brought up the excessive speed of 100km/hr on the side street, hard revving and clutch riding. Then he doubted me on the speed and defending his tech, he even tried to claim the gps speed is not accurate. After couple of back and forth, he tones down when I told him I will even bring the footage on my laptop to the dealership and show him the speed.

Eventually he becomes more apologetic (I think after I told them I posted it on forums) and admits they were wrong for not respecting customer's property and wants to keep my business by offering me a synthetic oil change, show me the "proper way" on how its done and won't have the same tech to work on my car again. Then he asked me if I want a full detailing instead of the oil change.

Well, because they are apologetic (after some arguments), he said the same tech will no longer work on my car, will not bring my car for a spin, and I believe everyone deserves a 2nd chance to make things right, I decided to accept their offer.

So this is the update and thank you guys for your valuable opinions.

Last edited by KennyG37S; 12-05-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Sython

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would definitely show the dealer this video and ask them how they are going to rectify this situation.

BTW, how did you hide the camera in the car???
Old 12-01-2012, 12:59 AM
Tonyq
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow that sucks man, i would agree with sython and give the dealer a call! glad you had a dash cam installed.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:08 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
WTF!! They better have a good explanation for this.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:21 AM
HP_John

I am severely disappointed that this is Alta Infiniti, considering on numerous occasions I've mentioned on this forum that they've always treated me well there. Wow
Old 12-01-2012, 03:39 AM
awais
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I am surprised at Alta Infiniti. It's supposed to be one of more reputable dealerships in the GTA.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:35 AM
Atlbrav1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Op, not sure what the issue is. Maybe I missed something in the video. Doesn't look like whoever is driving is doing anything wrong. Besides maybe a short test drive to make sure everything runs well and no check engine lights come on... I was expecting a burnout, or maybe a trip through a fast food drive thru. Heck, they even used the turn signal... Lol. If there is a specific issue to which you are referring, post up the time stamp to watch for....
Old 12-01-2012, 10:56 AM
KennyG37S

Originally Posted by Sython
I would definitely show the dealer this video and ask them how they are going to rectify this situation.

BTW, how did you hide the camera in the car???
I have a dashcam installed in the car so it starts recording as the car turns on

Originally Posted by HP_John
I am severely disappointed that this is Alta Infiniti, considering on numerous occasions I've mentioned on this forum that they've always treated me well there. Wow
I didn't expect this either. Also I wouldn't know if i didn't have the dashcam installed.

Originally Posted by Atlbrav1
Op, not sure what the issue is. Maybe I missed something in the video. Doesn't look like whoever is driving is doing anything wrong. Besides maybe a short test drive to make sure everything runs well and no check engine lights come on... I was expecting a burnout, or maybe a trip through a fast food drive thru. Heck, they even used the turn signal... Lol. If there is a specific issue to which you are referring, post up the time stamp to watch for....
I didnt expect him to drive this hard on the car, approaching 100km/h at one point at the small street, hard downshift and high revving. It doesn't look like a normal thing after just a routine oil change.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:57 AM
KennyG37S

I already sent this video to their manager and wait for their explanation.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:11 AM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Your dash cam records the speed of the vehicle as well? This is why I rarely have anyone work on my car. Just can't trust it when there are techs out there who will joy ride.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:11 AM
ECain18

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I thought I heard some tire bouncing in the video towards the end when he is driving it very hard. Sad to hear and good luck with this
Old 12-01-2012, 11:22 AM
KennyG37S

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
Your dash cam records the speed of the vehicle as well? This is why I rarely have anyone work on my car. Just can't trust it when there are techs out there who will joy ride.
yeah the dashcam has a built in gps so it records speed and location, as well as updated timestamp from satellite
Old 12-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Doc750

I used to do that back in college when I sold cars.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:54 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Reminds me of the video that went viral of the redneck chevy tech that beat the crap out of a customer's camaro. Then tried to scam the cust and chevy for payment for a new clutch.

In the end, the dealership ended up buying the car from the cust.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:15 AM
daicon0

That's pretty reckless for an oil change. Good thing for the dash cam. I bet you they don't pull that hard for suspension/engine problems.

Quick Reply: This is what a service tech does after an oil change