Canada Serving Canada.

This is what a service tech does after an oil change

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 10:08 AM
Ontario G37S
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
You have all the luck Kenny

I heard several wheel hops on the homestretch as well. I would be pissed, but at the same time I would be honoured that the tech would want to take my G out for a spin....at least ask first.

That's why I prefer to do most work on the G myself. The only 2 things I had to take mine to the dealer was to update my navigation to the newest maps and program/key cut a second fob (god I love the memory feature for different fobs). Even then, I watched my G very closely in the garage as they worked on it.

For the love of god, don't let them detail your car!!!! Just get the free oil change. Leave the detail to the professionals.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:08 AM
ZSpeedPerformance
Former Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Not right but it happens at almost every dealership/shop. Nice car comes in, the tech making $3.00 on an oil change wishing it was his car and just wants to see what it's like to drive such a fine car.

I'd say he was being nice to it compared to what could have been done , hopefully the tech didn't get fired over it. Being a tech at a dealership is a terrible job anymore, trust me, I did it for 20+ years before going on my own.

Most dealerships recommend test driving the car after anything is done to it, Granted not like that, This lets them know if anything else is wrong with the car and makes sure everything is OK with any repair done. I doubt if it was an old G20 it would have gotten test driven though.....

Not sure I would be happy about it, and I understand your concern, but I guess I would think to myself, Do I drive it harder than that every day anyway and do I want to get the tech making peanuts fired over it? Had he damaged the car being reckless, that would be MUCH different.

Next time I would make sure to tell the service adviser you don't want your car to be test driven or taken off the lot, I probably would have confronted the tech and just had fun looking at his face, lol
Old 12-12-2012, 03:09 AM
SPDCRZ

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
After seeing this I got a camera for my g. Lol
Old 02-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Phantom9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alta Infiniti is a bunch of f00ls

I'm sad to see that you're a victim of Alta Infiniti. Their mechanic drove my car up against a white pole located inside their garage when they were replacing my front wheel bearings (FX35). I confronted them and they were willing to split the repair 50/50 LOL!! Really?? they're going to make me pay half the cost of their screw up?!? Long story short, I went up all the way to headoffice and they could not help me because all dealerships are franchise owned and they are powerless to assist.

Each time I have been there, there is always a problem or I have to tell the mechanic how to do his job and I have been doing mechanical work since I've been a kid. Most of those "retards" in there have no passion for what they do and no respect for someone's property.

If you value your car and your time, steer clear of this dealership unless you like to support these kinds of idiots.

The only person I ever liked out of that place was the parts guy (not manager) who usually sits in the back room. There's one or two of them but its the darker fellow with glasses.

The rest of those boneheads deserve to be fired and sent to work $7/hr jobs.

Anyways, that's my experience with this Infiniti dumbassship. Hope you guys can see from my frustration and others on here that they're up to no good.

Do yourself a favor, go out of your way to a dealership that cares. Mississauga's Infiniti is by far the best one, everyone goes there. And they have mechanics that can fix issues other dealerships have no clue whatsoever.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Phantom9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a side note, they tend to have this paper with a drawing of a car from the top, side, etc which they indicate any damage on the car. have them write this up in front of you and signed off and a copy for you. This way, they won't have the ***** to say they didn't damage your car.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:50 PM
Danny Boy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Phantom9
I'm sad to see that you're a victim of Alta Infiniti. Their mechanic drove my car up against a white pole located inside their garage when they were replacing my front wheel bearings (FX35). I confronted them and they were willing to split the repair 50/50 LOL!! Really?? they're going to make me pay half the cost of their screw up?!? Long story short, I went up all the way to headoffice and they could not help me because all dealerships are franchise owned and they are powerless to assist.

Each time I have been there, there is always a problem or I have to tell the mechanic how to do his job and I have been doing mechanical work since I've been a kid. Most of those "retards" in there have no passion for what they do and no respect for someone's property.

If you value your car and your time, steer clear of this dealership unless you like to support these kinds of idiots.

The only person I ever liked out of that place was the parts guy (not manager) who usually sits in the back room. There's one or two of them but its the darker fellow with glasses.

The rest of those boneheads deserve to be fired and sent to work $7/hr jobs.

Anyways, that's my experience with this Infiniti dumbassship. Hope you guys can see from my frustration and others on here that they're up to no good.

Do yourself a favor, go out of your way to a dealership that cares. Mississauga's Infiniti is by far the best one, everyone goes there. And they have mechanics that can fix issues other dealerships have no clue whatsoever.
There is nothing wrong with test driving the car. The manner the test drive was conducted by the tech was abusive and reckless. The fact that the service manager tried to cover up was irresponsible and non-professional.

The tech broke the law by exceeding the residential speed limit by 50Km. In Ontario, that is enough to have your G impounded if caught by the police as well as suspension of his driving license.

In the second incident, asking the customer to pay for damage caused by the dealer is totally unacceptable. This should have been taken to the Small Claims Count for settlement.

Getting anyone fired would spread the gems else where. I would leave them alone and stay way from that dealer.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:39 PM
JohnsVert

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
First off the OP has every right to be mad at what he tech did to his car , I watched the video and clearly I heard tire screeching and excessive driving. Especially only after only an oil change.

It's easy for someone to say not to fire the tech or its not a big deal or whatever cause its clearly not there car ! But if your car was in this position you'd be just as mad. We all work hard here to keep our cars in tip top shape , and seeing someone like this take advantage isn't right

And third the manager was unprofessional in trying to cover up this issue . I think the OP was nice in accepting their apology, and not taking further action