Canada Serving Canada.

Got a ticket HTA 75(4) "Unnecessary Noise" ... Insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 08:21 PM
Sunny's G37
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes .. the cops have to show up by law and they actually get paid double for that time (the last time i checked). Could have changed !!
Any who ... so i paid the ticket as i just don't have time to deal with this BS. Going real busy at work with projects so vacation is out of question.
Although i did check with my insurance company and they have confirmed that this particular ticket along with 2 others (traffic light camera and another one i cant remember), don't show up against your driving record. Actually, this particular ticket does, but it won't affect premium at all. She read it right out of their underwriter policies. I called twice after and confirmed the same piece of info from 2 more reps. The way they explained it made sense cause it is not a moving violation and could be just in a parking lot too. Oh well, I hope it is correct info.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:37 PM
Nazgul

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It may not really matter with your current insurer, but if you switch insurers for some reason, they will look at the abstract first. Now most if not all underwriters have ZERO legal training and ANY violation that shows up on the MTO's records, whether a moving violation or not, will raise a red flag.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Sunny's G37
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ I can confirm it to you 100% that a non moving violation has no effect on your premiums. Have checked with RBC, State Farm, and couple of other insurers. I spoke to my colleague's husband who is an underwriter for TD and he confirmed the same. Have you experienced this in person or just saying as per common sense?