Canada Serving Canada.

Brand new takeda cold air intake for GTA

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 02:45 PM
daren_ipl
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Brand new takeda cold air intake for GTA

So I worked a little magic, not a g37.com sponsor but a great guy that can give us a sweet deal on brand new takeda CAI for 08+g37 for $525 with rain shield ... cash out the door.

Kicker: I need at least 3 solid buyers to get this price.

*shield included*

Pm me or sunnyg37

Last edited by daren_ipl; 04-23-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:59 PM
daren_ipl
Registered Member

Please don't delete this thread as it's only for the gta members and surrounding areas, no point of the US members seeing the ad. The supplier will not ship the ad is for a helping hand for gta members only who don't wanna pay for shipping duties taxes etc. All core performance is giving Toronto a deal.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Sunny's G37
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok ... So here's the update ... I was able to negotiate a price of $410 for the intake and $65 for the Rain Shield (water protection) .. total of $475 cash everything in. Lead time 1-2 weeks on the intake. 3 weeks on the shield. I have desalt with this guy/store before locally here in GTA, and his service and pricing is top notch. Had very good experience with him when i had my old G35. So we need more people to get this pricing. You guys won't be able to grab this kinda pricing even from a US vendor (shipping taxes duties mannnnnn). This vendor has all kinds of performance parts for our cars and their pricing is like US vendors. We need to do more GB's and give this guy more business and NO i am not being paid to do this. lol
Daren, could you edit the OP and update it with this pricing so that everyone knows.
Guys, a friend in need is a friend indeed (lmaoooooo) ... we need more people. This pricing cannot be beaten. I have spent my last 1 hour searching.
So let's start the list.
1. Daren (Daren_IPL)
2. Sunny (Sunny's G37)
....... as many as possible ... we need 5 at the least. Maybe i can negotiate for just 3 people but right now i wanted to give him a break. lol .... put your name on the list ... quick quick ....
Old 04-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Sunny's G37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by daren_ipl
So I worked a little magic, not a g37.com sponsor but a great guy that can give us a sweet deal on brand new takeda CAI for 08+g37 for $475 with rain shield ... cash out the door.

Kicker: I need at least 3 solid buyers to get this price.

*shield included*

Pm me or sunnyg37
Yo ... make the pricing in bold and colour the hell out of it ... i don't want people to miss it.
Is there a way to include that pricing in the title?
Old 04-13-2012, 06:27 PM
nigelktm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mind pm what is the store name?!
Old 04-13-2012, 06:48 PM
Sunny's G37
Registered Member

^^^ Hey Nigel .... The guy's name is Rob ... I will PM you the store name.
Are you interested for one?
Old 04-13-2012, 06:49 PM
Sunny's G37
Registered Member

BTW ... you won't pay me ... each individual will be paying at the store. It is a reputed store and has a website as well.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:18 PM
Alan318

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Should i stillen gen 3 or tak.............is the tak with the connected single filter?
Old 04-13-2012, 09:58 PM
daren_ipl
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Alan318
Should i stillen gen 3 or tak.............is the tak with the connected single filter?
Yes it's 1 filter connected to both tubes
Old 04-13-2012, 11:05 PM
Sunny's G37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Alan318
Same dileama as you and i chose Takeda ... Similar gains ... better construction ... Better filter (dry type) ... cheaper and more than anything ... you won't have to dremel the **** out of your car

Can't find the thread but a guy actually wrecked his AC lines cause of the rubbing issues Gen 3's are known for and had his system fixed for 1000 bucks.

Stillen won't get a single buck out of me for their universal POS intake. Bloody absolutely no R&D. Yes, Takeda did take the idea from Stillen but surpassed them in quality hands down. Takeda's venturi system (smaller piping at MAF) wouldn't drive MAF crazy and won't throw any CEL's.

This is what i have learnt in the past few weeks i have been looking for an Intake. Had Stillen intake on my G35 and loved it but this time, they have failed failed failed.

I say, go with Takeda .... This deal is pretty good. You won't regret.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:34 AM
V36Skyline

i remember reading that thread, he also mentioned that when the mechanic first installed the intake, he didnt installed the protecting hose for the AC so yeah...and as for the dremel part it really isnt that big of a deal unless your really clumsy with tools, ill admit it is a pain in the *** but well worth it. now as for takeda ive heard issues about there rubber couplers and too big they are for the intake piping which is weird i heard people had problems with them coming off and having to replace them with other couplers oh and the whole one filter kind of defeats the purpose of having a dual throttle body having to suck air from one filter? just saying..and also defending stillen in this case.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:33 AM
Sunny's G37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by V36Skyline
the whole one filter kind of defeats the purpose of having a dual throttle body having to suck air from one filter?
I hope you were joking when you said this

And honestly bud, i do agree that stillen is "worth it" (to each his own i guess?). But i strongly disapprove of doing such mods to my car. Strongly disapprove trashing my car like a civic and using a dremel around it. Now that's MY personal take on this.
I, again personally, prefer quality built parts than anything and am even willing to sacrifice 2-3 HP if that's what it costs to keep my car sane. Again, my personal take on this, no offence to ppl with Stillen.
BTW that Takeda issue with the rubber coupling was actually people over tightening the clamp, which is a simple but silly mistake most DIYers do. It's a rubber made coupling after all and there's no high or low quality rubber. Rubber's a rubber.
Also, the finish on Takeda pipes, is way more refined than Stillen.
It just comes down to personal preference.
Let's not defend any of the intakes as neither of us is getting paid to do that.
Used to be a Stillen fan myself, but i've never been so disappointed in a product.
Cheers ... and no hard feelings !!

Guy's ... update the list if you are interested for the GB
Old 04-14-2012, 09:40 AM
V36Skyline

I guess we both have our opinions but yeah no hard feelings lol not trying to make enemies just wanted people knowing stillen isn't that bad of a product, the funny thing is..I have it but I haven't installed it but I did contemplate about stillen vs takeda I just went with what the dyno sheet said LOL but yeah no hard feelings.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Sunny's G37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by V36Skyline
I guess we both have our opinions but yeah no hard feelings lol not trying to make enemies just wanted people knowing stillen isn't that bad of a product, the funny thing is..I have it but I haven't installed it but I did contemplate about stillen vs takeda I just went with what the dyno sheet said LOL but yeah no hard feelings.
Cheers bro !!
Old 04-14-2012, 12:54 PM
V36Skyline

have you guys contemplated injen cai they arent bad either.

Quick Reply: Brand new takeda cold air intake for GTA