Canada Serving Canada.

GTA VIDEO: The reason why you need a dash camera (scam foiled)

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 10:49 AM
KennyG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GTA VIDEO: The reason why you need a dash camera (scam foiled)

Just to share, its from the other forum and that thread got deleted I guess because it contains some personal info

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LptT_hGmQkY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-14-2012, 11:10 AM
minorthreat

saw this too! crazy... I don't think I could keep as calm as the victim did, especially knowing it's a scam... reversing on the highway? idiot! this vid makes me so mad.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Busted. I have worked with truck drivers who have this kind of crap happen to them all the time because everything is always the fault of the big truck hogging the road, right? More and more independent owner operators as well as company fleets are installing cameras. Multiple cameras from different angles to show insurance scams like this as well as when cars run into big trucks and then try to claim the big bad truck driver ran over them when police arrive.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:52 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd love to see what happened later after the scammer said that he was calling the cops.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Wow, my camera may have captured me beating the **** out of this scum bag.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Mysticalism

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
kinda wanna buy a camera for my car now :\ anyone has any good recommendations?

yeah, i would totally go down and beat the **** out of that guy

but, i would be smart and take him to court and ask him to pay more money for my time and effort
Old 02-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Ontario G37S
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Holly ****! Makes me think twice about coming to the meet in March. I wonder if he did indeed pull through with his threat to call the cops. I would have also demanded his insurance information and then report the fraud to his insurer. Would certainly help take one less **** off the road since I doubt he would have insurance the next day.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:37 PM
CaptainObvious
Banned

Got a dash cam? √ Check!

If that type of scam happened to me, as much as I may be tempted to pummel the scum bag, I would need to chill though, because my camera is for real, not imaginary.

I use an app on my Bionic called Autogaurd, with the pro unlocker I found for free on the internet. I never drive without it now, that also makes it unlikely that I'll ever forget my cell phone now that I'm accustomed to seeing it fill the docks (I have two) on my dashboards whenever I drive.

AutoGuard Blackbox - Android Apps and Tests - AndroidPIT

I have not needed to prove anything with it yet, but I have captured some random idiots with it, here's one edited clip from my Tundra.

I wish it could see more than just the frontal view though.

<embed width="440" height="420" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v5.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=i2q13s&s=5"><br><font size="1"><a href="http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=i2q13s&s=5">Original Video</a> - More videos at <a href="http://tinypic.com">TinyPic</a></font>

Last edited by CaptainObvious; 03-31-2012 at 05:02 PM. Reason: fixed dead link, stupid tinypic asswipes
Old 02-14-2012, 11:20 PM
HP_John

Wow, seriously, me & my brother are still talking about this video. Can't believe ppl are going around trying to pull this kinda stuff.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:08 AM
minorthreat

Originally Posted by Ontario G37S
Holly ****! Makes me think twice about coming to the meet in March. I wonder if he did indeed pull through with his threat to call the cops. I would have also demanded his insurance information and then report the fraud to his insurer. Would certainly help take one less **** off the road since I doubt he would have insurance the next day.
whoa.. it's not that bad here in Toronto lol! just make sure you carry a baseball bat in the trunk... kidding...

From what I read the cops came and the person with the camera tried to show it him, but cop didn't want to see it.. to small of case to even bother apparently.

This crook has been exposed though, address, picture and everything! karma will always come back 10 fold! lol, he'll get it some way or another.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:41 AM
Ontario G37S
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by minorthreat
whoa.. it's not that bad here in Toronto lol! just make sure you carry a baseball bat in the trunk... kidding...

From what I read the cops came and the person with the camera tried to show it him, but cop didn't want to see it.. to small of case to even bother apparently.

This crook has been exposed though, address, picture and everything! karma will always come back 10 fold! lol, he'll get it some way or another.
I lived in Toronto years ago and I just couldn't stand the traffic. I realise it's not that bad, but it is disturbing when you could be the next sucker for a scam like this. Bad enough you gotta watch out for runaway truck tires .
And it is true with the cops, too small of a case which is why its more important to get his insurance information and report it as fraud to the insurance company...they don't take too kindly to that ****. Also isn't it the law to only notify the police when damage is over $2500 and/or if a person is injured in Ontario?

I wonder how much it would be to have a setup for a front camera anyway, and what do you use for recording?
Old 02-15-2012, 09:57 AM
JTG37x

WTF!! I cannot believe people can go that low. makes me sick
Old 02-15-2012, 01:41 PM
KennyG37S

I am thinking about getting Blackvue DR400G-HD, this dashcam is from South Korea with good reviews.

There is a group buy right now at RFD if you are in GTA and hopefully they can negotiate the price to less than $200 shipped.

I also heard that 808 #16 keychain dashcam is not bad for budget minded and it runs you about 40 bucks on ebay.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:53 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Damn I want a camera now too but want it to be hidden. Ive seen the blackvue but cant figure out where to get one.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:00 PM
KennyG37S

Originally Posted by eljoker
Damn I want a camera now too but want it to be hidden. Ive seen the blackvue but cant figure out where to get one.
you can most likely find one on ebay

Quick Reply: GTA VIDEO: The reason why you need a dash camera (scam foiled)