Canada Serving Canada.

Horrible Experience at Infiniti of Willowdale

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Polar_g37s

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Horrible Experience at Infiniti of Willowdale

I'am going to describe a shady experience I had with Used Car Manager: Haik Dikran (*******). About 2-3 months ago I was shopping around for a 08-09 G37s coupe, I notice that Infiniti of Willowdale has a decent price of around $32,000 for one so I give them a call and set up a time and date that I will meet with Philip(used car salesman). On the day I get there Philip seems very busy and sends me to Ali(new car salesman) I go for a test drive/ look around of the car. Immediately I fall in love with the car and decide to see if I can get approved for Financing because Ive never had a credit card and am only 22. So I negotiated a monthly payment of $500 for 60months with $10,000 down upon approval of the financing. Used Car Manager: Haik Dikran comes in shakes my hand jokes around a bit acting really nice and signs the sales contract after taking my $500 down payment. Than I'am sent to the Business Manager Serf Fernandez to go threw the rest of the contract and what not and to get my signature. At this point I'm very happy with their services, so I head home and wait for a response about the Financing approval. I get a call couple days later from Serf Fernandez saying I'm not approved for Financing by any of their Banks, so Serf tells me he can try and see if a private Bank will finance me. I think about and decide to go ahead and let him find out if I can approved for financing threw a private bank. After a while I get a call saying I got approved but for a different monthly payment, immediately I tell him i cant afford to pay more than $500/month and I dont want to purchase this car anymore from them. He keeps pushing and pushing telling me they will drop the price even more of the vehicle and if the monthly payment is more we will go threw with canceling the contract and says the private bank will call me, so I give them a chance and wait for a call. Next day I get a call and the private bank tells me the monthly payment will be $638/month so I call them and no answer from their phones so I leave a message on Serfs answering machine telling him I want to cancel the contract because its just too much for me I even tried calling the following day but no answer. Couple days later I go to another dealership to purchase an 08 g37s with navi for a better price. I agree to pick the car up on a later date... still waiting on a response from Willowdale, a few days go by and still no response. So I figure ill go after on the way home from picking up the G37s from the other dealer. On my way home I get a call from Philip asking whats this I hear you want to cancel the deal? Maybe we can work something out? I tell him no I want my $500 down payment back because I was not approved and I already purchased a vehicle from another dealer, he says let me call you back. I than get a call from Used Car Manager: Haik Dikran (*******) saying oh whats this you want to cancel because you bought another car? I tell him yes I already purchased a different car and want to cancel, he than begins to say he is going to sue me for the value of the car at willowdale I ask him why he says oh you signed the contract and did a scoop technique (bs) and he begins to act very slimy and rude. So i tell him go ahead sue me, knowing he really has nothing on me, but at this point he has already ruined my first day with my new car. I get another call from Philip saying I heard Haik wants to sue you, listen no one needs this so maybe we can work something out. Pretty much telling me to buy the car from them and return the other, I tell him no and hang up. I get home and am very very pissed off to call OMVIC about this whole situation, OMVIC insures me they(willowdale) are at wrong and to send them a letter in a specific format shown on their website(OMVIC) and to speak with their manager John Gionnas and if I dont get a response from them in 5 business days OMVIC will than deal with them. So I sent the letter and had to wait over 1month to get my $500 down payment back that was rightfully mine.

Conclusion: I will never deal with them because of Used Car Manager: Haik Dikran(*******). The only person that seemed legit and respectful was John Gionnas General Manager.

Had I been stupid and easily scared I would have believed Haik and would be up my *** in bills and a car I didnt want anymore. I expected more from a big dealership, not shady tactics.

Last edited by Polar_g37s; 01-20-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:53 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow! What a bad experience. How come you made the $500 deposit before getting approved by their banks? That doesn't seem right before any financial approval.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:47 PM
minorthreat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn... another bad Willowdale experience. Glad you got it sorted out though.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:08 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 589 Likes on 493 Posts
I assume on what ever original paperwork you signed, the entire contract was contingent upon you getting financing at terms specified (ie no more than $500 monthly). If so, tell whoever calls you from there to go pound sand and hang up. Do a dispute with your credit card company for the $500 deposit/downpayment.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:10 PM
Polar_g37s

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
Wow! What a bad experience. How come you made the $500 deposit before getting approved by their banks? That doesn't seem right before any financial approval.
They explained they can't do a finance check without sum sort of deposit....
Old 01-21-2012, 10:07 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Polar_g37s
They explained they can't do a finance check without sum sort of deposit....
That is BS!
Old 01-23-2012, 01:13 AM
HP_John

First of all, I am sorry to hear about your bad experience. I've never bought or serviced my car from Willowdale, so I'm not here to defend them or anything.

I just wanted to clear up the part about the deposit, it is normal & routine for dealers to ask for a deposit when signing a sales agreement. They don't want ppl to agree to buy a car then change their mind for no reason, so the deposit is suppose to be a deterrent to ppl backing out.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:15 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, yes dealers will sometimes as for a deposit (although Alta has never asked me for a deposit), but they will ask for it at the time of signing the contract not before they even approve you for financing, that's BS.

Did you put your deposit on a credit card? If you did do a charge back. If not, good luck in getting your money back.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:06 AM
Polar_g37s

I got my money back after sending the letter and after telling them I spoke to Omvic....
Old 01-30-2012, 08:58 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad it all worked out for you.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:37 PM
blueninjabron

Just had another WOW experience from Alta, take your cars there, it is worth the drive from where ever you are! DO IT!