Canada Serving Canada.

Factory Order

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 03:51 PM
InFloW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory Order

I've checked out what others have experienced but most that's in the US so I don't consider it quite the same. So I'm curious how quickly fellow Canadians received their cars that were factory orders. I'm thinking the Canadian experience is different since there is probably fewer cases where another car arrives the same as the one ordered and it's given instead.

I had placed an order in March and at this point I'm starting to question if an order was even placed. First it was late May delivery then late June and the latest is it's on a boat it'll be here when it gets here basically. I can't help but be skeptical at this point if the order was ever even placed. With the delivery date changing every month it makes me think they're waiting on a car like the one I wanted to come in and just give me that.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:45 PM
DmfG37sTT

At no point can a dealership lie to you about where your car is or telling you that the order was placed when it really was not. I do however have a couple of questions..
1st. did you put any money down to have the car orderd (im sure you did)
2. Where is the car being shipped from?
3. And what if any where there reasons for the car not being here.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:21 PM
InFloW

Originally Posted by DmfG37sTT
At no point can a dealership lie to you about where your car is or telling you that the order was placed when it really was not. I do however have a couple of questions..
1st. did you put any money down to have the car orderd (im sure you did)
2. Where is the car being shipped from?
3. And what if any where there reasons for the car not being here.

1. Yep. Bill of sale on it, negotiated trade in on my old car and everything.
2. I assume Japan considering it was a factory order.
3. Just general delays the initial date was just a best case.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:03 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I ordered a 2009 back in July 2008. I received it at the beginning of October. When I ordered it they told it it would probably arrive sometime in September, it ended up coming in at the end of September.

During the process the dealer would call me and let me know the status (they started building your car today, it's finished construction, it's on the ship, it's arrived in port, it's on the train, it's been loaded onto the truck, etc.)

It generally takes about 3 months for factory order cars from Europe and Japan.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:42 AM
HP_John

When I used to be in sales, the sales manager would remind us to never promise a factory order car by a certain date, because honestly, there are no real guarantees as to when a car will arrive. Even if corporate tells us a car will arrive by 2nd wk of July, next thing you know it can get pushed back.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:30 PM
InFloW

Originally Posted by HP_John
When I used to be in sales, the sales manager would remind us to never promise a factory order car by a certain date, because honestly, there are no real guarantees as to when a car will arrive. Even if corporate tells us a car will arrive by 2nd wk of July, next thing you know it can get pushed back.

Well I imagine in almost all cases it's safe to say it'll be here in 3 months. I'm basing this off the fact my paper work for the agreement on the Infiniti side is not valid after 90 days and we had to re-do that portion.

So I got the car looks awesome. In the end I'm glad I waited it out rather than settling for a awd or the wrong color. You'd be surprise how few sport versions there are in Canada. Add on the tech package and at the time there was only a single car in the database.

Now it's just a matter of figuring out all the new stuff. Going from a 04 g35 to this is a big tech upgrade. Even old features are totally different.