Canada Serving Canada.

Krown Rustproofing

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 01:34 PM
JRP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha! I do the same when I go from the carwash to my apartment building and need to open the window to use the key for the garage door, I open the door instead of lowering the window, and do the same for the rest of the day, annoying. Water gets trapped in the felt that rubs the window.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Loki123
Registered Member

Ya, really wierd - I never had this water-window problem with my Accord. This weather is really awesome - I'm wondering if I have one more shot at putting on another layer of Col. #845 --- since, late next week projection is 10 degrees C. I'm switching over to my snow tires Monday...probably bringing my front rim rash to get fixed in Kanata next week as well. Fingers crossed the results will be nice...
Old 11-26-2009, 07:36 PM
JRP

When did you waxed the car last time? The Col is good for at least 6mo so if it was recently don't worry.
One note, I wouldn't put another fresh layer on top of what you have already without removing the previous wax. Dirt accumulates that's why before applying fresh coats you should always remove the old wax, if you have any. I just spray a mix of diluted dish soap on the car, Palmolive is what I last used, some people use Dawn, and wash/rinse well afterwards. That will remove the wax, then apply the fresh coat, or coats. Also, if you can, do the claying once a year, I prefer sprint-time since winter-time is when you deal with salt/sand/rocks the most.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:09 PM
Loki123
Registered Member

I used #845 wax about 2 months ago (Sept.) - so I guess your right it can last the winter - I just hate salt chipping away at my front bumper when it flies off other vehicles. Never thought of Palmolive... I wonder if the chemical bros. wash & gloss can do the trick... I did buy the clay kit from Canadian Tire - comes with the spray, the bar and the cloth - it's surprising what comes off the car.
The worste spots on the car to keep clean for me are always the side after door that flares out before the rear wheels.
It's funny last year after I purchased the car I would see a G37 every week - but this year - I think I've seen 1 or 2 for the entire year... Now all I see on the Ottawa roads are the G37 look-a-likes (Hyundai Tiburons...)
Old 11-27-2009, 01:55 PM
JRP

Yeap I've seen quite a few Tiburons, they look nice but I guess there's no comparison to the G ;-)
No wax is going to save you from the rock chips, I already have a few in only a year. You can use a clearbra, but I rather have the chips than the bra, and it dulls in a couple of years, I just don't like the bra.
I don't think that any car-soap will remove the wax, they shouldn't, the waxes should be car-soap safe so we don't remove it while washing the cars, people use dish-soap because it's stronger and have degreaser capabilities, but it's light enough to not damage the paint if you use it only a few times a year or so. It's safe for your hands so it should be safe for the paint.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Loki123
Registered Member

I thought about the bra also for winter but to me it's tacky. After the snow this morning I got my winters on --- ready for the snow later this week.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:50 PM
CarAddict
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I finally got the car rustproofed today at the Richmond Hill Krown shop! I asked them not to make any visible holes in the door area. All necessary holes were made underneath the rubber pieces (to spray front and back fenders). The lock adjustment hole on the door was used to spray the doors (no holes made in the doors).

They did not give me the warranty since I asked them not to make the holes all over which I did agree with them beforehand.

Overall, it was a good experience! I definitely recommend this location!

Again, thanks for your help all!