Canada Serving Canada.

Anyone know what the latest incentives are for a base G37S?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Mutt50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Anyone know what the latest incentives are for a base G37S?

I'm looking at purchasing a 2009 G37s and was wondering if the incenives have changed from the summer. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:42 PM
Danny Boy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was in the Toronto Star, $3,500 cash discount for the G37s.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:52 AM
HP_John

Just to clarify, that means whatever price you end up negotiating, you will have to pay the full amount upfront (however you choose to do that, as long as you don't finance with Infiniti Canada), & Infiniti Canada is giving an additional $3500 off whatever price you negotiate.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Riley
Registered Member

no. when negociating the dealer will assume the $3500 discount and include that discount in their price. There is no cash back from Infinity canada directly to you, it flows through the dealer.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:03 PM
Danny Boy

Originally Posted by Riley
no. when negociating the dealer will assume the $3500 discount and include that discount in their price. There is no cash back from Infinity canada directly to you, it flows through the dealer.

2X

As a result of this discount, the dealer will be offering few discounts than before and therefore making more $$. The buyer should be getting more total dollar off. Infiniti Canada selling more cars - a win/win/win proposition.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Mutt50

Is there also a $1000 dealer incentive from Infiniti Canada because there was last month. One dealer says the customer discount is $2500, one said $3500 and one offered me $4500 but offering $3000 less on a trade than the other dealers.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Danny Boy

Your ultimate objective is to get the maximum discount from the deal.

When I bought mine in May when there was the $3,500 cash discount going, I got a 12.5% off the MSRP, freight and air/gas taxes.

You are buying this at the end of the model year and you should get more discount (eg. 15%+). However, it all depends if the dealers have the cars in stock and if they want to move them. If you can’t get a good deal maybe it is better off you order a 2010 G.

Negotiate the deal before you enter your trade into the discussion. Your trade will be somewhere between the black book whole sale and retail values.

PM me if need more discussion.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:03 PM
jasbains.

Infiniti*

I had to point it out ahaha
Old 09-24-2009, 06:46 AM
HP_John

Perhaps I pooly worded my response, if that is the case, I apologize. Isn't a $3500 cash deal discount? Meaning it's only for cash purchases, not if you finance with Infiniti? If that is the case, then you can indeed negotiate the price of the car 1st, then ask them what the discount is on cash purchase. I did not mean to say Infiniti Canada is sending a rebate directly to you, just that the cash deal discount is from Infiniti Canada, so it shouldn't affect how much the dealer can discount.

I used to work in sales for Honda (seriously). I would always make it clear to customers that the cash purchase discount was in addition to whatever other discount they were getting from the dealer.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:49 AM
HP_John

Originally Posted by Danny Boy
Your ultimate objective is to get the maximum discount from the deal.

When I bought mine in May when there was the $3,500 cash discount going, I got a 12.5% off the MSRP, freight and air/gas taxes.

You are buying this at the end of the model year and you should get more discount (eg. 15%+). However, it all depends if the dealers have the cars in stock and if they want to move them. If you can’t get a good deal maybe it is better off you order a 2010 G.

Negotiate the deal before you enter your trade into the discussion. Your trade will be somewhere between the black book whole sale and retail values.

PM me if need more discussion.
Trade in values shouldn't be between the black book wholesale value & retail value, retail value is what the dealer would theoretically be selling that car for. If a dealer is offering you more for your trade than black book wholesale values, likely it is because they are making a killing off the sale of the new car you're buying. I used to be in sales for Honda.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:35 AM
Danny Boy

Originally Posted by HP_John
Trade in values shouldn't be between the black book wholesale value & retail value, retail value is what the dealer would theoretically be selling that car for. If a dealer is offering you more for your trade than black book wholesale values, likely it is because they are making a killing off the sale of the new car you're buying. I used to be in sales for Honda.
John:<O</O
<O</O
I understand what you are saying and where you are coming from.
<O</O

After I negotiate for the new car purchase, I always shoot for a figure higher than the black book wholesale value for my trade. They do make allowance for low mileage and better than average conditions etc.

As a purchaser, you should have an idea what you want for your trade. If you don't get the proper trade in value, just walk to the next dealer. Within GTA, you have 4-5 dealers you can try.

Alternatively you can always sell your old car privately. Just make sure you sell it at least 13% high than the dealer trade in figure to recapture the sales tax effect.

</OI enjoy making deals - I do it for a living.