Canada Serving Canada.

Purchasing G37S + hi-tech pack in Canada/Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 05:23 AM
chovaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by psyh
^^^ Aspen Pearl? First time I've ever heard of it called that.

I didn't read the whole thread (lazy lol) but couldn't you buy from a dealer in Alberta and avoid paying taxes??

I think they will calculate the taxes based on where you live....

Aspel Pearl is a Canadian color. It's the same as midnight white in the US. They are both paint code QAA....
Old 06-16-2009, 06:35 AM
HP_John

Originally Posted by Mysticalism
lol are you just advertising for APA?
No, I used to work in sales at 2 Honda dealers in the GTA.

The APA is a consumer based organization that does a lot of good stuff to protect consumers, they do investigations about automotive scams (eg shops charging for unnecessary work, car dealerships lying, etc). It's about the same cost as CarCostCanada, except they also give you a no hassle pre-negotiated price that is better than what 90% of customers could get on their own (in my experience). Add in the fact all the good stuff they do to protect consumers, & I'd say they should be supported.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:14 AM
Mysticalism

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chovaz
Good luck finding one I think I got the last available one with the graphite interior.

I think there may be 1 with a stone interior if it hasn't sold already (i got mine on Thursday) otherwise you'll be ordering, not sure how long that takes...

They let me see the inventory check when I was looking for mine. The one I bought was the only graphite, and there were 3 stones, but 2 were already sold but hadn't been delivered (so they still show as available in the system)...
the 2 dealers said they have it brand new in their compound, so i dunno when you got yours lol, i went to the one in Richmond and North Van
Old 06-17-2009, 01:21 AM
jasbains.

Willowdale Infiniti in Thornhill, Ontario just listed a 2008 G37S Coupe. Automatic with Navigation and Tech Package. Black on Black with 5,200 km's on it. It's listed for 46,000. Isn't this a bit too pricey considering the new ones are almost around the same price now?
Here's the link to check it out: http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/detai...0&adid=7793164

Plus, same G37 Coupe listed in Quebec with 7000 km's for 33,000. Same packages and all too. I guess it just matters where the dealer is located sometimes. Buying an Infiniti in Ontario is usually very costly compared to a province like Manitoba or Quebec.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:35 AM
HP_John

Originally Posted by jasbains.
Willowdale Infiniti in Thornhill, Ontario just listed a 2008 G37S Coupe. Automatic with Navigation and Tech Package. Black on Black with 5,200 km's on it. It's listed for 46,000. Isn't this a bit too pricey considering the new ones are almost around the same price now?
Here's the link to check it out: http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/detai...0&adid=7793164

Plus, same G37 Coupe listed in Quebec with 7000 km's for 33,000. Same packages and all too. I guess it just matters where the dealer is located sometimes. Buying an Infiniti in Ontario is usually very costly compared to a province like Manitoba or Quebec.
New is $53000. This is just my feeling, but if the ones in Quebec are G37S w hi-tech pkg (nav & other things), then that'd be a discount of $20000 off new. To me, something is not right about those prices (big accidents).
Old 06-17-2009, 12:43 PM
jasbains.

Originally Posted by HP_John
New is $53000. This is just my feeling, but if the ones in Quebec are G37S w hi-tech pkg (nav & other things), then that'd be a discount of $20000 off new. To me, something is not right about those prices (big accidents).
Good call, HP_John, I just called the guy up at the dealership, he said, there was rear damage to it but it's been fixed. I'm looking into buying one now too so I think I'm going to go take a look at that one for $46K. It looks like the most legit one around.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:32 PM
Danny Boy

Four weeks ago, I paid $47K for a brand new G37x with the tech package. Why you want to look at a 2008 model with 5K (one year depreciation) for $46K?

PM me I will give you some ideas.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:27 PM
jasbains.

Originally Posted by Danny Boy
Four weeks ago, I paid $47K for a brand new G37x with the tech package. Why you want to look at a 2008 model with 5K (one year depreciation) for $46K?

PM me I will give you some ideas.
True say, but I doubt I'll pay anything that high. I'm looking for an '08 or '09 that's a G37S with the Nav. Package in BO for probably around 38000 - 41500. I sent you a PM though. Thanks for the help !
Old 06-20-2009, 12:30 AM
shankishek

Originally Posted by chovaz
The first dealer I went to was Guelph Infiniti which I WILL NEVER RETURN TO IN MY LIFE. The manager and employees are all stuck up ******. At one point the salesman said to me (pointing at this clothes and stuff) "Do I LOOK like i need the money?" referring to his commission when i was trying to negotiate....

ALTA Infiniti on the other hand was amazing. Nobody else could beat their deal. everyone was down to earth and they gave me an amazing price right off the bat.

49,000 flat was my first offer, not my best offer. If you are leasing, you should be getting the $1000 rebate taken off your price. If you are purchasing cash I believe there is a $2000 rebate.
Oh my Lord!! I had a terrible experience at Guelph Infiniti too. Worst customer service I have ever experienced from any car dealer. I felt like smacking the most arrogant and ignorant sales shyster I have ever met in my life(Derek). I then went to ALTA Infiniti and it was the total opposite.Excellent service, great prices, and honest service. Best Infiniti dealer this side of the lake.I am now enjoying my G37X thanks to Tony at ALTA infiniti, and I would recommend this dealership to anyone. Stay away from Guelph.

Last edited by shankishek; 06-20-2009 at 08:44 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 06-21-2009, 03:21 AM
Mysticalism

ummm no one got a g37s recently ><?
Old 06-21-2009, 03:48 PM
rikg37

Anyone lately got a G37S in Vancouver? Im planning to purchase one with the hi-tech package. I was wondering what the price you got it for and what kind of discount can i get it in CAD with the economy so bad

I just ordered a white G37S with the Hi tech package from Morrey Infiniti in Coquitlam. In the end, I put zero down and they gave it to me for 50. Brand new, it just came into the country. Adding it all up I was looking to pay well over 50 grand.
I dont know the exact cost but I'm living in Calgary and my dad did the haggling. It took a while to negotiate, 3-4 trips of the sales guy going back to the manager but they gave me a good deal. I'm from BC but in Calgary for the moment and he sorted it out on that end.
The interest was 2.9% over 60 months.

I avoided paying the PST because I'm in Calgary now for the year. I changed my license and I just needed to show them proof that I'm living here and not still in BC. There was an 08 model here with 8000km at 46K but the finance rate on that is 5.8 or 5.9 and it really isn't worth it buying over a new.

I was originally going to buy it in Calgary but they had limited stock and I'd have to have waited another 6-8 weeks. They we're offering me just $1000 off because they had limited stock.
I am picking my car up this week. I went through Morrey Infiniti of Coquitlam. Give em a try! I saved a fair amount through them.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:06 AM
Mysticalism

i guess...... unfortunatelly im not gonna finance it and i guess im gonna get it for 47k before tax
Old 06-22-2009, 07:01 AM
HP_John

i guess...... unfortunatelly im not gonna finance it and i guess im gonna get it for 47k before tax
I know it might sound petty, but I'd go for $46800 before tax, which would be about $1000 over invoice after accounting for the $3500 cash deal credit(assuming Hi-Tech + Pearl Paint). It's just another $200, but it's the feeling of a good deal that on a roughly $50000 car, you only paid $1000 over invoice
Old 06-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Riley
Registered Member

I'm looking for basically the same options except in the sedan. So I'm curious how much of a discount this is? Was this price just the factory incentive for cash buyers and thats it OR did the dealer also discount on there end?

also did you try this consumer group mentioned above?