Canada Serving Canada.

Ottawa G37 owners...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Loki123
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Potenza summers aren't conducive to the 30 cms of snow we got yesterday - that's for sure.

I drove downtown to work this morning and it took me almost 2 hours from Orleans. (15km east of Ottawa). All because of the bus strike. So why is it that Toronto can deam public transit an "essential service" but here in Ottawa they don't even want to ask? You'd think that since Ottawa employs 90% of the Federal Government/Military that serve all CDN's - deaming public transit here would be a no-brainer...

Parking is so coveted downtown - they even had security at Minto Parking only letting monthly passholders in... it's the most woonndderfullll tiiiiiiime ooooof the yeeeear!
Old 12-11-2008, 11:11 PM
Techuinang

LOL

Yea, it is an absolute mess right now in the National Capital.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Loki123
Registered Member

The mayor should do what Ronald Reagan did in the 80's to 11,000 air traffic controllers that went on strike - FIRE THEM ALL!

Ottawa is the only city in Canada where the bus drivers can choose their routes and their hours... and they can pick certain hours during certain peak times that qualify as overtime and therefore get paid a full days salary but only put in 5 hours... what a joke!!! Not to mention some drivers are highly overpaid for the work they do. (A six figure salary should not belong to a bus driver working 5 hours a day).
Seeing as though I'm on a good rant --- this also goes for the high salaries that domestic car companies pay their employees. They get up to 3 times what Japanese Car employees get all because of a really greedy union. I hope the Detroit 3 sink - no bailout with my money.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:13 AM
JRP

To top it all, the city hasn't cleaned the snow in downtown area so parking is limited, there are many spots where you can park if there were no snow acumulated there and streets are way narrower now.
Now to the subject: I installed the LM-25's last night, what a difference!!! I took the car for a spin in some streets where there were some remaining snow and push it, now I can drive! There weren't much snow on the street but I could feel a big difference, with the Potenzas my VDC light was always on even when I got only one side of the car on little amounts of snow. Now I have to push it hard to get it on, let's see how it handles when we get more snow like two days ago.
The wheel/tire combo looks great IMO and everything came perfect from tirerack, was ~$1640 CDN all in and the rims seats at a perfect position, no stuck in, they look nice!
Payed GST/PST at the border, why PST if I didn't buy from inside the province? Anyways and very happy with the results so far, I'll take pics on the weekend.

JR
Old 12-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Loki123
Registered Member

JR good to hear! Now we can race in a foot of snow - Woo hoo... did your tpms sensor come on right away?
Old 12-12-2008, 11:42 AM
JRP

Came on at 10km, I reset the counter just to check on that, at 10km started blinking then full on.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Loki123
Registered Member

Saw a black G37 last night on the 417 (westbound) near St. Laurent offramp with New York plates "MYGEG37". Anyone on here own that one? Are you Christmas shopping north of the border? I guess it's not that far as New York State is only 1 hour from Ottawa.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Techuinang

Saw a black G37S (still had the summer rims) on St-Patrick close to Sussex. It was parked there for a good portion of the day. Could maybe be a tourist up here for Winterlude.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Loki123
Registered Member

^^Could be - or maybe he's here to see Obama in Ottawa tomorrow...where he won't get to park in that same spot as there are road closures in that neck of the woods and downtown...
Old 03-17-2009, 10:15 AM
Techuinang

Saw the same black G37 as in my previous post, or at least I think it's the same, this morning turning into CSIS on Blair.

Oh and drove by 417 Infiniti recently and still saw the same red G37S I saw last year (obviously a 08) in their courtyard. I don't think these cars are selling anymore...
Old 03-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Loki123
Registered Member

^^ Driving by, I noticed 417 is doing major structural renos to their showroom. They rubbed me the wrong way - so I wouldn't recommend them... Tony Graham Infiniti has a far better purchasing experience in Ottawa...

Infiniti's february report card shows sales are down about 13.7% for the "G" from the same period last year. Unfortunately in the report they don't distinguish between Coupe and Sedan - they just say "G". So it's tough to see actual Coupe stats... January had worse figures for the "G" at negative 34% year over year... things usually pick up in the spring - especially for coupes...
Old 03-17-2009, 03:03 PM
JRP

... and I stopped by TG the other day and the same two silver coupes I test drove back in november were still sitting there.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Loki123
Registered Member

They say 52% of car dealers in Canada believe the value of their dealership is decreasing...should be interesting to see how many stay and weather the storm. A horrible economy, and lack of qualified buyers make it tough if you're in the "metal moving" business...

Hey, I hope those G Coupes stay on the lot - makes ownership more exclusive for us G owners - don't you think!
Old 03-21-2009, 02:19 PM
Techuinang

Originally Posted by Loki123
^^ Driving by, I noticed 417 is doing major structural renos to their showroom.
Yea noticed that too when I saw the red G37s. Also saw in the newspaper they are offering $9K off cash incentive on 08 models in stock. Is this a dealer incentive or an Infiniti one? I am assuming it is off the 08 msrp which is already around $5K more then the 09 (ex. G37s with nav 08=$55K, 09=$50K). So it would bring the price of the 08 to about $46K which is not really an incentive IMO compared to the 09.

Saw a brand new 08 Lexus IS-F with nav going for $58K in St Catharines a month ago which is about $10K discount. I am really tempted to just drive down there and pick it up.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Registered Member

I'm happy to report I'll be joining your ranks on Tueday when I pick up new black G37xs. Tuesday can't come fast enough.

Unlike some of the earlier (last year) comments on this thread I must say I was very happy with Chris at TG. He was excellent.

Quick Reply: Ottawa G37 owners...