Canada Serving Canada.

Where to Get DRL Done & How Much?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 07:04 PM
LAZY TURBO

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i honestly never understood why some cars come with daytime running lights, they seem very useless
Old 02-10-2008, 11:01 PM
vINCe_Inc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LAZY TURBO
i honestly never understood why some cars come with daytime running lights, they seem very useless
im guessing you live in a place where its close to perfect weather all the time.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:00 PM
HP_John

Originally Posted by kmare
HP, could you take some pics of the install? do you know were they tapped the +12V IGN source?
They wired it to the foglights, that's all I know. I will pop the hood & take a pic for you.

Last edited by HP_John; 02-12-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:01 PM
faston

Originally Posted by Atomic-G
Hmm, the Infiniti dealers I talked to would do the DRL before the car was picked up. That was a couple months ago, not sure if they have changed their policy.
Yes, all of the ad's on Cars.com from Infiniti of Kirkland (Seattle) state in bold letters that all sales to Canadians include Recall Clearance Letter and DRL's installed prior to delivery.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Ru5tY

HP John,

Im from toronto also and i will be importing a G37S in 3 weeks. Can you please let me know what you ended up doing for DRL's?

My e-mail is rusty_*dot*_wong_*at*_gmail.com

thanks
Old 03-05-2008, 05:37 PM
PSYH
Post Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why bother to import anymore? https://www.myg37.com/forums/showpos...9&postcount=78
Old 03-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Ru5tY

Originally Posted by psyh
hey, i sent you a PM, can you please e-mail me back? thanks.

14% off MSRP is decent, but there are still savings to be had from importing, no?

from my calculation i can still save around $5k, even if i factor in the 14% off CDN MSRP
Old 03-06-2008, 08:08 AM
HP_John

Originally Posted by Ru5tY
hey, i sent you a PM, can you please e-mail me back? thanks.

14% off MSRP is decent, but there are still savings to be had from importing, no?

from my calculation i can still save around $5k, even if i factor in the 14% off CDN MSRP
If you factor in shipping, it depends on the options you get but the overall difference can be very little in some cases. Even with the cost of shipping, I still saved by buying in Cali as opposed to Buffalo (who wanna gouge Cdns it seems). Shipping for many Cdns has run around $1.5 K (the difference between shipping from far away like Cali to Buffalo vs somewhere near like Chicago to Buffalo still costs about the same).
Old 03-06-2008, 08:31 AM
Ru5tY

Originally Posted by HP_John
If you factor in shipping, it depends on the options you get but the overall difference can be very little in some cases. Even with the cost of shipping, I still saved by buying in Cali as opposed to Buffalo (who wanna gouge Cdns it seems). Shipping for many Cdns has run around $1.5 K (the difference between shipping from far away like Cali to Buffalo vs somewhere near like Chicago to Buffalo still costs about the same).
I e-mailed Vince, and it looks like he got his deal through a friend at his local infiniti dealer, so it may not be something that we can all easily get.

How are Buffalo dealers gouging Canadians?

I'm currently living in the New York Manhattan area, but I'm moving back to Toronto at the end of this month, so I am buying from a local dealer around here. I am going to drive it back up, so no shipping company.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:49 AM
PSYH
Post Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Front my experience the dealer in buffalo charges ABOVE msrp.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:02 AM
HP_John

Originally Posted by Ru5tY
I e-mailed Vince, and it looks like he got his deal through a friend at his local infiniti dealer, so it may not be something that we can all easily get.

How are Buffalo dealers gouging Canadians?

I'm currently living in the New York Manhattan area, but I'm moving back to Toronto at the end of this month, so I am buying from a local dealer around here. I am going to drive it back up, so no shipping company.
He's not the only 1 who got a good deal lately in Canada. I remember reading at least 1 or maybe 2 other people who bought in Feb & got $3 K off, on top of the $4500 rebate.

I had a bad experience with Infiniti of Manhatten. Sabrina said they'd beat any legit quote by $300. When I emailed her info about my legit quote of $500over invoice, she stopped replying (but still sends me emails about their special offers).
Old 03-07-2008, 06:04 AM
HP_John

Originally Posted by psyh
Front my experience the dealer in buffalo charges ABOVE msrp.
Yup, pretty ridiculous. At the time, they wanted over MSRP because they're near the border & know what a big deal imports have become in Canada. They're exploiting a situation. Dealers far from the border don't get as much Cdn business & are often reasonable.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Atomic-G

Exploiting is right. When I was considering buying stateside I was checking out several dealers starting in Washington State before going further south. The Infiniti of Kirkland dealer was not much into below MSRP. Mind you that was in October. A few months later the discounts became more widespread and they had a new policy of charging Canadians $1000 to handle the paperwork for export. What a joke. They did take it down a month or so ago. Perhaps a loss of business by provoking further agitation of Cdn consumers given the price disparity.