Canada Serving Canada.

Infiniti Canada - discounts

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 10:33 AM
PSYH
Post Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Slightly off topic: Why do you guys keep saying the odometer is only in miles? You can go into the menu and make it show metric.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:19 PM
urbandaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the end I think its a personal choice.

What really did it for me was one visit to Hyatt and they explained how they are handling US owners, they will service them, but they will not specify when the car will get in and be ready. So it could be a couple of weeks before a tech gets to the car. The Canadian owners will not have a problem.

Also, they will NOT book loaner cars for US owners or give the maintenance program. (BMW and Lexus are the same)

By my calculations the savings were very minimal, your calcuations show $10,000. I believe my calcuations are more precise.

This point is like arguing whether the Red car looks better than the Pearl white, although we all know that Pearl White is the bext color.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:52 PM
vINCe_Inc

can somone dig up where it is stipulated that u.s bought cars cannot get a loner service ? I think that is totally unfair and deserves to be investigated.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:16 PM
urbandaddy

Another thing one ha awknowledge is unless you deal with Million at the Banks, no one gets the actual exchange rate, so you have to take 3 cents off the top.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Loki123
Registered Member

Did Infiniti Canada increase the $3,000 cash incentives for G37's to $4,500? (urbandaddy made a mention that he got $4,500?)

MSRP for G37 "S" is $49,950 +$1,695 freight + 13% tax in Ontario. (=$58,358)

Through VPPcanada.com - one can get the same vehicle for:
Dealer Invoice ($45,500)
+ freight $1,695
- VPP discount ($1,200)
- cash incentive ($3,000 as of Dec. 31)
+ 2.5% delivery charge $1,845
= $44,840 + 13% tax (pst/gst) (= $51,117)

Has anyone gotten a better deal in Canada? Just curious?
Old 01-14-2008, 06:30 PM
faston

Hey Urbandaddy, you've convinced me! This and your other post saying the same thing are making a convincing argument. I'll come right down to your dealership and buy one (oops! did I give something away there?).
Old 01-14-2008, 07:39 PM
rrrevin

Originally Posted by psyh
Slightly off topic: Why do you guys keep saying the odometer is only in miles? You can go into the menu and make it show metric.
The Odometer will always show miles on the US cars. Yes, you can change the average speed display to kph and mileage to display litres/100 km; but the odometer stays in miles per hour (as does cruise control; that also can only be set in miles per hour; which is a mute point cause it's set based on your current speed.).
Old 01-14-2008, 07:44 PM
rrrevin

Originally Posted by HP_John
For some reason, on your spreadsheet it doesn't add the duty cost onto the final cost (almost $2500). It's listed, but it doesn't add it. Based on invoice, you'd still save about $7500, which is still a lot. I also bought from the US, so I'm not disagreeeing with you, just pointing out the spreadsheet error.
Crap.. how could I have missed that; you are right. I was playing with the columns and something obviusly got messed up. I'l have to redo.

Side note: I also managed to buy when $1 Can = $1.10 US. Timed it perfectly. That saved me yet an additional 10% (or about $4500).
Old 01-14-2008, 07:46 PM
rrrevin

Originally Posted by faston
Hey Urbandaddy, you've convinced me! This and your other post saying the same thing are making a convincing argument. I'll come right down to your dealership and buy one (oops! did I give something away there?).
Interesting.. what are you saying??? Urbandaddy has close ties with Hyatt?
Old 01-14-2008, 08:03 PM
rrrevin

Originally Posted by urbandaddy
In the end I think its a personal choice.
Agreed

What really did it for me was one visit to Hyatt and they explained how they are handling US owners, they will service them, but they will not specify when the car will get in and be ready. So it could be a couple of weeks before a tech gets to the car. The Canadian owners will not have a problem.
Are you saying that the car will just sit there on the lot until it can be looked at? Hmm.. Wonder what Infiniti Corp would say to that; and I'm not talking Infiniti Canada.

Also, they will NOT book loaner cars for US owners or give the maintenance program. (BMW and Lexus are the same)
If this service is included as part of warranty, then they have to include it. If it's not part of warranty then it speaks volumes about their commitment to customer satisfaction and how they want to treat a fellow Infiniti owner.

By my calculations the savings were very minimal, your calcuations show $10,000. I believe my calcuations are more precise.
Based on what I actually paid (all in) vs what Hyatt quoted me as their "best offer" when I was actively looking to buy; I saved over $14,000, not the 4% that you have come up with.

The bigger issue is this:

One of the reasons the US warranty is honored in Canada is to allow for choice. If the Canadian dealerships can't handle the competition from the US dealers on the initial purchase price, then they need to take it up with Infiniti Canada and not punish the end consumer.

All dealers still get compensated from doing warranty work and service. If anything, any dealer should be happy that we actually choose an Infiniti and not Lexus or BMW or Audi etc...
Old 01-14-2008, 08:59 PM
urbandaddy

Hahahaha you guys are funny. I'm just a guy who did his homework on this and I don't want anyone to buy into the US is way cheaper than Canadian.

RRREVIN you are welcome to come to the dealership once my new G arrives since you are in Calgary. Hell you can meet me downtown for coffee if you like since thats where I work at a brokerage.

Sorry guys i'm not a car jockey, never was, never will be. Not my thing.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:02 PM
urbandaddy

Originally Posted by faston

Faston - why can't someone show you the other side of the arguement? I am not saying that buying from the US is cheaper, but I am saying that I, thats ME did not feel that the few grand justifys going through the brain damage of buying from the States.

You are from vancouver, so Seattle is not that far, so you're shipping is even cheaper, saving you more.

Its your money, do what you like.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:03 AM
rrrevin

Hahahaha you guys are funny. I'm just a guy who did his homework on this and I don't want anyone to buy into the US is way cheaper than Canadian.

RRREVIN you are welcome to come to the dealership once my new G arrives since you are in Calgary. Hell you can meet me downtown for coffee if you like since thats where I work at a brokerage.

Sorry guys i'm not a car jockey, never was, never will be. Not my thing.
You managed to get a great deal from Hyatt; way better then what I was able to negoiate. With the almost $6000 in rebates that you were able to get, it does bring the car down to a reasonable purchase price. But if you can't manage to get that discount.. then looking elsewhere is a great alternative.

To fellow Albertans (and anyone else who want to come).. we should all get together in the spring for a meet and greet. Think it would be fun.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:23 AM
urbandaddy

I agree with you. People can make their own decisions and should be well versed in what they are buying.

We should have a Calgary G37/35 Meet sometime during the summer.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:42 AM
kmare

Good thread guys; I think the Alberta factor is a big influencer here too -- UD gets away with 5% tax on his purchases; we are stuck with an additional 8% -- I would have paid almost an additional 1K in provincial tax if I had bought up here.

Service is a factor and we don't have any concrete testimonials of customer experience with their imports. Anyway; Hyatt seems to be demonstrating the typical arrogance and short sightedness of CDN business - no need to elaborate here. If I get the run around with my local dealers, the car will be back to the US for service.

The Cdn VPP pricing certainly is attractive; but has anyone got OTD @ 51K CDN? I've had varying degrees of success with VPP type programs from other manufacturers, perhaps Infiniti is different?

FYI Including all transportation; fees; duties; taxes; modifications my total came to $45K CDN (37S w/Premium) (~1.04:1 USD/CDN when I bought).

Quick Reply: Infiniti Canada - discounts