Canada Serving Canada.

Infiniti Canada - discounts

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 08:02 AM
Techuinang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if I looked correctly but it would seem like I can't find the incentive for the G37 anymore on Infiniti's website. I still see it for the the G35 sedan though. If that's the case, it will surely not help the G37 sales.

We see sale figures all the time in the main forum, I'm curious to see the numbers for the Canadian market, anyone know who's responsible for that?
Old 01-13-2008, 12:22 PM
urbandaddy

I factory ordered my G37 yesterday in Calgary, Alberta Canada.

Here is what I am getting:

Sport Package $51,600
High Tech package $3,900
Pearl White Paint $286

Grand Total: $55,786 Canadian

Cash rebate: $4,500
Additional $1,286 deduction
Free: Avery laser cut bumper, hood, mirrors, door handles, truck protection

Cash total: $50,000 plus GST & taxes

Delivery April 2008

They could not guarntee that the $4500 would be held until April, but I have a clause that clearly states my deposit ($2,000) will be refunded if the $4,500is not available by delivery.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:09 PM
SilkeG

What's the $1286 deduction?
Old 01-13-2008, 04:48 PM
vINCe_Inc

damn. thats approximately 8k price difference if you were to get it in the States. hmm. the savings are getting smaller because of the incentives by the canadian dealers.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:06 PM
urbandaddy

Its actually better than 8K difference. Don't forget the 6% duty you have to pay at the boarder.

The additional $1,286 is what I was able to negotiate. $286 was the pearl paint which I paid $0 for and the extra thousand was for not leaving the dealership and going to my 12:30pm appointment at BMW.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:59 PM
rrrevin

you better get the rebate.. kinda of pointless selling a car that you cannot get until after the rebate ends on the condition that you bought the car with the rebate.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:00 PM
PSYH
Post Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by urbandaddy
Its actually better than 8K difference. Don't forget the 6% duty you have to pay at the boarder.
It depends. I paid $40k for my car. Plus conversion, duty, taxes, and misc. fees, it came out to just under $50k, but we don't have the same options so we're not really comparing apples to apples...
Old 01-13-2008, 06:42 PM
urbandaddy

Originally Posted by psyh
It depends. I paid $40k for my car. Plus conversion, duty, taxes, and misc. fees, it came out to just under $50k, but we don't have the same options so we're not really comparing apples to apples...

| '08 G37S 6MT | Ivory Pearl + Stone Leather| Premium + Navigation | All accessories |

It looks like they are quite similiar, the only thing missing in mine is the 4 wheel steering.

I noticed you are in Toronto. The costs of getting the car, transport wise, are higher to Calgary than TO.

I'm happy with the deal and not having to do any conversions to the car. I looked in a used IS 350 and 335i, that would make sense for me to get from Arizona or Utah, without a doubt.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:42 PM
rrrevin

The attached shows a closer comparison to what you can expect and is an apples to apples comparison. The options line brings both cars up to the same options; then we figure out exchange rate conveison, then taxes, the differences.

Your $8000 difference is assuming that you'll only be able to get the car at MSRP in the US; when in fact people are getting closer to invoice, or in the rare case, lower then invoice.

Based on MSRP you'd save approx $5700 buying the same car out of the US.
Based on invoice you'd save closer to $10,000.

This is still one of the better deals I've seen in Canada, but for me I'd rather pocket the $10,000 myself.
Attached Thumbnails Infiniti Canada - discounts-g37-price.jpg  

Last edited by rrrevin; 01-13-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:17 PM
urbandaddy

Well you can do your math anyway you want, but this is how I did it, and the "savings" is not worth buying a car from the US for me.

(see attachment)

-Canadian car has better resale
-Speedo/Odometer
-Dealer support (I know for a fact you are treated as a second rate citizen by Hyatt if you buy US)

In the end its a personal choice to go through the brain damage. My math is in the attachment and I believe its not worth it with this car.

However, used G35s and IS350s are.
Attached Thumbnails Infiniti Canada - discounts-usacdn.jpg  
Old 01-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Techuinang

Cash rebate: $4,500
What is this number? I thought it was $3K until it dissapeared from Infiniti Canada's website, was this changed recently?
Old 01-13-2008, 11:31 PM
urbandaddy

The $4,500 was a rebate I recieved from Infiniti for a cash purchase. This does not apply to a finance deal.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:48 AM
rrrevin

-Canadian car has better resale
-Speedo/Odometer
-Dealer support (I know for a fact you are treated as a second rate citizen by Hyatt if you buy US)
Don't see how the Canadian car can have better resale. Please explain? Just by my thinking that off the lot you've lost, what, $4000? (as an example). The same make/model from the US should be able to resell for the same amount and the Canadian equivalent in Canada; or if you want, even a little less. However, that gives you more money in your pocket because you paid considerably less to begin with.

Speedo/Odometer. Speedo bas both Mph/Kph, so no benefit there. Yes Odometer is in miles, but you can buy a Unified Meter (Part #24820-JK71C, this is the metric Speedo/Odo) for $657 (closer to $560 on sale); still saving thousands. (I'm waiting on delivery times)

Dealer support: Interesting, we'll have to see as this is the one thing that I'm really curious about. I'll be sure to report back here if I get any attitude from Hyatt. One phone call to Infiniti Canada should set them straight. The warranty is expressly supported and honored in Canada.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:37 AM
Orbie

Originally Posted by rrrevin
Don't see how the Canadian car can have better resale. Please explain? Just by my thinking that off the lot you've lost, what, $4000? (as an example). The same make/model from the US should be able to resell for the same amount and the Canadian equivalent in Canada; or if you want, even a little less. However, that gives you more money in your pocket because you paid considerably less to begin with.

Speedo/Odometer. Speedo bas both Mph/Kph, so no benefit there. Yes Odometer is in miles, but you can buy a Unified Meter (Part #24820-JK71C, this is the metric Speedo/Odo) for $657 (closer to $560 on sale); still saving thousands. (I'm waiting on delivery times)

Dealer support: Interesting, we'll have to see as this is the one thing that I'm really curious about. I'll be sure to report back here if I get any attitude from Hyatt. One phone call to Infiniti Canada should set them straight. The warranty is expressly supported and honored in Canada.
I have to agree with urbandaddy on most of his points rrrevin. Having one of the first few 37's in Calgary I know that Hyatt did not express much love for people that were bringing their cars in purchased outside of Canada, talking to several sales people as well as service. And this is not just restricted to current situations, having a monopoly on Infiniti's in Calgary since they opened, they have just been conditioned with this kind of temperment and attitude. If you've owned a BMW you know this is definitely the case with the dealerships here nowadays. I'm not saying they won't give you service however, we'll just see how it all goes when it comes time for service. This sort of thing varies from person to person so you may or may not experience this.

The comment about the resale is also correct in my experience. I have many friends who import cars from the states to flip them or have sold them or are trying to sell them here. Think about it this way, you and urbandaddy are trying to sell me both your G37's. I know you've imported your car from the states (either by you telling me as I hope you would or by running a VIN carfax etc), I also know urbandaddy bought his locally. Let's say both of you are trying to sell to me at the same price, say $45,000. As a car buyer, I now know how much profit you are both going to be making via your respective prices and situations. I know that you have MUCH more wiggle room than urbandaddy in respect to profit margin. Knowing that I would negotiate MUCH harder with you to lower your price since I know you're making a killing. Add on to the fact that I know you have had to perform manual modifications on the car to bring it up the Canadian spec and general Canadian customer comfort with knowing something was build for and serviced in Canada, and if you were unwilling to budge on your car price I would most definitely go with urbandaddy. If you lowered the price to the point I knew we were both getting fair deals I may purchase from you, but it may take extra money discounts to ensure that my conscience is settled buying an imported car. In general the average consumer will be much more agreeable to purchasing a car built for the Canadian market, purchased and serviced locally.

These are exactly the problems my friends are having re-selling their cars in the Canadian market, sure some of them could be making a killing $20K or more in profit. However the average buyer being aware of an imported car also knows about this price difference and will not budge unless the price becomes much lower since they KNOW you can negotiate and want you to pass on the savings you gained from importing. This effectively eliminates the savings from importing breaking par with comparable Canadian vehicles or makes it worse from what I have seen.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:26 AM
HP_John

Originally Posted by rrrevin
The attached shows a closer comparison to what you can expect and is an apples to apples comparison. The options line brings both cars up to the same options; then we figure out exchange rate conveison, then taxes, the differences.

Your $8000 difference is assuming that you'll only be able to get the car at MSRP in the US; when in fact people are getting closer to invoice, or in the rare case, lower then invoice.

Based on MSRP you'd save approx $5700 buying the same car out of the US.
Based on invoice you'd save closer to $10,000.

This is still one of the better deals I've seen in Canada, but for me I'd rather pocket the $10,000 myself.
For some reason, on your spreadsheet it doesn't add the duty cost onto the final cost (almost $2500). It's listed, but it doesn't add it. Based on invoice, you'd still save about $7500, which is still a lot. I also bought from the US, so I'm not disagreeeing with you, just pointing out the spreadsheet error.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Canada - discounts