Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

2013 G37x 29K miles w/ limited maintenance for $16.5k

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2019 | 05:52 PM
Hiowatha88
Registered Member

2013 G37x 29K miles w/ limited maintenance for $16.5k

Hey all,

New to the forum sorry if this isn't allowed. I've been looking for 2012-2013 G37x's for almost 4 months now and its been tough finding one in my area that isn't outrageously priced for the miles. However, a local dealership just posted a 2013 for $16.5 for 29k miles. Just checked it out today and took it for a test drive, and the exterior and interior are nearly flawless although it does seem like the last owner could have been a smoker. I've only test drove one other G37, but this one seemed to drive great as well.

My only concern at the moment is the lack of maintenance records. The only records, that show up on the Carfax at least, is a pre-delivery inspection when the car was purchased in February of 2013. The second and only other record is in October of 2016 at 23k miles where the oil and filter was changed. I talked to the maintenance guy at the dealership and he said its basically perfect (of course).

If I went through and purchased, I would definitely take it in for a PPI. My only concern is that even if it does come back perfect the lack of maintenance in the future could bite me in the ***. I'm gonna try to talk this down to $15k, but given the low miles and the limited G37x's I've seen in my area I'm sure this is going to sell fast and the dealership won't budge on price much.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you in advance!
Old 09-13-2019 | 06:30 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Hiowatha88
Hey all,

New to the forum sorry if this isn't allowed. I've been looking for 2012-2013 G37x's for almost 4 months now and its been tough finding one in my area that isn't outrageously priced for the miles. However, a local dealership just posted a 2013 for $16.5 for 29k miles. Just checked it out today and took it for a test drive, and the exterior and interior are nearly flawless although it does seem like the last owner could have been a smoker. I've only test drove one other G37, but this one seemed to drive great as well.

My only concern at the moment is the lack of maintenance records. The only records, that show up on the Carfax at least, is a pre-delivery inspection when the car was purchased in February of 2013. The second and only other record is in October of 2016 at 23k miles where the oil and filter was changed. I talked to the maintenance guy at the dealership and he said its basically perfect (of course).

If I went through and purchased, I would definitely take it in for a PPI. My only concern is that even if it does come back perfect the lack of maintenance in the future could bite me in the ***. I'm gonna try to talk this down to $15k, but given the low miles and the limited G37x's I've seen in my area I'm sure this is going to sell fast and the dealership won't budge on price much.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you in advance!
It sounds to me like
Originally Posted by Hiowatha88;4255499I
talked to the maintenance guy at the dealership and he said its basically perfect (of course).
that maintenance guy does not work at an Infiniti dealership otherwise they can run the VIN number and give you much information about the vehicle
Keep in mind that there are many people that lease a vehicle and do little or no maintenance whatsoever.
Old 09-13-2019 | 07:19 PM
Hiowatha88
Registered Member

Yea, this G37x is at a GMC dealership and was a trade-in. Their maintenance did an inspection and I talked to one of the maintenance guys there that inspected in this week.

Would running the VIN at an Infiniti dealership pull up anything a Carfax wouldnt?

But yea, it looks like the original owner who leased it brought it in once, and the second owner only brought it in once.
Old 09-16-2019 | 09:57 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

At 29K miles I wouldn't worry about it. short of any of the owners never changing the oil on the car at all (unlikely) its not really due for any scheduled maintenance in that mileage anyways and you can look at the state of consumables like brake pads and rotors as they are presently. These aren't Ferrari's (or even high maintenance European Vehicles), they are solidly built Japanese sedans, anyways good luck in your search.
Old 09-16-2019 | 03:42 PM
cmckenzie15
Registered Member

Little over a year and a half ago I bought a CPO 13’x with 30k on the ticker for 19k. Portion of that definitely was the warranty but I see that price point very fair. Never had any issues with mine since ownership but regular maintenance. If you can get down to 15 thats a bargain and a half. Hopefully things work out.
Old 09-16-2019 | 05:51 PM
NealP
Premier Member

It doesn’t matter who runs the vin when talking about a carfax but I’d suggest you pay for the autocheck as well. My buddy works at a dealer and has seen accidents show on an autocheck but not carfax. You should also bring it to an independent shop and ask them to inspect it for you. If the dealer says no that’s a big red flag.