Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

What about this deal? Seems too good to be true?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017 | 12:42 AM
RN4L

What about this deal? Seems too good to be true?

Hey all,

I am new to the forums and have been car shopping for a bit now upgrading from a 97 Acura RL.
This is possibly going to be my first real car purchase/ biggest purchase thus far in life. So that will explain as I may have gone into way too much detail below.

At first, I started looking around Craigslist, Carmax, and a friend's dealership for a Used sports or luxury sedan. At first, I had my eyes set on a 2012 TL and test drove it from car max and was so disappointed with the suspension of the ride, it was not smooth IMO. Later that day I drove 2014 e350, gs 350, and a q50 (AWD for all 3) all 2014 around $24k from Carmax.

I liked the q50 the most for how it was fast and a comfortable ride. So I started researching more about the q50 and Infiniti, and next week Checked out my friend's dealership and they had a q50 2014 30k miles for $25k BUT while browsing cars I came across a 2013 G37x with 7,700 miles for 22k. I went to test drive both and started to quickly lean towards the G37x.

Overall I decided to go with the G37x for the condition the car seems to be in. I talked numbers and got a price of 24k with 3 years or 100k miles total(obviously will be 3 years) bumper to bumper extended warranty and tax included.

The car has a clean title I have the Auto check and Carfax for the car:

It has 2 owners first one (lease) for 2.5 years and sold car with 4k miles then another buyer bought the car for one year and it got repo'd by the next year and miles came out to right under 7700 miles.

*Two things about the Auto check and Carfax, Carfax had the car listed at silver but My friends said it was wrong and showed me the Auto check to confirm. Also the car had something with a duplicate title and car has gone from DC>NJ>* CA (but only in Carfax has the Cali associated with the Car but that is due to the Repo I think)
The reports show the car having a clean title no accidents and 2 service records.

I am going this week to take the Car to the shop I normally do my service at a family friends auto shop. I have the check financed and ready to go, but just wanted some opinions on this deal 2013 Inifiniti G37x wit 7.7k miles. Like is this low miles for this price too good to be true? Could the odometer have been tampered with? Am I being paranoid? Or should I not have to worry so much because of the warranty.

I've been researching online people saying that a car that has too low miles could be a problem due to not properly having enough highway miles or oil and other things could be stale. I've also read about the odometer tampering and also about how some extended B2B warranties aren't as they say they are. I would greatly appreciate some insight and feedback!

Thanks for reading and hopefully this wasn't too long a post.