Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Recent Prices Paid

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 05:44 PM
dagger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ricio1991
Yeah true well it's worth a shot and 30miles doesn't seem too bad for me, maybe get a mechanic around the area the car is selling and have it inspected. I know it can be a hassle but well worth it, you can also get a carfax I'm sure the dealer will provide it of you Inquire about it
I received the car fax. What do you guys think?
Old 04-16-2016, 07:09 PM
infamous84
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dagger
the carfax doesnt show much as far as what was done, if you have a infiniti dealer close by, i would take the vin number to them and see if they will give you more information about the service history. I would go check the car out drive and see how everything feels, and get a PPI done. Cargurus shows that is 2k overpriced, so use that as a negotiating tactic plus since its been sitting there so long im sure he wants to move it as well.

20-30 miles isnt much maybe a 45 min drive, worth it for the car if everything checks out
Old 04-16-2016, 07:16 PM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
Looks great man! Just like mine I bought my sedan at it had one prior owner and it was a lease vehicle, just make sure the oil is changed, also the 30k maintenance is due which you can get it done at a reputable shop and it includes brake fluid, cabin air filter and air filter if needed.

If you purchase make sure you negotiate the price, also go to a credit union to get a better interest rate
Old 04-16-2016, 07:20 PM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

And for the price I actually think it's good,I know it says it's 1k overpriced but I don't think so I think it's a mistake because a 2012 sport with those miles easily runs 23k well here in AZ for sure. I think it's because it's listed as a journey maybe you see it's not listed as a sport when it is.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:56 PM
dagger

Originally Posted by infamous84
the carfax doesnt show much as far as what was done, if you have a infiniti dealer close by, i would take the vin number to them and see if they will give you more information about the service history. I would go check the car out drive and see how everything feels, and get a PPI done. Cargurus shows that is 2k overpriced, so use that as a negotiating tactic plus since its been sitting there so long im sure he wants to move it as well.

20-30 miles isnt much maybe a 45 min drive, worth it for the car if everything checks out
I emailed the infiniti dealer hoping that they could give me a service history as you stated. Once I get that information if they even do me that favor, I will definitely make the trip out there and get a PPI. I just hope the mechanic I trust is willing to make the drive with me.
Old 04-16-2016, 09:18 PM
dagger

Originally Posted by Ricio1991
Looks great man! Just like mine I bought my sedan at it had one prior owner and it was a lease vehicle, just make sure the oil is changed, also the 30k maintenance is due which you can get it done at a reputable shop and it includes brake fluid, cabin air filter and air filter if needed.

If you purchase make sure you negotiate the price, also go to a credit union to get a better interest rate
A reputable shop like an Infiniti dealership? I hear too many stories of customers getting overcharged and the car come out with more problems.

On their site at the bottom under "vehicle condition" they have an extended warranty available that states it is an As-Is extended warranty. I am a little confused on that because I thought as-is meant that the dealer won't tell you whats wrong with it and is selling it "as-is" but they call their warranty as-is? Since its under their vehicle condition section they must be selling it "as-is" which raises a red flag
Old 04-16-2016, 09:28 PM
infamous84
Registered Member

A reputable shop like an Infiniti dealership? I hear too many stories of customers getting overcharged and the car come out with more problems.

On their site at the bottom under "vehicle condition" they have an extended warranty available that states it is an As-Is extended warranty. I am a little confused on that because I thought as-is meant that the dealer won't tell you whats wrong with it and is selling it "as-is" but they call their warranty as-is? Since its under their vehicle condition section they must be selling it "as-is" which raises a red flag
the factory warranty should still be intact, but i would double check that, and you should also have the option to extend the elite warranty up to 100k depending on what plan you choose
Old 04-16-2016, 09:32 PM
dagger

the factory warranty should still be intact, but i would double check that, and you should also have the option to extend the elite warranty up to 100k depending on what plan you choose
Alright good to know. Thanks.

I forgot to post the link for you guys to see it my bad. Here you go
Old 04-16-2016, 09:34 PM
infamous84
Registered Member

Alright good to know. Thanks.

I forgot to post the link for you guys to see it my bad. Here you go
ya def. a nice looking car worth getting if everything checks out
Old 04-16-2016, 09:41 PM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

It's pretty normal for a dealer to sell a vehicle as is, I would be worried and if your getting a extended warranty I would go with Infiniti warranty. I meant a local reputable mechanic and no it's too expensive at Infiniti dealership not worth it
Old 04-16-2016, 09:43 PM
infamous84
Registered Member

an inspection at infiniti cost me $130 which isnt bad
Old 04-16-2016, 09:46 PM
dagger

ya def. a nice looking car worth getting if everything checks out
I'm just worried on why its been sitting for so long. Well only way to find out. Gotta go test drive it and get a ppi
Old 04-16-2016, 10:14 PM
Kb Cool
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
I'm just worried on why its been sitting for so long.
Because, the previous owner drove it like he stole it! Drifted it too!
Old 04-16-2016, 11:13 PM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Kb Cool
Yeah true well it's worth a shot getting it test drove and inspected
Old 04-16-2016, 11:17 PM
dagger

Originally Posted by Kb Cool
Damn that was my plan! He beat me to it !!

This is going to be my first purchase by the way! Got any tips on how to go about this whole process? I researched a lot and have gathered lots of insight and advice thanks to you guys!!! I just feel like once it comes to the negotiation I will mess up or not know the best way to go about it. I will try to obtain more service reports and history about the car, test drive it, take it to a mechanic for PPI, and then negotiate a deal. Since I don't know every single part of the car, and I was never really a car guy, I feel like it would be hard to negotiate with a salesman compared to someone who has more knowledge or a car expert. Or is that what the mechanic and PPI is for? I definitely like the car a lot though and idk if I am willing to wait for prices to drop as a previous user had said they would due to the new Q60. I just hope this car doesn't escape! too anxious! and exciting at the same time:drivin gdrivingbowroflbowrofleek3eek3icon17 icon17confused2confused2:

Quick Reply: Recent Prices Paid