Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Question about cancelling extended warranty

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 05:47 PM
GWillikers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Question about cancelling extended warranty

Hey everyone. I bought my 2011 G37 in June with the extended warranty. I had buyers remorse and went back a week later to cancel it. How long does it take for the warranty amount to come off the loan? I've gone through 2 billing cycles and the warranty amount is still on the loan. Is this normal or should I call Infiniti and ask them?
Old 08-11-2014, 02:40 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by GWillikers
Hey everyone. I bought my 2011 G37 in June with the extended warranty. I had buyers remorse and went back a week later to cancel it. How long does it take for the warranty amount to come off the loan? I've gone through 2 billing cycles and the warranty amount is still on the loan. Is this normal or should I call Infiniti and ask them?
Do you have anything in writing?

Was the first transaction cancelled out and was a new purchase/lease transaction signed a week later?

If the answer is no than a contract is a contract.

Why did you put the extended warranty into the loan?

I had an extended warranty on my 06 G35 that I put on a credit card. The dealer billed monthly over a one year period on my credit card which gives me points. Sold it at 171796 miles

Good luck

Telcoman
Old 08-11-2014, 11:43 AM
slowsocalg35
Registered Member

Call Infiniti corporate. Exact same thing happened to me. The dealer dragged their feet forever submitting the paperwork to cancel the extended warranty. Then they had the extended warranty money direct to them instead of the loan as if I had financed the warranty though them. Shaddy, but Infiniti corporate was ok with it. Took over 2.5 months to get my money back from the dealer. Thought I was going to have to take them to court.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:11 PM
GWillikers

Originally Posted by telcoman
Do you have anything in writing?

Was the first transaction cancelled out and was a new purchase/lease transaction signed a week later?

If the answer is no than a contract is a contract.

Why did you put the extended warranty into the loan?

I had an extended warranty on my 06 G35 that I put on a credit card. The dealer billed monthly over a one year period on my credit card which gives me points. Sold it at 171796 miles

Good luck

Telcoman
Yes, I have a copy of the cancellation in writing. The finance guy said it would be taken off the loan in 1-2 billing cycles. The dealers only way of getting the extended warranty was by putting it on the loan for some reason, seems shady.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:13 PM
GWillikers

Originally Posted by slowsocalg35
Call Infiniti corporate. Exact same thing happened to me. The dealer dragged their feet forever submitting the paperwork to cancel the extended warranty. Then they had the extended warranty money direct to them instead of the loan as if I had financed the warranty though them. Shaddy, but Infiniti corporate was ok with it. Took over 2.5 months to get my money back from the dealer. Thought I was going to have to take them to court.
Thanks for your response. My dealer seems shady too, so I'm going to take your advice and give Infiniti Corporate a call.