Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Need some info on buying a g37 2010

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014 | 09:47 PM
khalo

Thumbs up Need some info on buying a g37 2010

Ello', well I am in the market for a new car after my recent car had been totaled by an accident ( not my fault ) and I was interested in buying a g37... I was originally going to get a 335i, but my last car was a Nissan so why not continue the legacy xD. Anywho, I have found 2 G37's (2010 sedan) in my local area that are selling for 20k and 19k, the one with 20k has 33k miles on it, and 19k has 54k miles on it. Both cars have CLEAN carfaxes but I will still bring a mechanic along to do a inspection on the car for prior accident etc etc.

My questions are:What do you guys think is the better buy? Any ideas on how I should test the car? How reliable are these cars? I know that infiniti is a upscale brand, but how are the repair/maintenance costs compared to their german couterparts? I plan on keeping this car for awhile...(7+ years).

Thanks

Last edited by khalo; 02-12-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-13-2014 | 01:24 PM
Byron Sexton

Well i would think the one with less miles on it would be the better buy.
Old 02-13-2014 | 01:27 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Lol, are you serious? 1000 extra dollars for 22000 fewer miles.

This is just me, but generally I test cars by driving them. The cars are effectively Nissan's (same powertrain as a 370, mostly). Repair and maintenance are still fairly costly (it is a luxury brand), but far less than german counterparts.
Old 02-13-2014 | 01:44 PM
Byron Sexton

He could always negotiate and get it lower
Old 02-13-2014 | 06:19 PM
khalo

^ Cant negotiate any lower, this dealer buys directly from Auctions.

Also is an extended warrenty worth it? and my real concern is realibility.
Old 02-13-2014 | 07:02 PM
Byron Sexton

Originally Posted by khalo
^ Cant negotiate any lower, this dealer buys directly from Auctions.

Also is an extended warrenty worth it? and my real concern is realibility.
Well if that is the case then get the one with higher miles

If you can get an extended warranty then get that but you will be paying the same for a G37 with fewer miles in the long run anyways.

Drive them see which one feels better
Old 02-15-2014 | 12:55 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Ello', well I am in the market for a new car after my recent car had been totaled by an accident ( not my fault ) and I was interested in buying a g37... I was originally going to get a 335i, but my last car was a Nissan so why not continue the legacy xD. Anywho, I have found 2 G37's (2010 sedan) in my local area that are selling for 20k and 19k, the one with 20k has 33k miles on it, and 19k has 54k miles on it. Both cars have CLEAN carfaxes but I will still bring a mechanic along to do a inspection on the car for prior accident etc etc.

My questions are:What do you guys think is the better buy? Any ideas on how I should test the car? How reliable are these cars? I know that infiniti is a upscale brand, but how are the repair/maintenance costs compared to their german couterparts? I plan on keeping this car for awhile...(7+ years).

Thanks
I'm not sure I would ever want to own a $20k 335i, especially if reliability is a consideration, but you said your not going that route so I won't rant.

$1,000 for a car with 21k less miles is a no brainer, if all options are equal. Both cars will likely still have some factory warranty on the powertrain, obviously the car with less miles will be covered longer.

The cars are reliable. A carfax and mechanic check will suffice for this car, we'll call Wayne Carini another day.

Repair and maintenance is going to be middle of the road. Your oil changes won't be $100+ like some German cars. 7 years of ownership will be much less expensive to maintain compared to a German car (on average). Also, if you do plan to keep the car that long, it makes even more sense to go with the lower mileage car.

Best of luck with whichever route you choose.
Old 02-15-2014 | 08:36 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Thanks
Buy a new one! It comes with all new parts and a warranty. You don't have to worry about what was done to the vehicle prior to your purchase.
Divide the purchase price by 120 months (10 years). You'll save money over the long run.

Telcoman
Old 02-15-2014 | 10:38 AM
Byron Sexton

Originally Posted by telcoman
Buy a new one! It comes with all new parts and a warranty. You don't have to worry about what was done to the vehicle prior to your purchase.
Divide the purchase price by 120 months (10 years). You'll save money over the long run.

Telcoman
that is a lot of interest paid .......
Old 02-15-2014 | 11:03 AM
Infinitard
Premier Member

Sounds like a decent deal, do both have nav? Either of them a sport package? Different equipment will command a different price. Also carfax does not always show an accident so try and bring a mechanic that can spot paintwork easily and look out for overspray on weatherstripping and glass, feel inside edges of doors, hood and trunk for tape lines and look for misaligned body panels or unsatisfactory operation of doors etc.

All things considered I would go for one that still has the 4/60k Warranty in effect if anything goes wrong you can just bring it to the dealer.

Good luck.
Old 02-16-2014 | 01:02 AM
khalo

Originally Posted by Infinitard
Sounds like a decent deal, do both have nav? Either of them a sport package? Different equipment will command a different price. Also carfax does not always show an accident so try and bring a mechanic that can spot paintwork easily and look out for overspray on weatherstripping and glass, feel inside edges of doors, hood and trunk for tape lines and look for misaligned body panels or unsatisfactory operation of doors etc.

All things considered I would go for one that still has the 4/60k Warranty in effect if anything goes wrong you can just bring it to the dealer.

Good luck.
They both only have 4 months remaining :/ but 27 months powertrain left.
Old 02-16-2014 | 08:19 AM
Infinitard
Premier Member

Better than nothing, at least you have some coverage left
Old 02-16-2014 | 05:59 PM
itzricky

I bought a 2011 G37X Silver, premium package for $23k (after taxes / registrations) 2 weekends ago. Straight from auction, and was a dealer lease return.

Has a minor bumper scratch at the back that I'll fix myself during the summer with touchup paint. Other than that it's fine.

33k mileage.
Old 02-16-2014 | 06:04 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Byron Sexton
that is a lot of interest paid .......
Pay for it in three years and save the money over the next seven so you can pay cash for the next one.
Once you get caught in the lease cycle it is difficult to escape

Telcoman