Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Is the dealership playing games?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Supermario

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the dealership playing games?

Hey everyone, I was hoping to get your opinions on this situation.

I put a deposit on a used 2010 g37x coupe 3 weeks ago from an Infiniti dealership. Got a really good deal on it. Only issue with the car was that it appeared that dirt/tar had melted onto the paint all over the back half of the body. The dealership said they would be able to wash it off no problem. A week after I put the deposit in they said the body shop wasn't able to get rid of the spots and that they are willing to repaint the whole car on their dime. I was on the fence about painting it but the dealership said it will be exactly the same colour and professionally done.

So I followed up with the dealership last week and they said the body shop is still working on it. When I asked for an estimated time line they said it usually takes a couple of weeks to do, since they have to strip it and put on several coats. I called them today to see how the progress is and at first they said they haven't gotten a time frame and that I can cancel if I wanted to. As the conversation kept going, he finally said that he talked to the body shop last Friday and they said it will be another 2 weeks.

How long does it usually take for a full paint job to take? Do you think he's just stalling so I can cancel since I'm assuming that this is costing them too much? Or is this long wait justified?

Thanks!
Old 07-22-2013, 07:37 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Just cancel, and move on.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:02 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Just cancel, and move on.
^what he said. if they were at all concerned with getting your business, you'd have the car already.

honestly, they probably sold it to someone else who didn't catch it.

get your money back and go to another dealersh!t
Old 07-23-2013, 12:22 AM
Alkatraz

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
A decent paint job should take a couple of weeks to do. If they are taking all of the panels off and painting (which a professional paint shop would) then it is a lot of work.

If they are being really evasive with their answers, then I would do what the others have suggested and get my money back. Then never go back to them again.

P.S if any work was required before taking delivery of the car then you should have gotten it in writing with an expected delivery date.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:11 AM
KEG97
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
Why not cruise by the body shop and check things out for yourself? One of my favorite sayings at work....Expect then Inspect
Old 07-23-2013, 10:24 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
You have no idea what that body shop's workload is like. If you are impatient and have to have a car RIGHT NOW then get your deposit back and move on. Or bug them and try to get them to rush painting your car so you get it faster at the expense of having them cut corners in the interest of expediting it for you. Or be patient and get it when you get it and hopefully they are taking the necessary time to do a fantastic job.

Check weekly to let them know you are still waiting and still care. Hopefully it's a fantastic job and everybody's happy. Or start searching for another car.