Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Will be leasing a coupe soon and have a few questions..

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Machina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will be leasing a coupe soon and have a few questions..

Hi everyone, new to the site here. Hopefully I will be able to get into a new coupe and be part of the community here! Anyways, I am ready to lease a new coupe but have a few questions I am hoping someone can help me with. I see on the main infiniti website they have 3100/down (plus probably 500 more for first mo. payment, etc etc) and that would be 399/mo. I am only wanting to put down 1500 and am wanting to know how much higher that will make my payments. Also, can I lease a manual? It seems the manual is a "sport" package and the main website only shows the journey. Can someone clarify this for me? Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 07-07-2013, 01:39 AM
iGGy37S

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
How much down you are allowed to put down will depend on how bad they want to make a deal with you.

You can lease any car you like, in any package. This will depend on what they have on the lot or what they can find for you. Remember that if they have to go out of their way to find you a car, then you wont have as much negotiating power.

Whats listed on the website is likely a promotional offer on that package. Its likely priced attractively so you will have to get that package. If you want something else the price will change, and of course everything I mentioned above.

The best thing to do is go to your dealer and ask all of these questions
Old 07-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Machina

I noticed the main infiniti USA website has it at 3199 down and 329/month now. That's a big difference from 399/mo with same down payment that they had last month. Not sure what would make the price drop like that but I still want to put only 1500 down. Also, we only have one Infiniti dealership here in Memphis and they have no M6. This will probably hurt me when it comes to negotiating. Any other thoughts?
Old 07-08-2013, 05:15 PM
esquesk

Originally Posted by Machina
I noticed the main infiniti USA website has it at 3199 down and 329/month now. That's a big difference from 399/mo with same down payment that they had last month. Not sure what would make the price drop like that but I still want to put only 1500 down. Also, we only have one Infiniti dealership here in Memphis and they have no M6. This will probably hurt me when it comes to negotiating. Any other thoughts?
With a lease, you should never put any money down unless you're putting down MSD's. Also, the main deals on the website are always mediocre. You can do much better negotiating on your own.

Also, you don't know what options they have put into the package deals so they may not be comparable.

For a G37 Journey w/ Premium Pkg @10k/yr, you should be aiming for ~$330/340 a month + tax with nothing down (other than TTL).

If you take time and go to some searching to understand leases, you can go prepared with an understanding of the selling price, incentives, invoice, msrp, mf, residual, & MSDs that will allow you to save thousands on your purchase.

However, if that's not for you, you wouldn't be getting THAT hosed by the deal offered on the infiniti website.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Machina

So I called Infiniti of Memphis asking about leasing a manual tranny and here is what I got back: (I will attach the quote)...

Good afternoon Michael,

I'm sorry it took so long to get the leasing information for you. My manager wanted to make sure we could get a G37 Coupe with a manual transmission. We were able to get a black on black coupe with a 6 speed manual transmission. Attached you will find the numbers for both a 24 and 36 month lease with 10,000 miles. Right now there aren't any leasing specials on the manual transmissions. I hope this information was helpful to you.

If you have any questions please contact me at my direct line 901-432-8254 or on my cell phone 901-573-4911. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Betty Tally
Sales Consultant
Attached Thumbnails Will be leasing a coupe soon and have a few questions..-scan0001.jpg  
Old 07-10-2013, 12:06 AM
Machina

Anyone? Trying not to get walked all over here..
Old 07-10-2013, 01:35 AM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
600-700 a month and only 10k miles a year? Sounds insanely high.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:26 AM
redshift1

I leased a 2013 coupe black on black sport pkg 6 sp manual with upgraded rims.

$1500 down $500.00 a month for 24 months. 10k miles per year.

Southern California, Orange County
Old 07-10-2013, 07:35 PM
esquesk

You're getting hosed in that deal. I wouldn't even try with that dealer and go to another one.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:25 AM
Machina

This whole thing is so annoying. When are they just gonna have fixed prices on this crap lol. Anyways, I'm kind of pissed actually and am going to look at some other dealerships in TN. They only have about 12 G37's on the lot and the cheapest one is 48.2k.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:42 AM
redshift1

This whole thing is so annoying. When are they just gonna have fixed prices on this crap lol. Anyways, I'm kind of pissed actually and am going to look at some other dealerships in TN. They only have about 12 G37's on the lot and the cheapest one is 48.2k.
I had to make a spread sheet to keep track of the salesmen, dealerships and offers especially for when they call back over and over and over.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Neiklot

If you really are heavily invested in leasing look into putting your money into Multiple Security Deposits.

Infiniti allows up to 9 MSDs that each drop the money factor by .0001.

Money Factor is the interest rate on the product.

A lease is the difference between the Residual value of the vehicle and the negotiated PRICE of the vehicle.

If the vehicle is 60% from a price of $40,000 then you would only be paying the difference of $16,000 over the course of the lease. Money factor comes in when you have the interest added into your payments.

With a money factor of 0% your lease for this example would be $444.44 +tax monthly. Typically Money Factors can be adjusted where if you do all 9 MSD that could save you significant amount from a monthly payment perspective.

Car I got was 2010 G37S Coupe Journey with sports package and Premium package

The deal I got was
$3600 MSD down
~$900 with ttt/doc fee/1st month down
MSRP $46,000
Negotiated Price ~$39000
Monthly $340 for 36 Months
12k Miles a Year

Hope this helps

Last edited by Neiklot; 07-12-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:32 PM
Vasher

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^Exactly right, you need to know how it works.

Now your second problem, you're going about it all wrong. Once you understand how leasing works you have to implement it into your shopping/negotiating. If you contact the dealer with "what's the deal", you're not going to get one.

You need to locate the car you want and tell them "here's the deal".
Old 07-13-2013, 05:44 PM
phxflyboy

That "deal" they sent you is comical. That price is so far off I wouldn't even talk to them again. Mine's not a manual but I just got a 2013 G37S Coupe w/Prem/Nav/Illum kickplates, etc., pretty well loaded for $2500 out of pocket (incl tax/ttl/lic) with a monthly of $435 INCLUDING tax for 10K miles a year/24 months. Sticker on mine was $49K and around $51K with dealer extras. Not the BEST deal but light years beyond what they offered you. Seriously, at the lease price they showed you, you could be leasing in an entire price bracket up (i.e. Audi S5, BMW 435i, etc.). My advice is to keep looking.

phxflyboy
Old 07-13-2013, 06:09 PM
JaxG

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you dont know how to calculate a lease, then you shouldnt lease period. You need to do some research and educate yourself on how it works and how they are figured or you will get screwed. They feed off people that dont know how a lease works. Thats where they make their money.

Quick Reply: Will be leasing a coupe soon and have a few questions..