Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Will be leasing a coupe soon and have a few questions..

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 05:22 PM
dorantty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just leased a g37s coupe auto for 425 a month tax included with 1684 drive off for 24 months 12k miles a year, you gotta look for a good deal
Old 07-18-2013, 10:28 PM
Machina

I'm glad you posted that. I was at the dealership and they have me at 388/mo with 4100/total down. I only have 2000 at the most down and need to be as close to 400 as possible. That's on the journey package. Does yours have the sport package? Thanks for the post
Old 07-19-2013, 11:37 AM
Neiklot

Originally Posted by JaxG
If you dont know how to calculate a lease, then you shouldnt lease period. You need to do some research and educate yourself on how it works and how they are figured or you will get screwed. They feed off people that dont know how a lease works. Thats where they make their money.
This is something you need to take into account OP.

Without the specifics on your deal there is no possible way we can tell you exactly what is a good or bad deal.

I would assume that since he said g37s it would have the sports package....

Originally Posted by Machina
I'm glad you posted that. I was at the dealership and they have me at 388/mo with 4100/total down. I only have 2000 at the most down and need to be as close to 400 as possible. That's on the journey package. Does yours have the sport package? Thanks for the post
I would seriously advise NOT to put 4100 down on a car that you are going to walk away from in 3 years....PUT IT TOWARDS MSD. Don't even consider putting 2000 down on the price of the car. I highly doubt you will only put 2k and get the car. Consider that you will have to pay the 1st month as well as TTT and dealer fees. You may look at ending up paying close to 3.5k at the end.

If you aren't sure what MSD is go back to my previous post https://www.myg37.com/forums/3652524-post12.html

Again give us the details or we can't tell you what is a good deal or not...

PS don't underestimate the amount of money interest effects you on a monthly payment basis. Even 3% interest can affect your payment by ~$20-$30.

Last edited by Neiklot; 07-19-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Track Star

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
My advise would be to find a leasing agency around your area and work through them. People truly underestimate how great of a deal a leasing agent can get you. He knows everything there is to know about leasing so you dont need to take the time to learn and he represents your interests. This is ofcourse, if you find a good and honest one, but it does not hurt to try since it is all just part of the shopping experience.

For example, the deal we got my brother in law no more than 2 weeks ago on a 2013 G37S fully loaded with navigation. $2000 out of pocket, $298 a month (tax included), on a 24 month lease.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Neiklot

Originally Posted by Track Star
My advise would be to find a leasing agency around your area and work through them. People truly underestimate how great of a deal a leasing agent can get you. He knows everything there is to know about leasing so you dont need to take the time to learn and he represents your interests. This is ofcourse, if you find a good and honest one, but it does not hurt to try since it is all just part of the shopping experience.

For example, the deal we got my brother in law no more than 2 weeks ago on a 2013 G37S fully loaded with navigation. $2000 out of pocket, $298 a month (tax included), on a 24 month lease.
I can't see how that is a good deal. You ended up paying $2k for a car you'll only have for 24 months and end up losing that same amount.

Honestly if you are going to consider leasing do the leg work and learn the lingo and tools of the trade. You'll find that you come out with a much better deal and you don't have to end up paying a third party person any money.

Just my opinion of course. Everyone is entitled to lease however you want of course.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Track Star

Originally Posted by Neiklot
I can't see how that is a good deal. You ended up paying $2k for a car you'll only have for 24 months and end up losing that same amount.

Honestly if you are going to consider leasing do the leg work and learn the lingo and tools of the trade. You'll find that you come out with a much better deal and you don't have to end up paying a third party person any money.

Just my opinion of course. Everyone is entitled to lease however you want of course.
It's a good deal because at the end of the lease, we end up paying around $8300 of a $49,000 car so with their residual they are planning on being able to sell that car 2 years from now with 24,000 miles for around $40,000. I don't see that happening, do you?
Old 07-20-2013, 03:52 PM
Neiklot

It's a good deal because at the end of the lease, we end up paying around $8300 of a $49,000 car so with their residual they are planning on being able to sell that car 2 years from now with 24,000 miles for around $40,000. I don't see that happening, do you?
But you do realize the 2013 are going to take a huge hit on the resale value with the Q60s coming out?

Also Infiniti residuals are almost dead on when it comes to "making out" with a ton of money.

After the 2yrs you still end up having to pay off the remaining balance of the vehicle to turn around and sell it. With the resale taking a hit I just don't see you coming out with a load of money. I still think it's a terrible idea to be putting any amount of money towards a lease unless it's for the MSD. At least with the MSD you get your money back at the end of the lease term.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:54 PM
Track Star

Originally Posted by Neiklot
But you do realize the 2013 are going to take a huge hit on the resale value with the Q60s coming out?

Also Infiniti residuals are almost dead on when it comes to "making out" with a ton of money.

After the 2yrs you still end up having to pay off the remaining balance of the vehicle to turn around and sell it. With the resale taking a hit I just don't see you coming out with a load of money. I still think it's a terrible idea to be putting any amount of money towards a lease unless it's for the MSD. At least with the MSD you get your money back at the end of the lease term.
Ahh well thats exactly the point. The point is to return the car at the end of the 2 year lease, not keep it. You end up driving a brand new car for 2 years for $8000 and returning it with the loss in resale value falling upon the dealership, not yourself. You get to have a brand new car again in 2 years. For people who can afford leasing and love having a new car often, its an optimal deal without any of the headache. You can only win when the dealer loses. In this case, the dealer loses in resale value because there is no way for them to meet their predicted residual value.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:51 AM
Neiklot

Ahh well thats exactly the point. The point is to return the car at the end of the 2 year lease, not keep it. You end up driving a brand new car for 2 years for $8000 and returning it with the loss in resale value falling upon the dealership, not yourself. You get to have a brand new car again in 2 years. For people who can afford leasing and love having a new car often, its an optimal deal without any of the headache. You can only win when the dealer loses. In this case, the dealer loses in resale value because there is no way for them to meet their predicted residual value.
Agreed. I thought you meant you were planning on keeping the car or selling it to try and make off with extra cash on the car.