Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

End of Lease transfer of car

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 06:17 AM
Wiggum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
End of Lease transfer of car

My lease is up in June (1 payment left) My parents want to buy the car out for the price listed on my contract. Called the dealer near me a few weeks back. They tell me "no problem, just a 50 dollar fee." Called back yesterday and am now told that they will not do this for me unless the person takes the extended warranty for around 2800 dollars. They said it is there police that you have to take the extended warranty.

Called up an Infiniti dealer about 30 minutes away and they said they would do it no problem for me with or without an extended warranty.

I called up Infiniti Financial before calling the second dealer and they were annoyed that the first dealer would make a statement like that. They wanted to do a conference call with the first dealer. I said no thanks, I'll take my business to the second dealer.

I'm waiting for the Q50 so I want to wait before I get into my next car. My G37x has 25k miles on it and I was wondering if they were trying to get me to just turn the car in or something like that.

Anyone ever experience something like this?
Old 04-27-2013, 10:49 AM
NJ Torque
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
What dealer was this? PM me please.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:20 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
They also want to make money off you on your way out!!!
Old 04-27-2013, 12:36 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Shady as hell. I assumed someone's lease near the end and bought it at the end of the term. They wanted me to turn it in and buy a new car but simply said so and didn't try to deceive me to get me to do it.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:51 PM
baksdak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is very shady. I would have had the conference call with the first just to hear their response and call them out on it. Then would have done the deal through the second dealer
Old 04-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Wiggum

She even told me the name of the other dealer to go to instead.

What is the best way for me to do this. Got a little confused at the dealer today. They were packed with customers so I offered to come back next week. One payment left on my lease. As I said above my parents want this car at my lease buyout price of a tad more then 24k. The dealer says basically I have to buy the car and transfer it to them, but how could I do that if they are taking a loan for the car. Doesn't the bank hold the title or something on the car until it is paid off completely? They want to move the registration, title and everything into there names.

Last edited by Wiggum; 04-27-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:38 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Correct. You have to buy it out not them. Then they can in turn buy it from you. The only other option is for you to assign the lease to them, then they can buy it directly when the lease is done.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:47 AM
phxflyboy

I did this exact same thing on a Jeep lease a couple years ago. Went into the dealership with my friend who was buying out the lease at the end, the dealer took care of everything. There was like a $25 paperwork fee but I essentially signed the paperwork taking ownership of it (I guess) then immediately "sold" it to my friend. Any decent dealer should be VERY familiar with this process and it should go very smoothly.

phxflyboy
Old 04-28-2013, 03:25 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

I don't know the exact circumstances you had, but you can't sell or give away what you don't own. He can transfer the lease to them and they can buy it at lease end. Or he can buy it and sell it to them. He can't sell it to them until he owns it. If he can get the dealership to agree to sell it to them for the residual price when he turns it in that would be great but they don't have to do that.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:26 AM
Wiggum

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I don't know the exact circumstances you had, but you can't sell or give away what you don't own. He can transfer the lease to them and they can buy it at lease end. Or he can buy it and sell it to them. He can't sell it to them until he owns it. If he can get the dealership to agree to sell it to them for the residual price when he turns it in that would be great but they don't have to do that.
This is pretty much what the dealership is saying. They said my Dad can still pay for car from his USAA loan. Doesn't USAA get named on the title until it is paid off? Don't remember if they still do that or not.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by Wiggum
This is pretty much what the dealership is saying. They said my Dad can still pay for car from his USAA loan. Doesn't USAA get named on the title until it is paid off? Don't remember if they still do that or not.
Yes. Our loan for my wife's car is through USAA. As long as the car is being financed, they'll be listed as lien holder on the title
Old 04-28-2013, 02:18 PM
DONTTASEMEBRO

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Honestly though you should have a conference call with that dealer along with corporate so they can put them in there place and not try to jip off every single person they see.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Wiggum

Originally Posted by DONTTASEMEBRO
Honestly though you should have a conference call with that dealer along with corporate so they can put them in there place and not try to jip off every single person they see.
LOL what I should do is get the car from her with the extended warranty. Then turn right around before I walk out of her office and say. I thought about it some more and decided to cancel the extended warranty.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:35 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
I've been through this with clients. It will take a few weeks to process just some FYI for you. It can be done but the vehicle will have to sit at the dealer.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:15 AM
Wiggum

Could I transfer the lease to my parents (1 payment left) and then they could just buy the car right out?

Quick Reply: End of Lease transfer of car